**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I take the clothes with a grain of salt but you definitely hear it in his music. Hell, every skit on the first album you hear all his homies use the term "Blood" when refering to each other and on The Art of Peer Pressure he mentions seeing dudes in colors they didn't like and start interrogating. I don't think K. Dot was ever actually in a gang but he has close connections and those are the dudes he hang wit.

I take the clothes with a grain of salt but you definitely hear it in his music. Hell, every skit on the first album you hear all his homies use the term "Blood" when refering to each other and on The Art of Peer Pressure he mentions seeing dudes in colors they didn't like and start interrogating. I don't think K. Dot was ever actually in a gang but he has close connections and those are the dudes he hang wit.
He from Campanella Park Piru AKA The Nellas 

ComptonPrince, are you a blood?  jk 

But yeah, he hinted it many times but I don't actually think he's one.. Affliations, more likely. 

Man ain't no such thing as affiliated in Compton you either from a certain hood or you not...

Last edited:
That's not true bro. I know a few cats who are affiliated but was never put on. But that's only because they have fam deep in it.
As far as Kendrick, for those who don't know... in LA, Dot in your name normally means you from a blood set.
Ay compton prince.... what part of compton you from? I grew up on Rosecrans and cookacre.

That's not true bro. I know a few cats who are affiliated but was never put on. But that's only because they have fam deep in it.
As far as Kendrick, for those who don't know... in LA, Dot in your name normally means you from a blood set.
Ay compton prince.... what part of compton you from? I grew up on Rosecrans and cookacre.
Central and El Segundo 

that's dope, the hell is Meek talking about. K.Dot don't inspire with his lyrics.....that guy is so full of himself, he really thinks he is reaching Jay-z status too 

Kendrick doesn't inspire HIM. I don't see how anyone can take issue with that.

I'm not a Meek fan in the least either, but he just respectfully said that the ___s he named don't make music that speak to him.

Nah,I just think it's one of those things where he believes that he is on their level but don't receive the same praise.
Fair enough. But he hasn't done enough or shown to be in their tier. 

Man ain't no such thing as affiliated in Compton you either from a certain hood or you not...
I understand that in California's mentality. 

Let's say, I was born in a Piru block, that means I would be a Piru from the start even though I am a dorky kid that studies hard in school? 

I understand that in California's mentality. 

Let's say, I was born in a Piru block, that means I would be a Piru from the start even though I am a dorky kid that studies hard in school? 

No, that means you're either going to do whats neccasary to bang for the block or choose to stay in the house :lol:

^ I agree. I don't think Meek is on their level. But I don't fault him for having that belief in himself.

As far as Kendrick. I want to say he isn't just affiliated, but I'm not 100 on that. I'll ask though so we can end this debate. Haha!

No, that means you're either going to do whats neccasary to bang for the block or choose to stay in the house
laugh.gif
hahahah yeah.. Pretty much. 

Even on track #2 on TPAB he says "Chunk the hood up two times duece foe" he's talking about Westside Piru Duece and Four Line sets...

You guys can see Kendrick blood walking when he performs I on national TV as well as in the king kunta video

Even in alright he says bickin back

It's just what he grew up around so of course it'll be in him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom