Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The Xi are nice but easy pass. I'm unloading my 8s as is anyway. I still just need Carpes for around $90 and I'm done with the Xi.

anyone see any Emperors in outlets in the socal area this weekend? Thinking of hitting the desert outlets in Cabazon this evening.

Those Milan XIs look like they are using the mesh from the X. The first incarnation of mesh that we've seen on the EM models seemed so thin and easily tearable, I wonder if they got complaints. Really not feeling the translucent soles on the TBs...

Really? The initial EM ripped easily? Are there any pictures? I just bought an EM iD with full length zoom to ball in but if durability is an issue like you said I'll just cancel.

Three different shoes on here have been called the Mambacurials. I don't know what to believe. 
I don't think these are real.  Look like they're from one of those China fake sites.  Swoosh ain't even on the toecap.   Even the 10 Mambacurials had the swoosh on the toecap like a soccer shoe.   

Last edited:
Video above looks like it's from a store. I'm pretty sure those are the Mambacurials.

Really? The initial EM ripped easily? Are there any pictures? I just bought an EM iD with full length zoom to ball in but if durability is an issue like you said I'll just cancel.
I've hooped in my XI pairs and had no rips, but it's a concern of mine especially on the sides by the swoosh. The mesh just does not feel that sturdy, but in other places they have hyperfuse reinforcement. I think they made the decision for breathability, but compared to the 9 and 10 it's just flimsy, almost like mesh you'd find on a basketball short. 

I hope they're not the Mambacurials. But at least they're better looking than the 8's.

anyone see any Emperors in outlets in the socal area this weekend? Thinking of hitting the desert outlets in Cabazon this evening.
I wish.  Went to the local Nike Outlets (Birch Run and Howell, MI).  Birch run is the bigger store but they had zero Kobe XI and a few Kobe X's on the hash wall.  Nothing in my size.  Howell had some Eulogy's on the wall marked at $109 (with 20% off!) but nothing even close to my size.  Huge bum out.

Last Emperors seem to be the hardest to find now that they've been 'discontinued'.  Those and an ID - before Nike stops making XI ID's - would make me pretty damn happy.

I wish.  Went to the local Nike Outlets (Birch Run and Howell, MI).  Birch run is the bigger store but they had zero Kobe XI and a few Kobe X's on the hash wall.  Nothing in my size.  Howell had some Eulogy's on the wall marked at $109 (with 20% off!) but nothing even close to my size.  Huge bum out.

Last Emperors seem to be the hardest to find now that they've been 'discontinued'.  Those and an ID - before Nike stops making XI ID's - would make me pretty damn happy.

Stumbled across a size 8 on hash. Asked if there were any in the back, they showed 4 pairs in size 10 but couldn't find them. They tried to pull the Nike assist but it was a no go.

Mambacurials not for me, but if nothing else, they've really held firm on using the popular colorways of old models across the EM 11s. Still haven't felt the need to pick up an EM yet beyond Mamba Days.

$109 after the 20% off or $109 before the 20% off? Jesus that's a steal regardless. 

image.gif

mambacurials aren't for me either. but for the sake of those that likes them and don't have the 8s hope they are legit and releases

Last edited:
I thought the XI EM had changed mesh to the kind used on the X, but it's actually better imo. Just got a pair of Kobe Dark Knights and the mesh is definitely different than my Lower Merrion's. More rigid, not as loose and giving and the holes are noticeably smaller and in a pentagon shape. I really want to see if the ID versions are using this newer mesh...

Back
Top Bottom