Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
So I've never been a fan of the BHMs. I like the idea but dislike just about every pair made to this point.

I'm not against themes as long as they are done right. That being said how would you guys feel if they made them based off actual people. Like GW Carter, Matthew Henson or Madam Walker for example? Peanuts, Snow and Hair I suppose.

So I've never been a fan of the BHMs. I like the idea but dislike just about every pair made to this point.

I'm not against themes as long as they are done right. That being said how would you guys feel if they made them based off actual people. Like GW Carter, Matthew Henson or Madam Walker for example? Peanuts, Snow and Hair I suppose.
I could go for a Fredrick Douglas

I think given Nike's track record...that would be extremely difficult to pull off.

I liked the Kobe 6. The KD4/Kobe 7/Lebron 9 set was the best though. The orange tribal theme the next year was good. Last year I wasn't feeling the purple. This year is looking pretty uninspired, unfortunately.

I just never get the designs. Like tribal for instance. When I think of BHM nothing tribal comes to mind. I think of American History and all the people we studied and wrote reports on back in school.

I just never get the designs. Like tribal for instance. When I think of BHM nothing tribal comes to mind. I think of American History and all the people we studied and wrote reports on back in school.
yeah that's bcuz they didn't want us getting to deep into it, did yall watch roots at school? we didn't, African American History is truly only a small part of Black History so I understand the tribal and the purple royalty, don't ask me what they're going for this yr or what they went for with that multi colored ver on the 4/9/7 was

I understand where the tribal print comes from and what it's supposed to pay homage to. BHM is a American thing though. That's why I expected more of black American history to be highlighted I guess.

Ugh...I still remember being told by an older black man that I had no business wearing BHM shoes (I think I was wearing the KD V). I really didn't say anything at the time, but Black History is part of American History, and American History is part of me too.

I would buy a Morgan Freeman shoe without even seeing it
roll.gif

It's really just an insulting marketing ploy. The consumer doesn't learn anything about "black history" by buying it. In addition, associating "black history" to basketball sneakers is problematic itself when considering the bias the culture has to sports/entertainment vs STEM.

It's really just an insulting marketing ploy. The consumer doesn't learn anything about "black history" by buying it. In addition, associating "black history" to basketball sneakers is problematic itself when considering the bias the culture has to sports/entertainment vs STEM.
don't they use some of the money towards something BHMish, kinda like the N7 collection

The whole concept is insulting in a way. Relegating BH to a month. That was Morgan Freeman's point in that clip I spoke of. An even though that's the case I wouldn't want Henson and Carver to not be discussed and mentioned in school. Without BHM I doubt they're stories would be as well known.

Last edited:
The whole concept is insulting in a way. Relegating BH to a month. That was Morgan Freeman's point in that clip I spoke of. An even though that's the case I wouldn't want Henson and Carver to not be discussed and mentioned in school. Without BHM I doubt they're stories would be as well known.
but we have months for Native Americans, Women, and I believe Asians but don't quote me on that been a min since I had to do any Army EO campaigns, N7s in Novemeber, BHM around Feb it is what it is, atleast they're trying to celebrate which is more than most people attempt to do in the first place

The whole concept is insulting in a way. Relegating BH to a month. That was Morgan's Freeman's point in that clip I spoke of. An even though that's the case I wouldn't want Henson and Carver to not be discussed and mentioned in school. Without BHM I doubt they're stories would be as well known.

So the thing is that because of how things were in the past, there have been small recorded/recognized contributions by blacks. I'm not saying carver isn't important but he is no Euler, no Tesla, no coloumb.

I feel like if they wanted blacks to be more respected outside of entertainment then they should focus on current figures doing the damn thing like Neil Tyson to promote bhm.

Imagine if the Galaxy drop was for astronomy and had the favorite constellations of the signature player. Would be better than some tribal print that isn't easily relatable to people.

i just hope i can cop...... held strong on the last few CWs after buying the first 3.... cave mans will prob be copped but i love gold
Yeah, most colorways have been decent, but i've been trying to chill and see what else drops first..

i do have gg's , and i plan on getting these navy and gold ones... i think the navy and golds are better then the gg's

I agree that fresher more prevalent people should be highlighted. Knowing the world we live in they'll find a way to mess that up by elevating celebs and such. I can honestly picture kids 30 years from now doing reports on Kanye. Not that he's not a success but I'm sure you guys get what I mean.

I'd love to see a BHM pack or something celebrating individual pioneers though. They have a lot of possible cool concepts that can come from it.

Fredrick Douglas beard pack beard hair ext kd7s
laugh.gif
see you ain't right
mean.gif

roll.gif

I agree that fresher more prevalent people should be highlighted. Knowing the world we live in they'll find a way to mess that up by elevating celebs and such. I can honestly picture kids 30 years from now doing reports on Kanye. Not that he's not a success but I'm sure you guys get what I mean.

I'd love to see a BHM pack or something celebrating individual pioneers though. They have a lot of possible cool concepts that can come from it.
if that's the case can I get a KDX Malcom
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom