**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Maybe it's more of a west coast thing, but I'm half way through and it's pretty underwhelming IMO. Was hoping I would really like it.

I've listened to the album twice so far, once with headphones at work, then again in my car ... and although I appreciate the message, lyrics, and melodies, personally the album is just not for me.

ufdup.png
3 for 3

This **** is got damn smooth.

Sonically this **** is beautiful :smh:

Talking about his major label albums, 3 for 3 if you wanna count section 80.

Agreed,the production and mastering on this joint makes for one of the better sounding rap albums I've heard in a while :pimp:. Conceptually, Kendrick is on another level right now too :smokin

My fav cuts off the album are probably Wesley's theory,Hood politics,Alright, Complexion and Mortal Man.

Last edited:
I've listened to the album twice so far, once with headphones at work, then again in my car ... and although I appreciate the message, lyrics, and melodies, personally the album is just not for me.
You must like Tyga if you don't like this album

I didn't think he could match gkmc. That boy Kendrick on his way to being the goat.

Coming from a Cole Stan :lol:

I feel most people came at the album looking for Hol Up, Money Trees, Dont Kill My Vibe, HOC, Westside Right On Time type Kendrick

this album is needed in the game at this time

feels like when Outkast dropped albums that sounded so different from the norm and people was like :smh: only to slowly become fans years down the road

I remember people hating BOB who loved ATLiens :lol: Now when they hear that Intro computer sound to BOB they go crazy

You must like Tyga if you don't like this album
Son that's my opinion, just b/c its not for me doesn't mean its wack, it just mean it's not for me.  NikeTalk Logic 
mean.gif

About to finish my second listen of the album, my 2 cents:

Favorite songs are Momma, Complexion, The Blacker the Berry, These Walls, & Alright. The interludes are my least favorite songs, and honestly I don't know what K.Dot is trying to do with them.

The album version of i is 100x better than the single version, never knew about negus. Plan on asking my Afro-American studies teacher about it.

There are very few ways he could've closed this album out the right way, and he absolutely delivers on Mortal Man. Some late-night riding out thru the countryside type stuff. As previously stated, the interview with Pac was beautiful. My interpretation of the ending is that while Pac was prophetic in some of his opinions during the interview, he doesn't have all the answers that this generation needs, and that we need more people to come out and speak on these matters that concern us. Pac was the only rebel in the rap game, we need more soldiers like him to help uplift our people thru our music.

You don't see many hip hop albums without many features at all nowadays,it made it feel even more personal imo. Make no mistake though,I feel that Rapsody killed her feature on this :smokin

Last edited:
I Just finished the album.Definitely not an album for everyone but a good album nonetheless. Here's my starting line up in order.

1.The Blacker The Berry
2.Alright
3.How Much a Dollar Cost
4.U

Honorable Mention.

Mortal Man (the poem and Pac interview was brilliance)

I can definitely understand why a lot of people might not like this album. That's not surprising at all because it's just a different vibe.

But vibe aside and just listening to this dude rap I feel like I'm listening to the most "skilled" rapper out right now. I love how this dude raps. Not a the same simple *** flow that a lot of these other dudes use.

Last edited:
Tried listening while driving last night, ya, still not doing it for me.

Tetsuo and Youth >>>> this album by a LONG shot.

"Mural" is better than anything on this album. *KanyeShrug*

But ehhh I'll let those who enjoy it enjoy it, I'll just patiently wait for "So Help Me God."

This album is what that pretentious **** Lupe has wanted and strived for, but didn't lack the creativity or depth to do

I just unlocked the album man. This is way deeper compared to the first album, like that was a short story, this one is a novel on wax.

This is fire :smokin

I don't see how yall can say there is no stand out tracks...im halfway in its a smooth vibe. Love the production

Had this on repeat all morning, gets better with every listen. I think people were expecting more raw K. Dot with trap beats, but the funk and jazz elements are throwing them off. I still think the lyrical content is definitely on par with GKMC just different element vibe around it. None of the heavyweights in hip hop have a sound like right now so it make take a minute to get used to. Dark Sky Paradise does have some of these elements. I feel like Blacker the Berry and Mortal Man could be on GKMC just as I believe Money Trees/The Recipe are similar to the mellowness on this album.

Love the direction he went and executed it. The Walls and Complexion are too dope. Such crazy riding music.

My man... :smokin

Back
Top Bottom