Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Or get either Mentality 1 or 2 and have the same feeling from the 8s.

I thought so too!! I wvwb read the reviews before buying, but even those did not satisfy me. The upper on the mentalities were cheap to me and affected the overall feel and fit of the shoe.

The only thing similar was the weight. Guess I‘m just very particular and picky. Expect nothing but the best for my money.

Last edited:

How many BHM sizes will pop back up after the end of the clearance code?!! Any bets?
@jyasmith

shows up after code expires..........
mean.gif

I thought so too!! I wvwb read the reviews before buying, but even those did not satisfy me. The upper on the mentalities were cheap to me and affected the overall feel and fit of the shoe.

The only thing similar was the weight. Guess I‘m just very particular and picky. Expect nothing but the best for my money.

The 1's upper was pinching on my toes til it broke in after a couple of runs with it. Before it generally became near identical to 8s. The 2s, on the other hand, was near identical to the 8 from the start due to the thinner fuse layer (false flyweave upper really). Still nothing compares perfectly to the 8s though. I still cycle between the 8s and 9s for indoor and Mentalities for outdoor.

Last edited:
While, I can‘t speak for others, I have ventured into the Kobe line ever since the 1s and have always been a fan of the low cuts, specically the 4,5,6,& 8s. They were light, strong, flexible, and very responsive to me,

I eventually bought the Xs as my older models have all worn out, and found the Xs to be rather disappointing. The Xs lacked responsiveness by a large margin and felt heavier on feet. It was stable, but the sole was just too rigid.

Copped the BL XIs and was a lot more impressed by the insole and flyknit upper as it made the shoe more flexible when compared to the Xs.

In any event, I would say that the XIs are better than the Xs, but if you are hoping for something like the older low cuts, you won‘t get it.

The main thing is to try for yourself as I did. Those vids online are mostly videos to pump up the products.

Personnally, I have had no issues with the traction. This is the main sticking point for many people. I have played in the AH, Eulogies and the BLs. BLs have played the "best" but I think that may just be my perception.

Obviously comparisons will be made with the 9s (and rightly so) but the traction is fine overall in on-court wearing. Obviously court conditions play a major role and I have yet to play on a terrible court.

I just ordered a pair of the BHMs and I am interested in seeing if the solid outsole makes any difference.

The materials on the 11 are "Elite" in my opinion and after playin in all Kobes save the 3, they have improved year on year as has the implementation of Flyknit on basketball shoes.

I say go with the 11s, especially with most versions being discounted.

That puts in to perspective how tall Fitz is

I couldn't imagine being a 5'10 DB

Last edited:
I'd ask for a autograph if I ever ran into him! As small as LA can seem to be sometimes I've never ran into Kobe or any other star player for that matter. I've seen Ron Artest a couple of times and apparently I just missed Magic Johnson but thats about it.

I wish they would have included the achilles in the clearance pricing.. surprised that BHM was first to be discounted :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom