Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The concept around the "elite" model, is that it is a version specially made for the playoffs. Lakers aren't going to be in the playoffs in any case this year, so...

BTW I really think that nike originally was going to release a regular em/ flyweave kobe XI and a flyknit kobe XI, that's why the chinese knockoff manufacturers made both versions.

Nike probably changed up their plans with kobe announcing his retirement. A shame, because I really preferred the sleeker shape of the non-flyknit version...

Directly from nike

The elite model signifies the peak of an athletes determination and will. Driven by his inner desire for the ultimate victory he must face new obstacles and opponents. The elite model is the tool for the next level of greatness. Specifically engineered with affordable details for nike, but sold at an extremely high price to our loyal customers? Are you elite?

I think they're gonna be a nice summertime shoe

I live in FL so every shoe is a summertime shoe lol. The appeal to me is an everyday performance shoe in which I can run around the gym with my kids, walk the dog, go to Home Depot and go jogging without having to change shoes.

I don't get why people find it funny that it looks like a soccer shoe. Soccer shoes are real easy to wear casually so why would that be a bad thing? 90 percent of you don't play basketball anyway, these should be right up your alley. And it seems like those who do play understand what this shoe might be about on court. Like someone said a few posts ago, it looks like a classic low key sneaker like a samba, stan smith or AF1. Id rather them go in this direction with the Kobe than whatever the hell direction the Lebron is going in. I'm starting to wonder if thats what you guys were expecting. All of a sudden Eric Avar and Kobe just up and decide to toss plastic radiation signs all over the upper with some gaudy midsole that looks like waves and some sh** across the tongue for no real reason with crooked laces to top it off. Or how about some god**** crocodile teeth at the front? 

I'll take these all day, thanks Nike. I know how hard it is for you to not make a transformer with laces for a basketball shoe. 
speaks the truth smh the new 13 brons are so ugly and looks like a mini high heel in the back smh

Kyrie will probably get his first elite model this year then.
and ext

BTW I really think that nike originally was going to release a regular em/ flyweave kobe XI and a flyknit kobe XI, that's why the chinese knockoff manufacturers made both versions.

Nike probably changed up their plans with kobe announcing his retirement. A shame, because I really preferred the sleeker shape of the non-flyknit version...
the IX and X have elites and the Lakers didn't make the playoffs
nerd.gif

The insert doesn't look like it'll be thick. Probably between thickness of the 8 and 9.
death to this in/midsole set up
sick.gif
mean.gif

I don't get why people find it funny that it looks like a soccer shoe. Soccer shoes are real easy to wear casually so why would that be a bad thing? 90 percent of you don't play basketball anyway, these should be right up your alley. And it seems like those who do play understand what this shoe might be about on court. Like someone said a few posts ago, it looks like a classic low key sneaker like a samba, stan smith or AF1. Id rather them go in this direction with the Kobe than whatever the hell direction the Lebron is going in. I'm starting to wonder if thats what you guys were expecting. All of a sudden Eric Avar and Kobe just up and decide to toss plastic radiation signs all over the upper with some gaudy midsole that looks like waves and some sh** across the tongue for no real reason with crooked laces to top it off. Or how about some god**** crocodile teeth at the front? 

I'll take these all day, thanks Nike. I know how hard it is for you to not make a transformer with laces for a basketball shoe. 
I think people are also forgetting that Kobe 8s were based off soccer shoes too. Hell the Mambacurial 8s were almost identical to the mercurials and people went crazy on them.

I love the simple design. I look at most shoes to wear casually and these definitely have that appeal.

These 11s should've been the Xs...the X design should've never been thought of
you bugging, X>4-9 and it's not even close, traditional midsole FTW
pimp.gif

I think people are also forgetting that Kobe 8s were based off soccer shoes too. Hell the Mambacurial 8s were almost identical to the mercurials and people went crazy on them.

I love the simple design. I look at most shoes to wear casually and these definitely have that appeal.
casually i'm in for the exts for this model as long as it's more inventive like the IXs instead of just diff colors like the X and i'll be in, i've got the insole to fix my biggest complaint about this shoe so no worries for me, but if it's not a diff look to each and every ext i'll be passing like i am on the KD8 exts

Last edited:
We were the guinea pigs for two years. If they did the Flyknit right on the IX, the XI wouldn't look like this. Adidas did Primeknit on a basketball shoe right on its first try.
i think that lack of midsole is what makes em seem a bit weird...

This thread has jumped since the official release, havent had a chance to follow it but will go back and watch the videos when I get a chance (before un-subbing)

But the "Innovation Remastered" gimmick sounds to me more like "Old $hhh rehashed" :smh:

Back
Top Bottom