**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Thread is beyond out of hand now. Kendrick is not better than Nas. Smmfh
Statements like 'Kendrick is better than NaS' are one of the reason why i start to not like Kendrick.

Kendrick is great and all but ppl are so quick to undeservingly put him on a pedestal 

You've shown your age in your last few posts. Some of y'all should post your age after your crazy posts.

If Andre in your top 5 or even 3 somehow, you better be familiar with the Dungeon Family album, Killer's early work, Slimm Calhoun and everyone else on their label since he doesn't have much music out. Don't tell me Stacks is your favorite because it's the cool thing to do and don't know **** about him

How old do you think I am based off of that then?

And yes, I'm familiar with Dungeon familys album, I had all the Goodie Mob albums, I had Slimm Calhoun, Killer Mike, etc

Once again music is subjective, as far as Kendrick goes I'm going off off discography. As far as Dre I'll go off the first four Kast albums, some verses on the newer albums, and his features have always been amazing. Sixteen and Solo (Reprise) to say the least.

Last edited:
Statements like 'Kendrick is better than NaS' are one of the reason why i start to not like Kendrick.

Kendrick is great and all but ppl are so quick to undeservingly put him on a pedestal 

How you gone knock somebody's preference? It's not like they disrespected Nas by saying Lil Uzi Vert is better. If DAMN. was Kendrick's last project he already is in the conversion based on the quality of his work.

What does age have to do with preference?? Like it's some unwritten rule "new school" rappers can't be compared or put on the same list as those precious 90's rappers to some of y'all. Kendrick has made my top 10 and I been buying albums (every genre not just hip hop) with my lunch money since the mid 90's

What does age have to do with preference?? Like it's some unwritten rule "new school" rappers can't be compared or put on the same list as those precious 90's rappers to some of y'all. Kendrick has made my top 10 and I been buying albums (every genre not just hip hop) with my lunch money since the mid 90's
facts

Love 3000 to death but I have a hard time putting him in my top 5. Just not enough solo work.

Pac
Jay
Nas
Big
Cube
Scarface

Those are my untouchable rappers. Other than those, you can make the argument Kendrick is better than everybody else.

Andre and black thought always been the most overrated forum rappers, dudes get rated so high for no reason.

Wouldn't say for no reason, but Jesus, can they ever put out actual solo rap :lol:? They often look like the world's greatest And1 bball players. I wouldn't put either ahead of Big Boi and Royce, the latter of which may not even have a certified classic to his name

Wow this is embarrassing, specifically the no replay value part

How is this embarrassing?

Let's look at Nas discography

Illmatic - Classic
It was Written - Good Album for the time
I Am - Good Album for the time
Nastradamus - I'll let you guys decide that one
Stillmatic - Classic
Lost Tapes - Pretty great
Streets Disciple - Had some amazing tracks and some not so great tracks
Hip Hop is Dead - loved when it released, doesn't hold up over time for me.
Untitled - half was great, half not so much
Life is Good - A lot of people loved, critically acclaimed, it was a good album. Not great to me.

Music is subjective at the end of the day, my friend said it best, Nas hit him harder at the time he heard it and he got more out of the music then what he does today. He will always rank Nas first regardless. I respect that.

For me, Kendrick's music has just meant more and resonated with me more at the times in my life where I heard it. And the themes and cohesiveness of his albums are both unmatched.

Not embarrassing to compare to Kendrick, but embarrassing to say boring and no replay value. I just don't see how an artist with very content driven music could be looked at that way. Good/great content doesn't age, trends do.

Stillmatic>any kendrick album tho
Btw I believe Nas is the 2nd greatest emcee of all-time too.
Hahahahahahaha, I love Kendrick, huge fan but to say he's top 5 just crazy and stupid. Think about all the legends in no order.

Cube
BIG
Pac
Nas
Jay
Rakim
Face
Eminem
LL
Redman
Lupe
Kool G
Common
Kane

There's mad people you gotta consider, Kendrick ain't in that top 5. Probably not even in my top 10 and I LOVE the three album streak he's on but y'all gotta relax your limbs

GKMC was 2012, been five years. Wait until 202 at least. Ten years before his major debut.
Fixed. 
laugh.gif
 Lupe doesn't belong anywhere near a "top" list nor should he ever be called a Legend.
I swear people give way too much credit to the legends and let nostalgia affect their judgement. Don't get me wrong a lot of those dudes are so fire, but we give the OGs way too much credit. If you look at subjectively a lot of these OGs that people are talking about are inferior to someone like Kendrick in my opinion.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Hip Hop doesn't give enough respect to the Legends. You sound like a got damn fool with that ****! 
mean.gif

Just know if Rakim would have never come along, it's quite possible rap music would have died out. Now before you attempt to respond to me, do homework on how he single handily changed the way rap music became. He wrote Pain In Full at the age of 16 and no album in the history of Rap music comes close to the seismic change that one man made.

Last edited:
Since we're talking about legends and credit, Kendrick wouldn't know how to fit so many syllables in a bar if it wasn't for this man.

bc27d8a33a5f5d4001feaa5afb74d673.500x500x1.jpg

He doesn't get enough credit for being the father of the tongue twisting style and double time bars.

No G Rap, there wouldn't have been a Pun, Bone Thugs, Twista, Three 6 Mafia, Crucial Conflict, etc.

I stand corrected.

It goes back farther. Dope video.

Treacherous Three was before my time.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding why people are saying it's too early to label Kendrick as a great. Dude has put out 2 certified classic albums. On top of that, he has consistently made good music for a minimum of 7 years now. You can even argue and say all the way back to the Kendrick ep.

Putting BIG in your top 5 is the most overrated thing ever . With ONLY 2 albums .. I put kendrick over him . Come at me

Last edited:

Wow this is embarrassing, specifically the no replay value part
How is this embarrassing?

Let's look at Nas discography

Illmatic - Classic
It was Written - Good Album for the time
I Am - Good Album for the time
Nastradamus - I'll let you guys decide that one
Stillmatic - Classic
Lost Tapes - Pretty great
Streets Disciple - Had some amazing tracks and some not so great tracks
Hip Hop is Dead - loved when it released, doesn't hold up over time for me.
Untitled - half was great, half not so much
Life is Good - A lot of people loved, critically acclaimed, it was a good album. Not great to me.

my mans how you leave God Son off?

Section 80

GKMC

TPAB

Untitled 

Damn

this mans catalog is simply up there with the best, for reason im not ready to put him above certain greats.

but its for damn sure hes in the same room with them cats and hes holding his own and they listening to what he got to say.  

Back
Top Bottom