Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

mjshoefanatic

Banned
WHERE'S THE NATION AT? LET'S GO CLIPPERS!!!
glasses.gif

[table][tr][td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td][/tr][tr][td]POS[/td][td]STARTER[/td][td]2nd[/td][td]3rd[/td][td]4th[/td][td]5th[/td][/tr][tr][td]Point Guard[/td][td]Baron Davis[/td][td]Steve Blake[/td][td]Bobby Brown[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Shooting Guard[/td][td]Eric Gordon[/td][td]Mardy Collins[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Small Forward[/td][td]Rasual Butlerhttp://niketalk.yuku.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3237[/td][td]Travis Outlawhttp://niketalk.yuku.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=193[/td][td]Steve Novak[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Power Forward[/td][td]Drew Gooden[/td][td]Craig Smith[/td][td]Blake Griffin(IR)[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Center[/td][td]Chris Kaman[/td][td]DeAndre Jordanhttp://niketalk.yuku.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=125[/td][td]Brian Skinner[/td][/tr][/table]

Blake Griffin Leaps Scorers Tables in a Single Bound

nba_g_griffin3_300.jpg

LOS ANGELES -- While the Lakers were commemorating their history Friday night by hosting the Warriors at the hallowed Forum, the Clippers were christeningtheir future across town.

Blake Griffin took the floor at Staples Center in his first official game as a member of the Clippers. When Griffin entered the game at the 1:45 mark of thefirst quarter, the Clippers home crowd -- beleaguered after suffering through a 19-63 season in 2008-09 -- rose to its feet with a rousing ovation.

Their prized rookie was keyed up, partly from sitting on the sidelines during training camp most of the past 10 days with a bruised left patella, and partlyfrom having to watch the first ten minutes of action from the bench ... so to speak.

"I didn't even get a seat," Griffin said. "I had to sit on the floor."

Seniority rules on the Clippers bench -- even for the No. 1 draft pick.

Once he checked in, Griffin attempted six field goal attempts, all of them in the second quarter. The rookie was on the receiving end of three ferocious fastbreak dunks. He finished with eight points in 21 minutes.

Griffin's most exciting sequence of the game occurred when he deflected a Portland entry pass, tumbled over the scorers table to tip it back into play,leaped back over the table to steal the pass, ignited the break, only to lose the ball on a behind-the-back dribble.

"I was trying to hustle," Griffin said with a sheepish smile. "I went into the stands, came back, the ball came right to me, then I messed itall up with a turnover."

It was the sort of play that signaled to the crowd that it was watching a very special rookie ... but a rookie just the same.

"Probably a little too ambitious," Griffin confessed, before stipulating, like a 10-year veteran, "but he actually fouled me."

Griffin's outside game Friday night was less refined. He missed a couple of long attempts -- one a face-up jumper more than 20 feet from the hoop, theother off a pick-and-pop when he was left open from 17 feet.

Despite initial scouting reports this spring that insisted Griffin was a non-threat from beyond 12 feet, the rookie out of Oklahoma has shown an ability todrain long jumpers, both at Las Vegas Summer League and in full-contact workouts at the Clippers training facility.

"[The shot attempts] actually felt good," Griffin said. "The form, everything was good. That's a shot I've hit."

Griffin's range isn't the only part of his game that's evolving. Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy continued to experiment with his rookie at bothforward positions.

"The fact that I can play him at two positions ... because of his I.Q. and his work ethic and wanting to learn, is big," said Dunleavy. "Italways comes down to defending the 3, and I thought he did a very good job at that."

Adapting to the more dynamic NBA game will continue to be a learning experience for Griffin. In a well-spaced Portland halfcourt set in the third quarter,Blazers forward Travis Outlaw breezed by Griffin out on the perimeter for a clear path to the basket.

"It's different," Griffin said of playing the small forward position. "But if you do your work early, it makes it a little easier onyou."

Griffin more than repaid the favor by helping to pace the Clippers fast break against a Portland team that prefers to play at a slower pace. The Clippersamassed 28 points in transition to the Blazers' six -- and the athletic Griffin had a lot to do with that.

The rookie also made two stellar interior passes when he was double-teamed in the post, both resulting in assists.

Griffin's motor runs fast. Both his encounter with the scorers table and a spill he took underneath the basket in the fourth quarter had the Clippers brassholding their collective breath. Gasping for air is something Clipper Nation is just going to have to live with.

"That's the only way I know how to play," Griffin said. "That's my m.o. That's what I'm going to do."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...n-Leaps-Scorers-Tables-in-a-Single-Bound.html

The beginning of an era folks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Checking in....

Sig Check
pimp.gif

Should be an interseting season. I'm gonna say 36+ wins.
I like where the franchise is going with Al, EG, Blake in the last 3 drafts...

Originally Posted by patent leather

EG breakout season
pimp.gif

Yessir. The time is right.

I like the fact that our core has been playing together for a while. Al, Eric, Baron, Kaman have that chemistry. No excuses this year.

No one's gonna avg 20 pts in this team.... but more likely balanced scoring. Blake, EG, Baron and maybe Thornton probably gonna score around 17-18 ppg.Should be fun to watch

the clippers have a pretty easy schedule the first month of the season. a fast start would do alot mentally for a young team like them.

the clippers need to pull a lakers and play a game at the sports arena for old times sake. i would go to that lol because i used to like going to games at thesports arena.

I'm so excited! I can't wait for the season to start, good things will come, you can just feel it =)

Hey So-Cal heads, I tried to watch the last Clippers preseason game but I couldn't find it on Foxsports net or KTLA. Do you guys know if they'll showtheir game tonight on either of those? And will KTLA be showing Clipper games consistently throughout the season? I hate it how they would some times show itlike an hour delayed, after the game had started last season.

One of my boys is a Clips fan, he has high hopes this year, I'm actually looking forward to see what they can do.

Originally Posted by petozham

Hey So-Cal heads, I tried to watch the last Clippers preseason game but I couldn't find it on Foxsports net or KTLA. Do you guys know if they'll show their game tonight on either of those? And will KTLA be showing Clipper games consistently throughout the season? I hate it how they would some times show it like an hour delayed, after the game had started last season.

Yah the Clips finally signed an exclusive agreement with Prime Ticket
http://www.nba.com/clippe.../breakingnews090827.html

Clippers and Prime Ticket Announce Exclusive Multi-Year Agreement

Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 3:00 pm (PT)

Further extending their successful longstanding partnership, the Los Angeles Clippers and PRIME TICKET today announced an exclusive multi-year telecast rights agreement, to begin with the upcoming 2009-10 National Basketball Association season.
In it's 14th season overall as telecast partner - and the first season as the sole television home for the Clippers - PRIME TICKET will provide a minimum of 70 game telecasts all in High Definition (HD). This marks the first complete HD Clippers season for the regional sports network.

"PRIME TICKET is a terrific business partner for the Clippers and we are thrilled to expand our partnership with them," said Clippers' President Andy Roeser. "With a minimum of 70 games on PRIME TICKET, our fans will always know where to find the Clippers."

"As we embark on our 14th season, PRIME TICKET is proud to continue our partnership with the Clippers organization," said Steve Simpson, senior vice president and general manager of FOX Sports West and PRIME TICKET. "We are excited to further extend our commitment to production excellence and showcasing a new era of Clippers basketball."

Ralph Lawler
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the "Voice of the Clippers," is in his 31st year as the Clippers play-by-play announcer alongside former Clipper Michael Smith, who is in his eighth season providing color analysis. Sideline reporter Dain Blanton begins his first complete season of Clippers basketball and will deliver up-to-the-minute interviews and reports during every game telecast.

PRIME TICKET is the exclusive home of "Clippers Live", the 30-minute original Clippers show that provides fans with unmatched access to the team. Hosted by PRIME TICKET reporter Michael Eaves, with analysis from former NBA player Don MacLean, "Clippers Live" keeps fans informed and entertained with player interviews, expert analysis and feature stories.

Back
Top Bottom