**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

These Walls my opion
First verse- having sex with the girlfriend of the dude who killed his homeboy
Second verse- about Kendrick being inside a cocoon not sure if he's referring to hip hop but that's what it sounds like to me.
3rd verse- the walls represent prison walls and he's speaking to the guy who killed his friend. He says "so when you play the song rewind the first verse about me abusing my powers so you can hurt." He explains the entire song in the last verse and follows it up with a part of the poem where he says "abusing my powers full of resentment"

Yea, there is definitely a metaphor of sex present. But I think it's way deeper than that. It's right before U also. Right before the breakdown.

There's a deeper meaning, but the song at its surface is about sex. Pink interiors, these Walls tell me to swim good, it's all right there obvious.

Last edited:
CHART ATTACK: THIS BUTTERFLY FLIES HIGH
Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Buttefly Tops the Charts; Seven Albums Debut in Top 15

TDE/Aftermath/Interscope’s Kendrick Lamar, who surprised everyone when he released his third full-length, To Pimp a Butterfly, a week early, tops both the HITS Building Album Sales Chart with 318k and the Sales Plus Streaming (SPS) Chart with 355k this week.

The strong SPS number can be attributed mainly to streaming in this case, considering the the album was streamed more than 9.6m times globally in its first day on Spotify (3/16), reportedly setting a new record for most worldwide streams in a single day by a new release.

For some odd reason I think he's going to have a huge drop off next week. Hope not though. I was looking at itunes top singles only song off the album on the list is "The Blacker the Berry" and that was way down at #128.

First verse is certainly about sex.

He even tells dude in the third verse he was smashing his BM's in the first verse

Ya, he's also talking directly to his friend Dave's killer from Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst.

Song is crazy.

Nah this album is gonna hang around the top 40 the same way Good Kid did.

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes multi in the next 18 months.

Last edited:
These walls needs to be on these radio stations this spring.

This. It's definitely a vibe sing for the spring/summer. Thinking "i" and maybe "Alright" will be the only ones that garner any radio play.

Probably never gonna happen but I hope they drop an instrumental album for this.

He did a surprise concert tonight... In which the mobile stage drove 3 miles... Performing GKMC and some TPAB... The fans ran behind the mobile stage :lol:
Was a promotion for Reebok... The early people got pumps

Was going to go but was too far and I work in the morning.

Edit:
Yo I can't stop lauguing man

Last edited:
These Walls isn't about sex or a woman AT ALL.

but in the first verse with the woman is singing about everyone has a right to plaaaaayyyy...

then kendrick is talking about the walls and how he goes through every nook and how its "pink"...very sexual...i mean the song sounds like a neo soul ballad :lol:

after listening 5 more times from my last post, its obvious now the woman he's having sex with is the killer of Kendricks friend from the first verse in Sing About Me...

If these walls is one of Kendricks Deepest songs to date...

Last edited:
Nah this album is gonna hang around the top 40 the same way Good Kid did.

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes multi in the next 18 months.
We all know whats good. 
nthat.gif

http://www.metacritic.com/music/to-pimp-a-butterfly/kendrick-lamar

He did a surprise concert tonight... In which the mobile stage drove 3 miles... Performing GKMC and some TPAB... The fans ran behind the mobile stage :lol:
Was a promotion for Reebok... The early people got pumps

Was going to go but was too far and I work in the morning.

Edit:
Yo I can't stop lauguing man

That's cool how he got to perform like that but you got me ****** up if I have to run with you to listen to the music :lol:

It was a partly a reebok promotion for their new Pump running shoe so I'm pretty sure a good chunk of those running behind the stage were people who actually run, you can tell by what some of them were wearing (They probably new about the event before hand). Of course, you have the ones that probably found out within an hour that their favorite artist was in the area on a moving stage and they said "f it" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom