[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Excellent news tonight. We got a bunch of help in the standings with the Spurs, Bulls, and C's all losing tonight
pimp.gif

Spurs on Thursday got a tough game with the C's but the C's have been struggling and have been playing like crap lately also.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

msw1233 wrote:

what's the scoop on playoff tickets? wayyy more expensive than reg. season? what if i'm just trying to go to a couple first round games? any info appreciated..all i've found thusfar is that ticketmaster will be selling them sometime soon. any other avenues, lmk.

Season ticket scalpers are 99.9% all over the tickets during their pre-sale, leaving nothing but left overs for the regular ticket sale. 
So chances on ticketmaster are almost slim to none.  You'd be lucky if you get tix for Game 5 of the series or something.  

If you go by way of ticket brokers, they will charge you an arm and a leg for nosebleeds.  You gotta do your hwk before. 

you bros are incorrect with this info. easy to get tickets to a first round game on ticketmaster. actually its only impossible for the finals because all the tickets get bought by the season ticket holders. ive gone to 1st and 2nd round games the past 2 years. just bought them on ticketmaster when they went on sale. +*$$%! 300 level seats only.

We rather have Spurs lose. If they lose than we would be 2 losses behind them and the opportunity to pass them would be higher.

We are already ahead of Boston and I don't see them catching up to us.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

msw1233 wrote:

what's the scoop on playoff tickets? wayyy more expensive than reg. season? what if i'm just trying to go to a couple first round games? any info appreciated..all i've found thusfar is that ticketmaster will be selling them sometime soon. any other avenues, lmk.

Season ticket scalpers are 99.9% all over the tickets during their pre-sale, leaving nothing but left overs for the regular ticket sale. 
So chances on ticketmaster are almost slim to none.  You'd be lucky if you get tix for Game 5 of the series or something.  

If you go by way of ticket brokers, they will charge you an arm and a leg for nosebleeds.  You gotta do your hwk before. 
you bros are incorrect with this info. easy to get tickets to a first round game on ticketmaster. actually its only impossible for the finals because all the tickets get bought by the season ticket holders. ive gone to 1st and 2nd round games the past 2 years. just bought them on ticketmaster when they went on sale. +*$$%! 300 level seats only.

I'd have to say you've had good luck in the past years with ticketmaster for playoff tickets. Especially how they do it now with the BS 3 tiers of pre sales.

Seriously I've seen Laker season ticket holders on ebay selling ticketmaster pre sale codes for $50 bucks or more $$$ to people so the normal people could get access to that pre sale for the season ticket holders
30t6p3b.gif

The next pre sale for people who register on lakers.com gets pretty crazy where you seriously need at least 5 firefox or IE tabs open all on ticketmaster.com and need to continue to refresh and reload those sites while ticketmasters system searches for any available tickets and pray that their web server does not crash
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Spurs are no longer out of sight or out of mind for Lakers[/h1]
60479737.jpg

There were plenty of blunders earlier this season — and, yes, some as recently as last month — but the Lakers finally see something ahead of them.

It's not the finish line. It's the staggering San Antonio Spurs.

The Lakers suddenly have a Texas-sized carrot in front of them for their final nine games: San Antonio is down to a 31/2 -game lead atop the Western Conference after another loss Monday.

The Spurs' four-game losing streak is entirely injury-driven, their Big Three limping a lot these days, be it Tim Duncan (sprained ankle), Manu Ginobili (bruised thigh) or Tony Parker (bruised knee). All three sat out Monday's home loss to Portland.

The Lakers have noticed.

"There's a lot of motivation," guard Shannon Brown said. "We know their situation. We know they're trying to get home court. They've been playing well all year. If we can catch them and get home court, that'll be the best thing."

It would require a complete collapse by the Spurs, though the Lakers haven't been this close to them since losing three in a row at the end of November.

The Lakers (53-20) have won a well-documented 15 of 16 since the All-Star break, when they trailed San Antonio by nine games. The 15-1 surge also has allowed them to pull even with Chicago for the NBA's second-best record.

San Antonio's next four games are against teams that are in the playoffs or in the hunt: Boston, Houston, Phoenix and Atlanta. The Spurs (57-17) also play the Lakers at Staples Center on April 12.

Duncan's injury is being called day-to-day, but it seems more week-to-week. Ginobili could not finish Sunday's loss to Memphis and Parker joined them on the sideline Monday.

It was Parker who tried to sound in control after the Spurs fell to Memphis.

"We don't have time to worry about [injuries]," he told reporters. "Timmy is not coming back any time soon, so we just have to keep playing and make sure we pound that rock. Hopefully, it will go our way."

Not all the Lakers are showing interest in the Spurs.

"It doesn't matter to us whether we catch them or not," Kobe Bryant said. "We try to win every game. If we catch them, so be it. If we don't, so be it."

Before the Lakers took the court Sunday against New Orleans, Derek Fisher walked past a TV in the locker room just as Memphis was finishing off San Antonio. Fisher showed no expression. In fact, he didn't even stop.

For what it's worth, the Lakers trail the Spurs in the season series, 2-1.

For all the criticism heaped upon them before the All-Star break, not to mention the angst of a fan base that yelped with every surprising loss, the Lakers are now on pace to surpass their victory total from last season (57).

They could even hit the impressive 60-victory plateau, which would give them a better record than they had in the last two steps of their "three-peat" in the early 2000s.

The Lakers face a more immediate threat this week, a Dallas team that doesn't seem to realize it's been without Caron Butler for almost three months.

The Mavericks (52-21) are only a game behind the Lakers for second in the West. The teams play each other for a third and final time Thursday at Staples Center.

The season series is tied at 1-1, with Thursday's winner owning the first playoff tiebreaker.

"We want to secure our spot, so beating them would pretty much do that for us," Andrew Bynum said.
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...20110329,0,6559391.story

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

msw1233 wrote:

You will most likely not get any game 1 or 2 tickets, it's been like that for years.   Some are luckier than others. 

I'd rather we get the 2nd seed and have a better record than the East #1 seed

That way we avoid OKC in the 2nd round and we would get Home Court in the Finals.

Let SA and OKC battle it out. We can get past DAL no problem.

^ thats how i feel. long as we're better than the best in the east, i'm good. although, with the way we're playing, i dont foresee the thunder being much of a problem for us now.

I'd love to end Oklahoma City's season again. End Perkins season (no injury) too. Plus it's a great test for us. They run, we don't. They'll push us like they'll most likely push San Antonio.

It would be fun to watch. The Artest Durant matchup would be special of course.

But being 4 games back, we'll have to continue this superior level of play to catch SA. Even with their injuries, I don't think we do.

if we can get the first seed then so be it but at the same if we dont we'll be fine. IMO, we already know what it takes to win so to 3peat we dont need homecourt. but again, it'll be nice.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if we can get the first seed then so be it but at the same if we dont we'll be fine. IMO, we already know what it takes to win so to 3peat we dont need homecourt. but again, it'll be nice.

It definitely is nice, but not needed.  
Oh and by the way, did you ever get those Kobe "Chinas"?  
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

I'd love to end Oklahoma City's season again. End Perkins season (no injury) too. Plus it's a great test for us. They run, we don't. They'll push us like they'll most likely push San Antonio.

It would be fun to watch. The Artest Durant matchup would be special of course.

But being 4 games back, we'll have to continue this superior level of play to catch SA. Even with their injuries, I don't think we do.
I'd like to avoid the Thunder. Lakers are the better team, but we have problems with young teams that run...Rightfully so since our team is alot older.

I'd like to avoid alot of teams actually. I'm fine with the #2 seed as long as we have home court against all the East teams.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spurs and Thunder duel it out, I'm sure Thunder would probably win though.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

It definitely is nice, but not needed.  
Oh and by the way, did you ever get those Kobe "Chinas"?  
nerd.gif
no i didnt....i thought about it too long and someone already snagged it at the buy/selling lounge.

but i'd still love to have them
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

So Duncan is done for the rest of the regular season?
#1 seed .. we coming 
devil.gif

nerd.gif

Where did you hear this info?

I haven't seen anywhere saying that he's out till the playoffs.

Some ESPN guys debating a couple topics:

[h3][/h3]
[h3]4. Will the Lakers run the table?[/h3]
lal.gif

Lakers' remaining schedule: Dallas, @Utah, Denver, Utah, @Golden State, @Portland, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, @Sacramento

John Krolik, Cavs: The Blog: Again, I'll bet against a 15-game winning streak to end the season, especially since the Lakers have to face the Nuggets, Mavericks, Spurs and Thunder before the season ends, and face the Blazers in Portland.

Beckley Mason, HoopSpeak: Nope. Although they have a favorable schedule with their toughest games at home and no scary back-to-backs, a 24-1 record after the break would be the best post-All-Star record ever. Probability -- and Phil's penchant for resting his stars -- predicts a letdown.

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue & Gold: No, the Lakers won't run the table. The Kobe/Pau Lakers have never won more than 11 consecutive games, and winning out would mean a streak of 16 straight wins. History tells me this team will drop a game at some point.

Just don't expect it to be one that they're mentally up for (like the Mavericks game on Thursday).

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: Don't think so, as the Lakers have a tougher schedule than the Heat do. That loss could come against Dallas, Portland, Denver, San Antonio or Golden State (just kidding).

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: I could go on and on about how well they're playing and how motivated they look. But I would never pick them to actually win in Portland in the regular season, and they have a game in Portland left, so I can't say yes.

But if Dallas stays on their heels for the No. 2 spot, they might keep kicking.

[h3]5. Are we overlooking Kobe Bryant as an MVP candidate?[/h3]
110.jpg

Bryant​

John Krolik, Cavs: The Blog: In some ways, yes. Kobe has been one of the very best players in the league this season, and the Lakers are rolling. He deserves a look.

Unfortunately for him, with the way the voting goes, something has to "stand out" about an MVP season. Kobe's numbers aren't dominant, the Lakers don't have the best record in the league, and he's a victim of his own prior success.

Beckley Mason, HoopSpeak: Kobe is doing work, but I think if there's an overlooked MVP candidate this year it's the league's best shooting guard, Dwyane Wade. Wade is having a better year than Bryant and outplayed him in both their meetings.

Of course, Wade may not be MVP of his own team, which pretty much removes him from contention.

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue & Gold: Yes. His per 36-minute statistics rival Derrick Rose's and he's had a substantial impact on one of the top-performing teams.

That said, I'd have trouble voting for Kobe, as his defense has taken a step back from prior seasons, and there are too many other great candidates to choose from. Personally, I'd vote for Dwight Howard.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: Bizarrely, yes. There's a statistically suspect narrative about Bryant's decline that shockingly comes from the same people who overrated him over the years. I don't see any drop-off in Kobe's play, and he's been better than Derrick Rose.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: When aren't we? I still say Kobe's best individual season was two years before he won his only MVP award, when he carried a mediocre team back to the playoffs by averaging 35 points. But I think a lot of the credit for the Lakers' surge belongs with a healthy Andrew Bynum as much as Kobe.

Overall, his minutes and numbers are down, he's readying for the playoffs, and I doubt he even cares about any regular-season award.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...story?page=5-on-5-110329

They need to shut down Kobe and let him rest imo. Take him to some Asian massage place or something
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

They need to shut down Kobe and let him rest imo. Take him to some Asian massage place or something
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Just don't send him to Colorado.

Back
Top Bottom