Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
When I was younger I used to think Kobe was better than mj but nah. As good as kobe was mj was just better. Highlight for highlight kobe might have a case but Jordan was just more accomplished. KB was capable of being as efficient as mj but he never had that kind of mentality. He was too much of a thrill seeker to give a damn about percentages

Phil said in his book he would take 1 Michael Jordan over 5 Kobe Bryant's, no MJ never had 81 (which is ridiculous any way you slice it, although 30 or so points was from the free throw line) MJ never played the Raptors at that time (bottom feeder team) in his prime.... Taking nothing away from Kobe but Jordan showed up the biggest in the biggest situations, he always got BETTER, where Kobe's % went down from his regular season average to playoffs, Mike's went up... Don't reply, look it up first for all the "kids" on this site
repped. i was just about the say the Raptors he scored 81 on was against a 27 win team. lol 

Mike scored 63 on Boston Celtics that went on to win the Championship and this was when MJ aren't that good with jumpshots. Kobe's good for his generation in his own right and anyone who watched him hate him or love him will respect him, but nothing compares up to Mike. The only thing that Kobe has over MJ is the ability to shoot 3s.

Last edited:

repped. i was just about the say the Raptors he scored 81 on was against a 27 win team. lol 

Mike scored 63 on Boston Celtics that went on to win the Championship and this was when MJ aren't that good with jumpshots. Kobe's good for his generation in his own right and anyone who watched him hate him or love him will respect him, but nothing compares up to Mike. The only thing that Kobe has over MJ is the ability to shoot 3s.
Kobe scored 62 in three quarters against the Mavericks, the same Mavericks that led Miami 2-0 in the finals. They lost but still, a championship caliber team. I'm not making the point for Kobe over Jordan but Kobe wasn't that far off.

Mike never had the 81 point game. Mike never made 3s like the mamba. Phil says kobe was the better offensive player, mike says it, kobe says it. But it is true that they played in different eras. Kobe scored more total points than mike.
roll.gif
 not even close...just FYI, Jordan played 13 full season plus 35 games. Kobe played 19 full season before he passed Jordan on the all time scoring list. in short Kobe played 165+ more games to reach the same points.

regular season 30+ points game

Jordan - 562

Bryant - 408

regular season 40+ points game

Jordan - 173

Bryant - 117

regular season 50+ points game

Jordan - 31

Bryant - 24

regular season 60+ points game

Jordan - 4

Bryant - 5

playoff 30+ points game

jordan - 109

bryant - 88

playoff 40+ points game

jordan - 38

bryant - 13

playoff 50+ points game

jordan - 8

bryant - 1

playoff 60+ points game

jordan - 1

bryant - 0

Last edited:

Kobe scored 62 in three quarters against the Mavericks, the same Mavericks that led Miami 2-0 in the finals. They lost but still, a championship caliber team. I'm not making the point for Kobe over Jordan but Kobe wasn't that far off.
playoff vs regular season.  
roll.gif

Last edited:
People are so upset to let anyone be better than mike at anything. for instance I can argue that kobe was part of the best team ever in the 01 lakers. And dudes would call me an idiot and say the 72-10 team was better. The same dudes who say that playoffs are more important than regular season [emoji]128564[/emoji]...

People keep bringing up "different era", well this is true. However the FACT is Jordan came up IN A WAY MORE difficult era to score/play in considering what is now considered a flagrant foul was a regular everyday foul and hand checking putting hands in offensive player's sides was allowed. Anyone of us who came up as kids or even adults know that is hard to play against. Just so we are CLEAR I am saying this as a person who's favorite player has been Kobe since very early 2000s out a current 7 with Wade being a close second since Wade (I told every one he wold get a ringredients before Lebron and Melo) came inot the NBA. In other news the 11s look nice but it's all about the Kobe 12, think Kobe meets Air Mags. ;-)

So look zoom in the heel is all but confirmed... ugh. But does anyone know what the setup for the forefront is? I really enjoyed the kobe 8s and 9s, hated the 10s since it didn't feel like anything. I hope since there isn't a cage anymore the zoom and possibly lunar feels better. But from the new (fake?) pics it looks like maybe a small zoom met bag on the big toe?

Mike never had the 81 point game. Mike never made 3s like the mamba. Phil says kobe was the better offensive player, mike says it, kobe says it. But it is true that they played in different eras. Kobe scored more total points than mike.

:rofl:  not even close...just FYI, Jordan played 13 full season plus 35 games. Kobe played 19 full season before he passed Jordan on the all time scoring list. in short Kobe played 165+ more games to reach the same points.

and kobe surpassed MJ's scoring record with less FG's made. numbers are numbers. they can be influenced in such a way to favour either side. can we just enjoy the two great players? :smh:

one thing that i always say is MJ had the college experience and was able to shine right away when he was drafted. it took kobe a few years to adjust to NBA style of play. he was absolutely trash in his first few seasons.

and kobe surpassed MJ's scoring record with less FG's made. numbers are numbers. they can be influenced in such a way to favour either side. can we just enjoy the two great players? :smh:

one thing that i always say is MJ had the college experience and was able to shine right away when he was drafted. it took kobe a few years to adjust to NBA style of play. he was absolutely trash in his first few seasons.
Repped

guys i have in the thread in the sports training forum for kobe appreciating.

can the stars go there please. we are here to discuss sneakers.

LMAO at Kobe being better than MJ though 

Last comment on this and then back to the sneakers, Kobe Bryant was/is great for the league, in a semi-short version a brash and cocky teenager with loads of God given talent to a seasoned vet that still carries the "old ways" all the way down to wearing a suit post-game (thing of the past) that now for Kobe to where he evolved as a person/player ended up being pure class... One of the alltime greats, one of the greatest high volume scorers, a lock for the HOF

With all that said he was/is a Michael Jordan clone, everything from how he shoots the fadeaway jumper all the way down to the tongue hanging out, he has always conveyed "Mike" as best he possibly could with his language of basketball play to his personal mannerisms Kobe defined "be like Mike" as best and better than any future player will and I love that about Bryant now, use to loathe Kobe pretty much his entire early career and the Lakers but his longevity/maturity to where he ended up as a player/person gets nothing but respect from myself

I personally don't think you can compare the two eras of basketball. They're different.

Therefore I don't compare Michael and Kobe.
Those Two "Eras" were not too far apart... and for Kobe, kind of intertwined.

But I guess you can say that the NBA went through a NUMBER of Rules Changes to Increase Scoring in the NBA, after MJ retired, so...

In many ways, you can say Kobe had a leg up on MJ by being able to play in the NBA and get actual PROFESSIONAL Experience 3-4 years ahead of Michael. Several NBA Players have made that argument. Bottom line though, what MJ did has never been duplicated... and I don't know if there's anyone in the league NOW who could come close. Somebody will, eventually... just not anytime soon.

But, I've always said, growing up EVERYBODY from my generation (Late 70's-Mid 80's) wanted to be Like Mike... it's just that Kobe was the Only One of Us who actually came close.
nthat.gif

These XI's are Unbelievably Turrible.
mean.gif

Still rooting for a Late "these are just Takedowns, don't worry" post w/ Photos of the Authentics...

Those look like some terrible fakes tho. They'll look similar, but should look a lot better. These fake factories gets a wind of what the shoe might look like and they just ran with it.

XI''s going out just like kobe's last year :x

I've said it before but the heel design really needs to go. If they got rid of the 4 stitches and just used the shozoku on both shoes, it wouldn't be that bad.

Back
Top Bottom