OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Kobe giving a shout out to csulb, whats good
pimp.gif

LAKER GANG all day everyday!!!

only ron ron would do this
laugh.gif

4j8cit.jpg

ot282s.jpg

From one hall of famer to a future a hall of famer!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

24435v7.jpg

2co4njm.jpg

2imanh0.jpg

yea congrats kobe is officially the goat now he can't be compared to anyone he is above everyone who ever play the game ok we get it now lock these thread up about basketball the world cup is going on.

Thank you Ron.  Great game last night. 

Pau, you showed out last night

D Fish, always brother.  You always there with the clutch moments

Sasha, you ain't even hit the rim on those free throws. 

Phil, you put Sasha in for those shots, and he made you look good. 

Odom, you balled out last night.  Your numbers don't show it, but I saw it, and I will forever mention it.  Thank you.

Kobe........you just missed another shot. 

We did it ya'll.  Title 16 baby. 
pimp.gif

I'm a die hard Celtics fan, but I will still give Lakers they're congrats. This was an incredible finals and by far one of, if not, the greatest game 7's I have ever witnessed. Congrats Lakers, y'all almost have more Titles than the Celtics now =P

mini nt summit at the parade monday? anyone down, if so lets set this up.

man ill probably change my mind either tonight or tomorrow night but as of right now, i have no desire to consume any alcohol until 4th of july weekend. i'm still hungover but watching the game with a bunch of friends and gettin straight nutty in the 4th quarter was priceless.

I couldnt sleep last night after we won.... i was just up, replaying the game in my head, the emotions i was going through when we were down going into halftime, then when we got down double digits in the 3rd, hearing all the Boston fans taunting me at the bar, then i kept saying watch eventually Kobe is going to take over.... that never happened... miss shot after miss shot and i was sinking into depression and called for more shots.
Then it started happening.... i saw the comeback, Fisher hit a 3, Artest 3 and made and 1, Kobe FINALLY hit a shot, Gasol big rebounds and shots, it was becoming magical... and i was losing my mind.

At the end i probably jumped up at the same time the clock reach .01 seconds, and started celebrating, rubbing it in ALL the Boston fans.
Noone wanted to answer they phone, every one talkin trash on my facebook dissapeared, it was such a great feeling that i had to yell in the parking lot.

im so proud of this team, and what they did, to take the final game, and do it the way we did it, it was just amazing!!!!!!

LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Day, Every Day!

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I'm still drunk!

I love you all!!!

LAKERS!!!!

Same here.  Partied till 6 in the morning.
Man, I just woke up not too long ago and I'm hating it. Me and good ol' Johnnie Walker plus whatever that cheap Cook's Brut that I popped and ended up pouring over myself then drinking.
laugh.gif

what a emotionally draining game.

at times yesterday it was not looking good at all.

like i said all year even through his rough games. ron >>>> trevor

kobe not his best yesterday, but the rest of the team stepped up.

i guess what was so satisfying yesterday is that after watching every game this season, through the ups and downs, that this team had the ability to come back in the last quarter of the season to win this ring after such a sluggish start.

what a team and what a year. to the regulars that have been here, congrats. feels damn good
pimp.gif

parade monday. kinda dissapointed no coliseum this year around. was a great experience last year.
after a laker parade the rest of the summer is just so much easier.
happy.gif

we did it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wow....

I still can't believe we pulled that out. I sat in 304 and man this guy next to me had paid 1600 for his seats. he fainted when I told him I paid 800 for my seats. I told everybody get your seats early...

Great win. Great season. But now its time to move on to next season. We have a lot of questions that need to be answered...

activity;src=2549288;met=1;v=1;pid=44287726;aid=223189458;ko=0;cid=36183269;rid=36201152;rv=1;&timestamp=7270105;eid1=9;ecn1=1;etm1=0;
http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/trb....;at=Staples Center;at=Phil Jackson;u=<a href=/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-whats-next-20100619,0,4088566.story;ord=10357570?">http://www.latimes.com/sp...8566.story;ord=10357570?" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
sports;ptype=s;slug=la-sp-lakers-whats-next-20100619;rg=ur;ref=facebookcom;pos=T;dcopt=ist;sz=728x90;tile=1;at=Luke%20Walton;at=Boston%20Celtics;at=Shannon%20Brown;at=Lamar%20Odom;at=Pau%20Gasol;at=Derek%20Fisher;at=NBA;at=Andrew%20Bynum;at=Kobe%20Bryant;at=Ron%20Artest;at=Wages%20and%20Pensions;at=Sports;at=Jerry%20Buss;at=Earl%20Watson;at=Basketball;at=Jordan%20Farmar;at=Sasha%20Vujacic;at=Staples%20Center;at=Phil%20Jackson;u=<a%20href=
/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-whats-next-20100619,0,4088566.story;ord=10357570?">http://www.latimes.com/sp...8566.story;ord=10357570?" width="728" height="90" border="0" alt=""> [h1][/h1]
[h1]After title time comes decision time for Lakers[/h1] [h2]Phil Jackson will decide soon if he will return. Derek Fisher and Shannon Brown say they want to come back, but Jordan Farmar probably will leave to seek a starting spot.[/h2]

The smell of champagne emanated from Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak, his clothes stained, his smile bright and spirits high, the journey now complete with L.A.'s championship in place over the hated Boston Celtics.

During a quiet moment after Kupchak ducked down a Staples Center hallway with his family, he said Thursday night was his time to celebrate before it was back to work Friday morning.

Kupchak now has to put a team together and coax his coach, Phil Jackson, back for next season for an attempt to three-peat.

Jackson said after the Lakers won the title that he'll decide before Thursday's NBA draft whether he'll return.

Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton are locked up with multi-year deals. But the Lakers could have six free agents — Derek Fisher, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown (he has an opt-out clause), Adam Morrison, DJ Mbenga and Josh Powell.

If Brown opts out of his contract, the Lakers would still have seven players under contract for next season for a payroll of $83.7 million, well over the projected NBA luxury-tax threshold of $69.9 from last season, meaning owner Jerry Buss will pay a dollar-for-dollar tax over that amount.

The Lakers had a payroll of $91.3 million this season.

Jackson, 64, who has had both hips replaced, will undergo his annual battery of postseason medical exams to make sure he is physically capable of coaching another season. He plans on having a kidney stone removed.

Jackson just completed a two-year, $23-million deal that paid him $12 million this season and $2 million more in bonuses that he said he would donate to charity.

If he takes a pay cut on a one-year deal, there is a scenario in which he receives an undisclosed amount of deferred money over the next couple of years.

Kobe Bryant said after Game 7 that Jackson "knows how bad I want him back."

"Personally, I don't know how you walk away from this," Kupchak said. "But he's always had a methodology as to when he makes a decision. And we'll respect his position and go through the process. Then, like I said, hopefully he returns."

Once Jackson's status is sorted out, the Lakers will turn to dealing with their free agents.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents July 1, but the moratorium before a player can sign lasts until July 7. "We'll convene with ownership, [assistant general manager] Ronnie Lester and myself in the next couple of weeks and plot a course," Kupchak said.

Fisher, who'll be 36 in August, had another good showing in the playoffs, capped by a late-game three-pointer in Game 7. He probably will have to take a pay cut from the $5.04 million he earned this season and may be offered only a one-year deal.

"If it's up to me, I'll be back," Fisher said while still clinging to the championship trophy. "I want to be back here."

Farmar, 23, who earned $1.9 million last season, will be a restricted free agent, meaning the Lakers can match any offer he receives.

But the Lakers probably will let him walk, according to an NBA executive who was not authorized to speak publicly.

And it sounds as if Famar is ready to depart after winning two titles. "I want to take a step forward in my career," said Farmar, who wants to be a starting point guard. "We'll see how it works out."

Brown just finished the first season of a two-year, "bi-annual exception" worth $4.1 million. If he opts out, the Lakers could sign him for up to five years and as high as the mid-level exception; the current mid-level exception pays $5.8 million in the first year.

"It all depends on what my options are," Brown said. "But it won't be a tough decision at all. I want to be back here."

The Lakers probably won't bring back Mbenga, Morrison and Powell, the NBA executive said.

The Lakers will look at free-agent point guards Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour, the executive added.

But whoever signs with the Lakers will have to take a pay cut because they don't plan on using the mid-level exception to sign a player. They will be looking to sign an experienced big man for the veteran's minimum, which will be as much as $1.325 million for a player with 10 years or more of experience.

Bye Farmar. I don't think your ready to start with any team. Gas yourself up all you want. I think Brown will stay. Love DJ. They could give him the minimum. I think Fisher will be back. Steve blake sounds good but will he take that big of a pay cut? I know Iverson is trying to come back. I wonder what big they could get with that kind of experience?  The core is together for a while but we need role players. We saw what happened in 03 after the 3 peat. Let's see what happens!

I don't even think I posted a post-Finals reaction post thing in here yet so....

Thank You Ron, Kobe, Fish, Pau, Sasha, Andrew, Phil, Jordan, Shannon, Josh, Vanessa, Gianna, Natalia, Luke, and everyone else involved in this Championship. Everyone played their part in this one, the most satisfying Championship victory I have ever seen.

That 13 point deficit in the 3rd quarter looked and felt like 30 so I guess the release from everyone from the players including the fans would be phenomenal.

I'm STILL geeked over that win just knowing how awful the summer would've been had we lost. I had everything in my mind from ESPY's award acceptances to Facebook status updates so knowing that we're on the victorious side is great.

I effs with all ya'll for real though man.

Anybody seen or have the link  to the official pictures of the Lakers with the trophy (back stage after the game).

Back
Top Bottom