Official Lakers @ Mavericks on ESPN 6pm pt/9pm et Maverick Legend Haywood VS The Bynumator

I'm happy we won but with the team we have now we should win these games.

Caron and Damp play we blow them out.

They made a run whenever we didn't have a center on the floor.

People are going to say I'm biased and I am but I just see why any team in the NBA is way better than us when healthy.

The Lakers are honestly probably still a little better but thats it and that's just because they have the best player. I don't fear the rest of them dudes at all.

If lose to any team in the playoffs that isn't the Lakers I'll be very disappointed.

smh.gif
from what I did see Pau missed a couple of offensive boards but if he gets those we all know the story

and I hate when Bynum gets the ball in the post, gets stripped, throws his body around looking for a foul then looks at the ref in some upset way. Hold that damn ball up higher. Make these fools fear you

And if Kobe hits that shot you guys aren't pulling this "he shouldn't have jacked it up" type steez. From the looks of it, only other person ballin was LO

I guess the ball just didn't roll around the rim good enough for LA tonight

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

i'm gonna make my way out of this thread now before lakers fans play connect-the-dots
so3c7k.gif

yea go back to annoying warriors fans in the warriors thread

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I know all the Mavs fans on NT are giddy as all hell.
Hell yeah!!
pimp.gif

Gritty win for the Mavs w/o Butler and Damp. You cant put too much stock into it with L.A. coming off a game last night, but it was still a very solid win and its always nice to beat the defending Champions.

Go Mavs!

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

People are going to say I'm biased and I am but I just see why any team in the NBA is way better than us when healthy.

The Lakers are honestly probably still a little better but thats it and that's just because they have the best player. I don't fear the rest of them dudes at all.

If lose to any team in the playoffs that isn't the Lakers I'll be very disappointed.
That's the attitude your team should have. You guys need a post presence to be a contender though cause the lakers will not play this terrible in the playoffs.

Eh..... Missed the whole game except for the last 2 minutes because of class.

I expected Kobe to do bad, back to back coming off injury. I figured he'd be winded or something especially against Dallas.

All I know is Terry was an All-Star tonight from what I heard.

Laker fans...relax.

lol @ fisher trying to get that steal at the end and them losing all that time

i still think the lakers and denver are better than the mavs

Nah, I don't think that at all. I wouldn't get too confident right now.

And that statement is false. Did they make runs when Najera was out there? Yes, but how do you explain what happened with the run with LO and Kobe?

Would Caron and Dampier help? Yeah definitely. But it wouldn't have made much of a difference in point differential IMO. This was a game won by Haywood, Dirk, Marion, and JET.

So, Kobe and Fish went 12-36 while the rest of the team went 26-42? The offense isn't running right

Well, it was a combination of great team defense on Kobe, Fisher not hitting shots, and Dirk/Marion/Haywood playing good interior D. DeShawn and Marion played great D on Kobe for mostly all night. Had a few slip-ups, but overall good D.

You guys need a post presence to be a contender though cause the lakers will not play this terrible in the playoffs.

Haywood/Dampier? Marion playing in the paint? Dirk going to the basket a LOT more?

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

smh.gif
from what I did see Pau missed a couple of offensive boards but if he gets those we all know the story

and I hate when Bynum gets the ball in the post, gets stripped, throws his body around looking for a foul then looks at the ref in some upset way. Hold that damn ball up higher. Make these fools fear you

And if Kobe hits that shot you guys aren't pulling this "he shouldn't have jacked it up" type steez. From the looks of it, only other person ballin was LO

I guess the ball just didn't roll around the rim good enough for LA tonight

Outside of shaq, you can say that about EVERY other center in the league tho
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

So, Kobe and Fish went 12-36 while the rest of the team went 26-42? The offense isn't running right
frown.gif

Box score doesn't show everything. Odom was the only frontcourt player being really aggressive all night, Artest was doing it at the beginning of the game but tapered of as it wore on. They were running the triangle, just a lot of shots they normally hit rimmed in and out and the Mavs played good team D on the perimeter. The defense is what let them down tonight, Dirk and Terry were unconscious and Terry and J. Kidd especially had way too many wide open looks.

And the Mavs WILL be a problem in the playoffs. They have all the elements of a championship contender, a superstar in Dirk, a physical inside defensive game at least in Haywood (he was HUGE tonight), a seasoned vet at PG in Kidd and an X-factor in Terry that can go off at any time. If they keep JJ Barea as far from the court as possible, they should be fine
laugh.gif
. LA will be OK, looked like some tired legs. But I don't know what it's going to take, but our big men HAVE to play with some sort of physicality and urgency inside it's getting to the point where it's happening every single game.

Originally Posted by knightngale

That's the attitude your team should have. You guys need a post presence to be a contender though cause the lakers will not play this terrible in the playoffs.
All they need from the center position offensively is somebody that can catch the ball and finish around the rim... Haywood looks like that guy...

Marion is gonna have to finish better around the rim for them to really make noise though... He's always in the paint and around the basket, but he's struggled a lot this year offensively... Maybe Caron picks up some of that slack and fills that void... We'll see... Still need time to watch this thing marinate...

kobe or phil needs to smack the @#$% out of pau. dude is choking and hasnt played as well as he has in the past
kobe took a bad shot when he pulled up for the 3
good game by odom

laugh.gif
at Bynum saying its tough to play 8 on 5

I think the difference this year for the Mavs compared to years past, at least for a matchup with the Lakers, is they'll have a more than one big that can give them legitimate minutes (Haywood and Damp, maybe add someone else that gets bought out) and they'll have a TON of different bodies to throw at Kobe with different looks... Kidd, Marion, Butler, Stevenson... They're better equipped now than they have been in the past for that matchup...

They match up better with Denver now too... They were doing OK until Howard busted his ankle last year and they had to play Terry almost exclusively at SG... Even as much as he's struggled, Marion is a serious upgrade over Antoine Wright and that crap they threw out there last year, and Caron is basically what they expected Howard to be when he was healthy... 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i still think the lakers and denver are better than the mavs

I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same way. Except Mav fans of course.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I think most Mavs fans still think the Lakers are the better team... I do, for damn sure...

Denver? Eh... I think the Mavs are right there with them and Utah... All three are a step behind the Lakers though...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I think most Mavs fans still think the Lakers are the better team... I do, for damn sure...

Denver? Eh... I think the Mavs are right there with them and Utah... All three are a step behind the Lakers though...
Definitely. What people are throwing out of context is we think we're as good as the Lakers.

No, but we match up MUCH better than we ever have before, that's why we're happier with our team than we were before.

We just like our match-ups a lot better than we ever have before.

Oh Lakers are still probably better than us but I'm STILL trying to figure out how and why the Nuggets are better than us now.

I still think the Lakers are better but Mavs > Nuggets. Caron just needs to play a little more and everyone will understand their roles. Even a series against the Lakers would be close imo.

I do think the Nuggets and Mavs are neck and neck and they aren't too far behind the Lakers. And you know how series are when you get teams in the same ballpark: a few plays here and there in ONE game can change the whole complexion of the series.

WOW and my early prediction was right. Bynum and Gasol were complete no shows. So many offensive rebs for the Mavs. Where did Gasol's game go ? theres no way brenday haywood should be able to do anything with Bynum and Gasol in there !...and oh yea I hate drunk mavs fans LOL

Wow.
laugh.gif

I just watched the highlights on SportsCenter for the hell of it.

3 times they showed Mavericks clips.

The first 8 clips were all-Kobe, and how he was off.

There was a total of 12 Lakers clips.

laugh.gif

Thanks SportsCenter.

Back
Top Bottom