Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

On a side note, Blake Griffin is 100% healthy and working out with no restrictions.
pimp.gif

nice 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

there is no way lebron would come play in Kobe's backyard/house

I know its wishful thinking but my friend said Lebron would want to be so big that he would  take over and be bigger then Kobe. I mean if Lebron came how many of the Laker would  defect.

Who do you guys think we should pursue for our head coaching vacancy?

Mark Jackson? Thibodeau? Casey? Larry Brown? Promote Lucas? etc...

I've read somewhere that we probably won't hire a coach until after free-agency begins.  By that time, I think Thibodeau and Casey will be gone by then.  Money wise, I think Mark Jackson seems to make the most sense, although he's inexperienced.  I don't see Sterling shelling out major cash for a coach again. 

Interested in seeing how everything plays out in the end. 

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Who do you guys think we should pursue for our head coaching vacancy?

Mark Jackson? Thibodeau? Casey? Larry Brown? Promote Lucas? etc...

I've read somewhere that we probably won't hire a coach until after free-agency begins.  By that time, I think Thibodeau and Casey will be gone by then.  Money wise, I think Mark Jackson seems to make the most sense, although he's inexperienced.  I don't see Sterling shelling out major cash for a coach again. 

Interested in seeing how everything plays out in the end. 

take mark jackson so we won't have to hear his corny announcing anymore

Del Negro agrees to coach Clippers

With Griffin 100% and all that cap money we should have a playoff team.

who they gonna pick up with that money?
lebron isnt coming. bosh isnt coming. wade isnt coming.
please dont overpay for lee or boozer. what other free agents are out there?
bring in AI
laugh.gif

Not sure how I feel about the VDN hire
ohwell.gif

I would've preferred Casey.  We'll see how this turns out. 

It's crazy how it's the second time Casey was beaten by VDN for a head coaching position.

Anyways, as far as our cap-space, I have no idea what we're planning to do with that.  Mike Miller is high on our list, but he wants to play with LeBron.  So, who knows? 

Hey we have a good starting five throw in some role players and some vets we should be alright. It seems we wont land any big names but there is next year if we play good.

I'm just glad we haven't overpaid.....YET.

Maybe Lebron will shock the world and sign with us
laugh.gif

Apparently, we signed Ryan Gomes and Randy Foye today.  Nice Pickups.

At first I was skeptical of the VDN hire, but the more I think about it, I think he'll do a good job.  Casey is more of an X's and O's coach, while VDN is more of a motivator.  Casey probably reminded Olshey too much of Dunleavy with their coaching similarities.

So I guess our roster looks like this for now:

BD/Bledsoe/Warren
Gordon/Foye
Gomes/Aminu
Griffin/Sofo
Kaman/Jordan

That is a pretty decent roster so far.  I'm hoping we can bring Rhino back.  But I still think we need more depth at the 2 & 3 position.  If healthy (Big if) I think we can squeak by and make it into the 8th seed, especially now since the power is slowly shifting to the east.

It's actually against the Trailblazers but I'm not sure if it's televised.

Just excited that pre-season is here.
pimp.gif

^^^I'm excited too. I guess this means its time to start the official season thread. I can't believe its here.

Back
Top Bottom