Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Leather is not the same thing as rubber, to be fair outsoles do break in but with everyone having this constant of problem I think writing them off is a fair assessment
The shoe just released and writing them off is a fair assessment 
laugh.gif

Most people on this site dont know s88t and base information from hearsay 

I know just anybody can say this kind of stuff, but i'm kind of curious to see what this is 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Didn't like the shoe at all when I first saw the XI, I went last night to HOH and saw the red pair was stunned at how much I loved the color and the shoe. God thats a gorgeous deep red... the flyknit is fantastic. Anyways tried on they felt fantastic ( Much better than X ), and I got my boy to hook be up with his swoosh discount. Loving the Bruce Lee too..... They got me FAM. 

I played last night and haven't had issues with traction. The court real dusty also. I don't know maybe I got the lucky pair.

You're writing off a shoe after 2hrs?

Wow we have been spoiled. Remember when it used to take a week to break in shoes with all leather? Your feet would hurt but you really liked them so you would deal with it until they felt awesome.

I suggest wearing your shoes some more and breaking in the soles like it was necessary on the X.

Leather is not the same thing as rubber, to be fair outsoles do break in but with everyone having this constant of problem I think writing them off is a fair assessment

The shoes have been out for 1 week.. Not fair at all. If you were around for the X release people were saying the same Thing because of how amazing the 9 was.

It took me a few games to break in the X and the traction is great on all surfaces despite everyone saying the traction would suck.

I could be wrong in all of this but I don't think it's a fair assessment 1 week after release.

Mannn I been wearing the bhm nonstop since yesterday, wore em to a friends bday party and I got the "what are thoseee" but in a good way lol...i'm trying to break em in as much as possible, still pretty snug but not uncomfortably snug, if that makes sense

View media item 1872706

BHMs have been an easy pass for me 'til this pic. Am I really about to make the turn just based on how good they look next to that rug? lol

Do it. Just do it.

It seems counterintuitive to me that traction will improve over time. The stickiness and grip just wear down the more you play in them. I think people just get use to playing in them, so in their mind traction improves.

BINGO.

It seems counterintuitive to me that traction will improve over time. The stickiness and grip just wear down the more you play in them. I think people just get use to playing in them, so in their mind traction improves.
It could just be a matter of roughing them up a bit by playing outside. Nightwing2303 said the traction was bad on the JC 3 in his first weartest sample. Apparently, Brandblack added some texture to the GR outsole that improved the traction. Maybe playing outside in them would help? 

It could just be a matter of roughing them up a bit by playing outside. Nightwing2303 said the traction was bad on the JC 3 in his first weartest sample. Apparently, Brandblack added some texture to the GR outsole that improved the traction. Maybe playing outside in them would help? 
That and the materials could become more pliable to a benefit.

Some outsoles have a slick finish. You have to wear it down to get optimal traction. My kobe 6s didn't squeak until they wore down

The traction issues involving the XI's proves Nike (intentionally by design) will never give you everything you want in a single shoe.

Back
Top Bottom