**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

this heavily G Funk, Outkast, Organized Noise, Erykah Badu influenced

loving it so far

you CANT lose with Dr Dre and Ali on the boards the quality of these mixes is :smokin

Pharrell is the guy singing on Alright in the background :smokin

when Drake, Cole, Wale, Big Sean hear this and they dont get inspired to make more quality live instrumentation less club music then they will fall 2nd to kendrick eventually if not already

Upset it dropped considering that I love listening to an album for the first time while looking through the booklet but I gotta wait till the 23rd :smh: disappearing again.

wrapping up my second listen.. :smokin :smokin :smokin .. feeling this joint from start to finish.. Love the message, the loose theme or story the album tells, the outro :smh: . Flawless execution Kendrick..

Saw my instagram timeline lt up right before I went to bed, thought it was a leak, then woke up to the iTunes version! Damn it maaaan! Im going to be late for work :lol:

im really feeling this. I think someone mentioned before that this is like an OG Outkast / 90's Westcoast Rap / Parliament Funkadelic vibe. This album grabbed me early.

When I log into iTunes it shows the album as a pre-order. How are y'all downloading it? Am I looking for the wrong version, or does the pre-order turn into download now once purchased? I need this album BAD, lol

After first listen, I like it. It's different, there is a message. But I think I prefer the aggressive Kendrick over this one. Maybe it's the beats. 

Will continue to listen many more times. 

I dont buy off itunes...Whens it gonna be in the stores?

23rd its supposed to be in stores.

He said this will be a very black album. I love it, you can't appropriate this. So militant, lol.

It's a breath of fresh air. No trap beats or BS radio cuts. Happy to see him stay true to himself and make the album he wanted to. We got this kid making real hip hop while Drake is making a Future mixtape. Rap world is so ****** up.

Wanted to hear a cdq version of the song he did on Colbert. Overall love the production of the album. Another movie from kendrick :nthat:

Wait...

He did a surprise drop?

Going off of Top's tweets it seem like they got surprised as well :lol:

I could see it being a miscommunication thing where this was the original release date. It's different circumstances and obviously not as high profile but Best Buy dropped Dom K's **** a week or two early in stores, he had pushed it back and they somehow never got the new release date updated.

Mad I gotta wait til next week to get a physical, I don't cop off iTunes :rolleyes

Last edited:
**** so smooth. Smh! Snoop even had a nice verse. Haha
I'm glad he got my man Bilal on the hooks as well. Hopefully he takes him on tour with him.

Wait. Is the album "i" from an actual concert? Or did Kendrick took radio "i", redid it and responded to all the critics for releasing that song? :wow: :nerd:

After first listen, I like it. It's different, there is a message. But I think I prefer the aggressive Kendrick over this one. Maybe it's the beats. 

Will continue to listen many more times. 
Same feeling. TBTB was the most aggressive track on there.

Back
Top Bottom