[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This dude Do Be Doo stays providing such memorable quotes about the Lakers. 

Maybe someone can "repeat" those OTHER famous quotes for us? 
nerd.gif

the "hell yeah i rather have my team eliminated then be in the finals down 3-2 regardless of the fact they have home court advantage for the final 2 games" quote takes the cake to me.

i love my team. we've come so far. i'm incredibly proud. it makes all the depression from 04-07' worth it (i start at 04' because yea they were winning, but there was crazy tension on with the team...seriously 4-1? in the finals? smh). true fans stick it out in tough times. i know it was tough for kobe, he had options, but you already know he's happy he's stayed. To me this is looking like the best team since the shaq era. i love the chemistry they have out on the court. barnes, and blake have been amazing additions, and brown has made some good progress in his production. Plus the fact we have so many that can shoot the 3 ball now it spreads the floor for our bigs to hav room in the paint. We've proven year after year we don't technically need Bynum, so then when he actually comes back...$#@%, we form Voltron out there. he's like the icing on the cake. pause. Kobe is looking great. Fish is Fish. LO is playing some of his best ball of the last 10 yrs. Pau is doing his thang, and then we have the deep *#$ bench, we trimmed some of the fat while adding key additions. I don't see anybody beating us in 7 games, bar any injuries. I cant wait to see Boston again in the finals. Thats the only team i respect, as they seem to be the yang to our yin. if we beat them again, then we'll match their 17th chip and will officially be the two best franchises in bball history..even though we already are. ahh I love this game.

i love my team. we've come so far. i'm incredibly proud. it makes all the depression from 04-07' worth it (i start at 04' because yea they were winning, but there was crazy tension on with the team...seriously 4-1? in the finals? smh). true fans stick it out in tough times. i know it was tough for kobe, he had options, but you already know he's happy he's stayed. To me this is looking like the best team since the shaq era. i love the chemistry they have out on the court. barnes, and blake have been amazing additions, and brown has made some good progress in his production. Plus the fact we have so many that can shoot the 3 ball now it spreads the floor for our bigs to hav room in the paint. We've proven year after year we don't technically need Bynum, so then when he actually comes back...$#@%, we form Voltron out there. he's like the icing on the cake. pause. Kobe is looking great. Fish is Fish. LO is playing some of his best ball of the last 10 yrs. Pau is doing his thang, and then we have the deep *#$ bench, we trimmed some of the fat while adding key additions. I don't see anybody beating us in 7 games, bar any injuries. I cant wait to see Boston again in the finals. Thats the only team i respect, as they seem to be the yang to our yin. if we beat them again, then we'll match their 17th chip and will officially be the two best franchises in bball history..even though we already are. ahh I love this game.

this lakers team has the ability to be better than any of the other champion lakers teams of the past 10yrs and possibly further. celtics, magic, and heat are playing in the weaker conference and i think it will just force the lakers to push thru this season very strong to ensure home-court throughout and this will probably yield a great amount of wins that we maybe weren't expecting.

this lakers team has the ability to be better than any of the other champion lakers teams of the past 10yrs and possibly further. celtics, magic, and heat are playing in the weaker conference and i think it will just force the lakers to push thru this season very strong to ensure home-court throughout and this will probably yield a great amount of wins that we maybe weren't expecting.

Artest was doing a bad job defending Tyreke. Seemed like he wasn't really into the game despite having a good offensive night. Artest was letting Tyreke blow by him all the way by the 3 point line too easily. Seemed like he didn't even move his feet, but i'm not worried about it. This happens to Artest every now and then.

As far as Bynum, the rumor is he will start upon returning. I say if Lamar is still balling out his mind, Bynum comes off the bench. He wont be 100% for awhile regardless if he's back on the court. It would be nice having bynum out there with the second line up as well clogging the lanes with his 7 foot presence.

Artest was doing a bad job defending Tyreke. Seemed like he wasn't really into the game despite having a good offensive night. Artest was letting Tyreke blow by him all the way by the 3 point line too easily. Seemed like he didn't even move his feet, but i'm not worried about it. This happens to Artest every now and then.

As far as Bynum, the rumor is he will start upon returning. I say if Lamar is still balling out his mind, Bynum comes off the bench. He wont be 100% for awhile regardless if he's back on the court. It would be nice having bynum out there with the second line up as well clogging the lanes with his 7 foot presence.

^^^I was thinking the same thing. Odom plays better when he starts. His play so far this season has been stellar. Reward him then.

Bring Bynum off the bench. That way you monitor Bynum's minutes, keep him healthy for what's important (the playoff run) & you solidify the bench.

Blake, Brown, Barnes, (take your pick between the rooks), Bynum.....with a sprinkling of Sasha the Machine & Ratliff?!

That's a hellava bench right there. Now that I look at it.....The Lakers Are Deep As Hell!

^^^I was thinking the same thing. Odom plays better when he starts. His play so far this season has been stellar. Reward him then.

Bring Bynum off the bench. That way you monitor Bynum's minutes, keep him healthy for what's important (the playoff run) & you solidify the bench.

Blake, Brown, Barnes, (take your pick between the rooks), Bynum.....with a sprinkling of Sasha the Machine & Ratliff?!

That's a hellava bench right there. Now that I look at it.....The Lakers Are Deep As Hell!

I want Odom to start but, why would you fix something thats not broken??

Our starting lineups for the past two championship run's have been
Fish
Kobe
Ariza/Artest
Pau
Bynum

We will need Odom comin off the bench to bring up the ball when Kobe/Fish are out. I dnt knw about you but i dnt want Steve Blake runnin the triangle.

Start Bynum but, keep his PT in check. kind of like the Yao Ming treatment.

Fish
Kobe
Ariza/Artest
Pau
Bynum

We will need Odom comin off the bench to bring up the ball when Kobe/Fish are out. I dnt knw about you but i dnt want Steve Blake runnin the triangle.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Bynum SHOULD come off the bench.. it's for the better of the team and his own health.
yeah i agree.

but for certain matchups then we should have drew start

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Bynum SHOULD come off the bench.. it's for the better of the team and his own health.
yeah i agree.

but for certain matchups then we should have drew start

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Fish
Kobe
Ariza/Artest
Pau
Bynum

Co-sign!!!

Bynum never plays the whole quarters anyway. Beside, the way I look at it, I actually feel that Odom coming off the bench actually goes well with this game. I remember when he started, there was to much pressure on him, he doesn't take pressure easily, and he ends up choking or being inconsistent. With him on the bench, he's like a free man, doing what he wants, getting the same minutes as the starters and the pressure is taken off of him.

The hell does he need to start for? To stand around at half court just for tip off?
laugh.gif
He gets the same if not more minutes than Bynum and everyone else not named Pau & Kobe. Yeah, he doesn't need to start.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Fish
Kobe
Ariza/Artest
Pau
Bynum

Co-sign!!!

Bynum never plays the whole quarters anyway. Beside, the way I look at it, I actually feel that Odom coming off the bench actually goes well with this game. I remember when he started, there was to much pressure on him, he doesn't take pressure easily, and he ends up choking or being inconsistent. With him on the bench, he's like a free man, doing what he wants, getting the same minutes as the starters and the pressure is taken off of him.

The hell does he need to start for? To stand around at half court just for tip off?
laugh.gif
He gets the same if not more minutes than Bynum and everyone else not named Pau & Kobe. Yeah, he doesn't need to start.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Originally Posted by Kookcle

vsjjx4.gif

Spoiler [+]
He needs to practice his shooting
30t6p3b.gif
what is this?
laugh.gif

Call of Duty commercial

I'm for benching LO even though he's played great starting.  I don't think Bynum would spark the bench like LO can.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Originally Posted by Kookcle

vsjjx4.gif

Spoiler [+]
He needs to practice his shooting
30t6p3b.gif
what is this?
laugh.gif

Call of Duty commercial

I'm for benching LO even though he's played great starting.  I don't think Bynum would spark the bench like LO can.

Back
Top Bottom