Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Not only are you dull
Don't get the sock thing either.  15 or 50.  No way I'm dropping $20 for socks.   Not wearing socks up to my knees either, or wearing sweats that fit like yoga pants.

Besides announcing you're cheap [emoji]128514[/emoji] You clearly have no intention taking any sort of fashion risks. But that's cool I just hope your not stuck in an era of overwhelmingly baggy clothes. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I wish there was some sort of spray we can use or something. 
mad.gif

There's stuff made called "Court Grip" by Mission Sport Products or something along that line.  Anyways it's used to help for traction on courts and you can pick it up at like DSG or Modell's I'm sure.

Not only are you dull
Besides announcing you're cheap [emoji]128514[/emoji] You clearly have no intention taking any sort of fashion risks. But that's cool I just hope your not stuck in an era of overwhelmingly baggy clothes. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Well I'm here to announce that i am cheap. I wait until the local department stores run a deal where i can buy a couple 6 packs of socks for buy one get one half off lol.

For me these socks take away from the kicks.

I will say I do own some elite socks but thats when im using my vip rewards.

Eastbay has Bruce Lee up for $120 size 9 and 10 only
Also.. Why are the Eric Avars not on ftl fta or eastbay anymore?

There's stuff made called "Court Grip" by Mission Sport Products or something along that line.  Anyways it's used to help for traction on courts and you can pick it up at like DSG or Modell's I'm sure.
Played with a bottle of these just to see how it would work. From my experience you need to play on a semi decent, not too dusty court in the first place. If not then putting this stuff on will definitely give you crazy grip, just only for the first 20 seconds and then it would just pick up all the dust and be worse than before. 

If the court isn't swept and thick layer of dust. Might as well not put it on.

Not only are you dull
So anybody on here that doesn't drop $20 on socks is cheap?

Yup...count me for team cheap.  As a matter of fact, I want to be team captain.  

And thanks for you concern and 'hopes' that I'm not 'stuck in a era.'   Why don't you share with us your 'fashion risks' so that all us fashionably challenged can aspire to be trend setters.  Maybe I can use my vested VIP points and pick up something new.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Most of the time when the Nike+ App gives an RSVP to a shoe, it's most likely to sit.
Not always.  I copped the Multi Flyknit Racers via Nike reservation.  I also copped the Flyknit Racer Oreos as well.   I've made out pretty good with the reservation system(s).  I missed a couple good reservations too not knowing they were in my message box/email.  It's so random though, like the draw.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity have any of you gone TTS with your Elites and .5 up with their EMs? Tried on the EMs for the second time (first time I tried them on I thought TTS was the way to go, but the socks I was wearing could have a played a huge difference between then and today). I'm kinda torn with the sizing and don't want a replay of buying too many 8s .5 too big, or getting a pair of Mamba Days TTS with Full Length Zoom and them being waaaay too tight. TIA

I used to be one of those kids who wore high socks with shorts.  Then I started noticing this:

No-shows or nothing with me, except with basketball shorts.  Then its a different ball game, and even then the unbranded socks at Finish Line and Champs are the most versatile and best options.  I don't really see how much support a pair of socks is going to give you, honestly.

I used to be one of those kids who wore high socks with shorts.  Then I started noticing this:

No-shows or nothing with me, except with basketball shorts.  Then its a different ball game, and even then the unbranded socks at Finish Line and Champs are the most versatile and best options.  I don't really see how much support a pair of socks is going to give you, honestly.
Prefer these lightweight low-QT socks with Kobes.  Been able to find the 3-packs on sale for as low as $12.  If you're a rewards member at FL or Finish,  can get em for free with the rewards points.

Back
Top Bottom