Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters

I wasn't saying Nike would continue to promote KD if he leaves. Was just wondering if any future UA shoes would have the same KD logo on them, or if UA would have to come up with a new one if the current logo is property of Nike.
I hope they come up with something fresh and new. I have a feeling if KD has a stake in the company, he will have a ton of input on HIS products.

That's one of the main things I'm still a little confused about. KD's 7 year contract with Nike has expired but we've only seen 6 full installments of a Nike shoe with him. Would he be obligated to fulfill out a full shoe run with the 7's? Instead of just making 4 to 5 pairs then of the 7's and just going to another company. I know contracts can be very technical

That's one of the main things I'm still a little confused about. KD's 7 year contract with Nike has expired but we've only seen 6 full installments of a Nike shoe with him. Would he be obligated to fulfill out a full shoe run with the 7's? Instead of just making 4 to 5 pairs then of the 7's and just going to another company. I know contracts can be very technical
That's what I was wondering. Would he be the first person to have 2 shoes in one year or at the same time? This is going to be a very interesting story.

Well that's obvious, but my question was who does the logo belong to, KD or Nike.

I'm pretty sure KD's logo was created by somebody on Nike's Design team more than likely Leo Chang (not 100% sure) whatever the case a logo designed and trademarked by Nike will belong to Nike.

UA knows..

everybody-has-a-price-ted-dibiase.jpg

they stuffing that money down KDs throat and he gonna take it

paul-roma-getting-owned-by-ted-dibiase-sr-o.gif

I just hope that if he switches over it doesn't turn in to a "check out how premium these materials are, such superior build quality" circle jerk with his ua shoe. Like with wade and lining. Not saying those aren't, but there's more to a shoe than nice materials.
thats literally the only thing going for them because they are *** ugly

I wonder who owns the KD logo... KD himself or Nike? I would guess Nike but don't know.
If I'm not mistaken Nike created the logo, but they use KD's name/likeness so he holds the right to the name say, but they have the right to the logo just as I'm sure they have the rights to the kobe sheath logo.

So if he signs with UA, does that means we're not getting Calm Before The Storms & Easy Money Releases?

They didn't push him until the 5 according to Matt Powell. No KDs were in my city until the 5s . As soon as they made more of his shoes the revenue skyrocketed.
Of course they would have to give Lebron a raise even though he didn't even wear his own shoe. It would be dumb of Nike to let KD go considering they have nobody else right now andKobe has 2 more years and George just had a gruesome injury. I like Kyrie and harden but I don't think they could take over the number 2 and 3 spot in a couple of years when Kobe retires.

I definitely think Kyrie could get his own sig, especially if KD leaves. He's proven to be marketable with Pepsi and has an amazing guard skill set that kids love. The only thing he's missing is W's, which he'll get with Lebron. I think a lot of people were surprised by his ASG performance and now he'll be center-stage with Lebron. It's a recipe to carve out a Pippen-like sig niche when he was next to Jordan.

As Joulze said though, the rumor mill is running wild right now. I'll wait until it's set in stone before I form further opinions. Hope he stays with Nike, but that's just because I think he finally got a very solid sig and there's potential to get even better. VI's were nice. I personally grew to love it's unique silhouette. But they felt cheap AF. Now that he's getting premium Nike tech, I'd hate to see that potential cut short.

Another think I've been paying a lot of attention to is wording (I know others have also) but some reports state that KD's Nike contract expired last week while others say is 7 year Nike contract is expiring. Then I think of the process of how big endorsement teams or companies work. They don't usually wait until a kid or a college sports player is walking across the graduation stage to try to sign them to their team or company. They usually start the beginning of that school year, pitching offers, (sometimes sooner) so once that student graduates (pending they do 4 years) they already know or have an idea what team or company they will be going to. I wonder if that's what UA is doing. If so that should/could mean the KD 7's will see some type of full sneaker run. Just a thought though.

Another think I've been paying a lot of attention to is wording (I know others have also) but some reports state that KD's Nike contract expired last week while others say is 7 year Nike contract is expiring. Then I think of the process of how big endorsement teams or companies work. They don't usually wait until a kid or a college sports player is walking across the graduation stage to try to sign them to their team or company. They usually start the beginning of that school year, pitching offers, (sometimes sooner) so once that student graduates (pending they do 4 years) they already know or have an idea what team or company they will be going to. I wonder if that's what UA is doing. If so that should/could mean the KD 7's will see some type of full sneaker run. Just a thought though.

I think KD's contract is up, or even if it isn't up yet, it is expiring before the start of the season. These contracts are usually signed in the summer after the player is drafted. KD signed the 7-year $60 million contract sometime in July 07.

What I think happened is that Nike goofed in releasing the shoe so early in the offseason without securing another contract.

Sooooo got my GGs in yesterday from NDC and they look great and I'm glad I got them but the quality is atrocious.  There's excess glue on all over both pairs and they look like they just slathered the seams in glue... it's a mess.  My USAs were perfect and these are worse in quality than shoes from Ross.  Has anyone else had this build quality like this from the pairs they've received? 

That's because the only thing that says yeezy on the shoe is the box. The KD's have his name and symbol all over the place

True enough. But really? Who didn't know they were kanye sneakers? Um they didn't change the name? They changed nothing and profited ka pow yao! You take kd off the tongue and the logo off the strap you still have the same damn shoe. True indeed KD was a reason I looked at it but that's less than 5%. If you seen me post you would know the frame is all I care about. The silhouette is what caries the shoe not the name. See lebron 12s. Tons of people would still cop this shoe even if it's generic. Cws are dope and the 2 possible joints sound fresh af. #nuffsaid

^ yeah, but the RO release was just odd to begin with. They dropped randomly. Its like they had a bunch sitting around and decided to just take the yeezy off the box and sell them. Can't really compare a GR release to those, or any other release to be honest

^ yeah, but the RO release was just odd to begin with. They dropped randomly. Its like they had a bunch sitting around and decided to just take the yeezy off the box and sell them. Can't really compare a GR release to those, or any other release to be honest

Why the hell not. Whether or not he had a contract which is kinda bogus for a company to profit millions off you and you don't get a red cent or there's no paperwork to screw you over royally (pun intended) I know ye would love to get paid in attention and hype to fuel his nonsensical tirades but yeah its relevant because it's the same in a person is moving to another shoe company and that incident is the most recent that anybody would care about. Idgaf about curry and UA much less KD and UA. My only wishes is get cho money mane! :lol:

Last edited:

Sooooo got my GGs in yesterday from NDC and they look great and I'm glad I got them but the quality is atrocious.  There's excess glue on all over both pairs and they look like they just slathered the seams in glue... it's a mess.  My USAs were perfect and these are worse in quality than shoes from Ross.  Has anyone else had this build quality like this from the pairs they've received? 
Mine weren't in the best shape (Picked them up from a local FTL). I'll post some pics, but it wasn't atrocious. Pair had excess glue all over. Mainly it was sloppy craftsmanship. Overall I love the shoe though.

Last edited:

View media item 1119946
I got a very minor glue stain near where the air unit stars other then that the quality control guy was wearing his glasses for my pair real clean.

I think KD's contract is up, or even if it isn't up yet, it is expiring before the start of the season. These contracts are usually signed in the summer after the player is drafted. KD signed the 7-year $60 million contract sometime in July 07.

What I think happened is that Nike goofed in releasing the shoe so early in the offseason without securing another contract.

Nah nike didn't goof. Kd is their posterboy for usa basketball. They probably extended the contract during negotiations, they couldn't come to an agreement and ua swooped in. I wouldn't surprised if he's already signed but there's a non disclosure agreed by all parties. Kd competes his nike obligations in good terms and October 1, they announce he's with under armour.

Back
Top Bottom