**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Definitely a love hate album :lol:

My boy just texted me the same thing, said either you think its brilliant or terrible. I've only listened to "I" and "Blacker the Berry" so I'll be going in to this album fresh. Excited to listen, just hope its closer to Blacker the Berry than it is to "I"

My boy just texted me the same thing, said either you think its brilliant or terrible. I've only listened to "I" and "Blacker the Berry" so I'll be going in to this album fresh. Excited to listen, just hope its closer to Blacker the Berry than it is to "I"

Last edited:
Really confused about how this release was supposed to go down. Or what's going on. Because if spotify has it then someone high up gave the OK.

Kendricks tweet alludes to it being planned but top dawg seems pissed. U less its just a show and kendrick is shrugging.

Regardless I can appreciate the funky grooves to this album. But people expecting a rap album will be disappointed. I like it, its different. Refreshing. And reminds me a lot more of O.D. than of section.80

**** is wild crazy to me how people can judge & rate an album off skimming tracks and/or incomplete first listen. Because I KNOW _'s ain't listened to the full dirty from front to back.
laugh.gif

First impressions are one thing...but I'm already seeing dudes on the internet trying to rank this vs. his previous work. Man, WHAT?!
laugh.gif
mean.gif
No chill whatsoever these days.

Only a 2 weeks heads up and it still leaks though. Should've just went all in and pulled a Beyonce.

I'll wait until the hard copy drops.

Last edited:
This was definitely not an accident or leak.

For it to be on iTunes & Spotify like this, someone in high ranks at Interscope gave this album the green light.

My guess is there was some kinda issue w/ communication between TDE & the label about the release.

For anyone who pre-ordered on Itunes has the album been made available to you? I still can't listen but have the option to buy all the tracks except TBTB. Not sure why the album hasn't automatically been downloaded yet for customers who pre-ordered.

Album started off slow for me but picked up like crazy after "These Walls". That stretch from "u" to "Hood Politics" was outstanding. It's early, but I know a good album when I hear one and this is one of those cases. Powerful album with powerful messages especially with all that has been going on in the world as of late.

I was really hoping for a Money Trees type of song on here but i'm perfectly okay with this album not having one. Some of the beats on here are so nice. Especially "Momma". Standout track for me after one run through. Also really like the new version of "i".

Will wait till' the 23rd for the physical release. I am staying out of this thread until the 23rd.

Oh and I think I know what happened. Kendrick and Top Dawg's communication musta' been non-existent. How is their relationship?

After first listen, I'm underwhelmed. Hopefully that'll go away with more listens. Album has a smooth/jazzy/chill vibe to it. Just not what I prefer to listen to, so that alone drops my overall score for the album. As far as content, I would say there isn't a bad song by any means, but nothing really stands out for me, aside from The Blacker The Berry. It's only first listen, so I forgot some things he said of course, and will definitely need more listens to fully judge the content. For now, I'd give it a 3/5

So jazzy
Gonna take a while to absorb what he's talking about though, need multiple listens

Back
Top Bottom