Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
If you guys are still looking for the Achilles pair under retail:

FTL has them for $200 - EMFL6YR2 20% - 5% ebates = about 165 out the door shipped.
Really good price if you are wanting a pair.  

Breakfast is served haha

I'll bite if other cw are this price. For now I'll wait for one that I deem must buy, might be awhile.

So annoyed that traction may be bad, keep looking for a decent performance review. How can nike mess traction up?

cause telling stories is more important. also traction is hardly an issue on NBA courts, those are maintained daily, therefore they can get away with it.

the 9's had the best traction out of all the kobe's despite not having the common herringbone pattern.

Last edited:

I'm still undecided about what size to get.  I had to size up in the Kobe X to a 10.5.  I don't want to cop and have them be the wrong size.
I'm in that conundrum, too. I have pretty average width feet and my TTS 9.5 feels good everywhere except my outer 2 toes are touching the the insole where it "inclines" if that makes any sense (shoes aren't tight/restrictive) ... Had a similar issue with the 9s, too. Oddly, I don't have wide feet.  Size 10 doesn't feel that much bigger though either.  I'm retty sensitive about going up a .5 since I made a huge mistake with the 8s buying copious amounts of those in a 10.5, because I thought 10s were too tight originally. Been so lazy, I still haven't found 10.5 for 10 trades 
laugh.gif

All that said, any of y'all go .5 size up? I'm still on the fence. Originally i was going to buy a 9.5 from NDC and take her for a trial, but ... 9.5s may or may not be gone. I'm still hoping it was a "fake sellout," but Nike hasn't put sizes back; however it looks like FTL and companies have FSRs. 

Does anyone know if FTL or Champs will do an exchange of the same shoe for a different size without a receipt? 
I've never had an issue doing size swaps for the exact same shoe; however, it's always been with runners. I'm sure that makes no difference though.

Last edited:

So annoyed that traction may be bad, keep looking for a decent performance review. How can nike mess traction up?
Keep in mind that they're using translucent outsoles, which are usually worse than solid. The only way to know for sure is if you got the Achilles and the BHM and see if the solid outsole makes a differences.

Keep in mind that they're using translucent outsoles, which are usually worse than solid. The only way to know for sure is if you got the Achilles and the BHM and see if the solid outsole makes a differences.
Word I said the same thing. That's why I've been waiting to give a full conclusion on the traction, but as of now it's just not doing it for me

I'm still undecided about what size to get.  I had to size up in the Kobe X to a 10.5.  I don't want to cop and have them be the wrong size.

I'm in that conundrum, too. I have pretty average width feet and my TTS 9.5 feels good everywhere except my outer 2 toes are touching the the insole where it "inclines" if that makes any sense (shoes aren't tight/restrictive) ... Had a similar issue with the 9s, too. Oddly, I don't have wide feet.  Size 10 doesn't feel that much bigger though either.  I'm retty sensitive about going up a .5 since I made a huge mistake with the 8s buying copious amounts of those in a 10.5, because I thought 10s were too tight originally. Been so lazy, I still haven't found 10.5 for 10 trades :lol:

All that said, any of y'all go .5 size up? I'm still on the fence. Originally i was going to buy a 9.5 from NDC and take her for a trial, but ... 9.5s may or may not be gone. I'm still hoping it was a "fake sellout," but Nike hasn't put sizes back; however it looks like FTL and companies have FSRs. 

Does anyone know if FTL or Champs will do an exchange of the same shoe for a different size without a receipt? 

I've never had an issue doing size swaps for the exact same shoe; however, it's always been with runners. I'm sure that makes no difference though.

Ok, so I just went to NIKE Town and tried on a couple pairs and I'm good with my TTS, which is 9.5.

I tried on a 10.5 since that's what I wore in the Kobe Xand they fit like boats. It was incredible how much room they had. Not to mention after they are broken in, they'll fit even bigger.

Then I tried on a size 10, since I wore them in the Kobe IX and they were also big. It had a lot of room in the toe box, so that's a no go after they're broken in.

Then I tried on a 9.5 and they fit perfect! I have wide feet and my pinky toes could breath, with elite socks on. I'm glad I was able to clear up the sizing issue with the BHMs dropping on Monday.

Hope this helps somebody.

lol the 11's are so simple compared to the other 3 shoes, heck it doesnt even look like a performance shoes, it looks more like a lifestyle shoes. 

fasho,,i dunno how these athletes can play basketball with these shoes,,,anyways ITS NOT about the shoes,,its your talent and you're KOBE :smokin :smokin

I got the wrong size in the BHM. :smh: I just tried the black/red pair at the mall. If anyone is in the L.A. area and is going to buy a size 10.5 locally in the BHM, please PM me. I wouldn't size down. These fit TTS. I have a normal foot, by the way.

Alright guys, I went down .5 from my usual 11.5 in kobes, and the size 11 works! And I have a wider foot at that...they are snug fitting straight out the box but I know these will break in nicely...man I'm in LOVE

Size 11 is my true tts for any shoe (Jordans, Nikes etc)...this is my first size 11 Kobe model

It seems like with the 9's Nike would've known how to do really good traction

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom