**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

The song is :smokin

The last verse and especially the Trayvon line is some sucka **** though

Y'all really don't understand that line? He speaking on gang members being upset when a white person kills a black man, but then they turn around and kill a black man because of a flag. That's legit criticism.

Brah that line is basically the "What bout black-on-black crime" talking point. Why shouldn't he be called out?

Last edited:
would be cool to see if K.Dot expounds more on this song down the line and that last verse.

Im just confused how you attack a majority...attack a system destined to take down your people.. "**** all yall"

and then at the last second call out gang members for being hypocrites...the smallest percentage possible of people who were out here in a rage for the likes of Trayvon

that math doesnt add up to me

Kendrick grew up in gang culture. It's hard for me to believe he's just pointing the finger at 'em calling 'em hypocrites.

I mean obviously there are bigger factors at hand that put people in the position to join gangs all that, but when it comes to killing just cuz you from a different set, I can't back you on that. That **** is stupid. I don't take what Kendrick said as the whole blacks kill blacks argument white folk like to use. Dude grew up around it, so not only does he have the right to criticize it, I just can't see how he would have that same frame of thought as one of those white folk who like to use that argument.

I mean obviously there are bigger factors at hand that put people in the position to join gangs all that, but when it comes to killing just cuz you from a different set, I can't back you on that. That **** is stupid. I don't take what Kendrick said as the whole blacks kill blacks argument white folk like to use. Dude grew up around it, so not only does he have the right to criticize it, I just can't see how he would have that same frame of thought as one of those white folk who like to use that argument.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Great song! K Dot is just a great song maker period and I love that his hip-hop touches real issues. Such a breath of fresh air.

pimp.gif
sick.gif
 let that boy cook 
pimp.gif

album is going to be dope

This **** is coming from a dark place. Love it.

The parting shot was deep. He's not wrong though so i have no issue with that.

He literally went on Complex and said instead of protesting, the black community needs to respect themselves first. The frame of thought is exactly the same.

I can understand the Trayvon line, I just don't agree with it. It doesn't make you a hypocrite to criticize a hate crime just because you live in a dog eat dog world, essentially.

No, I'm not advocating gang violence. I'm saying when you're involved in that lifestyle it's kill or be killed. Yes, A LOT of gang killings are senseless, moronic and especially unnecessary, but that's just the life. It comes with the territory. But I can't compare that to some man picking a fight with a teenager and then killing him because he got more than he bargained for. That **** is just as cowardly as killing a man because he wears different colors than you or claims a different hood than you. So I can see why it may be just a tad bit hypocritical, but I still don't like that line of thinking.

The song is :smokin

The last verse and especially the Trayvon line is some sucka **** though
Brah that line is basically the "What bout black-on-black crime" talking point. Why shouldn't he be called out?

Because unlike the people that usually use the what about black on black crime line, he gives a clear deoiction that white supremacy is behind the breaking of the culture & the imprisonment/ negative views of black males.

Mt only problem with people who bring up blk/blk crime is that they tend to not acknowledge that racism and white supremacist ways lead to the blk on blk crime

He literally went on Complex and said instead of protesting, the black community needs to respect themselves first. The frame of thought is exactly the same.

Another thing where yes context of who's speaking this matters ALOT.

Growing up in the hood you know, that things ain't fare, you know that your targeted by the law, you know that your way of living is far inferior to your white counterparts etc etc. You also know that all of these things lead to a lack of self respect.

Kendrick Imo is just trying to hold people accountable for both sides, like yea we know we are in a white supremacist world, we know the odds are against of but until we have the means to fix things on a broader scale, let's atleast try and get our own on the same page.

The alternative is what? expect all those who are benefiting off supremacy and hatred to one day say, yea let's reconcile and make things even?

When someone like him says we need to respect ourselves i see it as him wanting blacks to become more united and have less conflict amongst are community. When a Bill O'reily says something like blacks need to respect themselves i see it as him trying to dictate how a culture he has no involvement and understanding of should move.

Some of us ain't ready for this album. But those who are, our bodies are ready

Take take take take take

"the biggest hypocrite of 2015" there you have it.
I'm glad this sparked a debate on NT though.

"Blacker the Berry" debate >> The tomfoolery going on in the Yeezy-Adidas thread :x

Kendrick already gave the magazine interview and said how he felt. The **** is wrong so there ain't no confusion with that lyric

Last edited:
Also "i'm the biggest Hypocrite of 2015" has to also be in reference to "I" in general? I is a record for everyone is lovable it's entrancing it was meant to bring people together. This on the other hand is made for black people, it's angry, it's divisive etc etc this record is the exact opposite of I in some ways.

Since everyones sharing their thoughts on the Trayvon line, so will I.

Yes its SOUNDS like the white pundits who say "Well what about the violence thats going on in Chicago, or this instance, gang violence in LA, its not. he is not dismissing it. He is point out the contradiction.

Most of all, black folks like charles barkley that do this, but in the wrong forum. You dont (as a prominent black man) share these views to the masses. It is not the time. Kendrick is sharing this with US, not THEM.

There's no way that Fox news can use Kendrick's words (legimately) to dismiss a cop murdering another black life the way charles and a few others have.

Since everyones sharing their thoughts on the Trayvon line, so will I.

Yes its SOUNDS like the white pundits who say "Well what about the violence thats going on in Chicago, or this instance, gang violence in LA, its not. he is not dismissing it. He is point out the contradiction.

Most of all, black folks like charles barkley that do this, but in the wrong forum. You dont (as a prominent black man) share these views to the masses. It is not the time. Kendrick is sharing this with US, not THEM.

There's no way that Fox news can use Kendrick's words (legimately) to dismiss a cop murdering another black life the way charles and a few others have.

Dude you are doing insane metal gymnastics to give Kendrick a pass for saying sumb dumb ****.

especially when Kendrick said this same respectability politic ******** in an interview.

"But when we don’t have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us?" - Your "King" Kendrick

:lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom