OFFICIAL LAKERS vs NUGGETS GAME 2 | Thursday 5/21 ESPN WCF

Lets get it done. If we jump on Denver early and open the floor up our bench can push us through. It cannot be all Kobe.

if Nuggets win and if Cavs win on Friday, that would make tonight's loss a bit easier to swallow

Originally Posted by travman24

The way Laker fans went in Lebron in the cav/magic thread we better pray we win lmao
word
laugh.gif
a Lakers loss tomorrow and it will get very ugly inhere

I think it'll come down to the last couple minutes again though, definitely don't see a blow out unless either of the benches step way the *!!@ up

Damn...I wish I could watch the game but I'll be working. Hope to see the Nuggets come with a W to actually make a series out this thing.

Hopefully, we come out stronger and more focused this game.

I can't wait....we need our big guys to contribute more for us - cough L.O., Drew - mainly on the defensive end.

I'm excited...2-0 would be awesome
pimp.gif

I have a feeling Billups will adjust and play a lot better. Kobe did a great job defending him but I think adjustments will be made. I can watch game 1 ahundred times and it feels like the Lakers had no business winning it. But all that matters is the W

--The Nuggets played a better game on Tuesday and still lost, so the even though the Lakers escaped with the W they have to be the ones makin adjustments.
--Billups is one scary dude though. Hold breath when he behind that 3ball line.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Lakers by 15-20!!!!!!!

Go LAKERS!!!!
C'mon dude, be realistic. This is only going to happen if Odom and Gasol lights up. I think this is going to be a close one. If J.R Smith canget over his nerves, compose himself and Billups, Melo and Martin stay focused than the Lakers will definitely need to start picking up and playing like everygame is the last. No worries, though, I think the Lakers are going to take this one, I'm just patiently waiting for Bynum to come out of his cage and bethe beast I see him to be, with Pau playing just as aggressive. If either one of the 2 comes out then the Lakers are definitely getting the CHIP !!!

First off, we have to start better. No more double digit deficits.

Kobe can't score 40+, defend Billups, Melo, AND JR Smith, with 40+ minutes the whole series, so getting off to a better start is a must. Then he won'thave to work that hard and can save a little energy for the 4th.

Both teams will make their adjustments, and I agree with Shuges, we want Melo to score alot, as long as we can focus and contain on the rest of the guys.

Should be a good one.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Lakers by 15-20!!!!!!!

Go LAKERS!!!!
nope not tonight...the spread will be at the most 8 for either the nuggs and the Lakers...we need to come out strong pound that ball into pau andbynum and keep the pace

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Melo going off for 35+ every game of this series is pretty much what the Lakers want.

It's the same exact way teams used to beat the Lakers. Let 24 get his and keep the other fringe players under control.

Melo needs to be more of a facilitator.. hit the boards... that kind of thing. Pick and choose when to score cuz he can pretty much score whenever he wants to.
I agree, but disagree at the same time.

Yes, The Lakers want to make Melo simply try to score, score, score.

HOWEVER, they do NOT want him scoring like he did last game. He scored 39 on only like 20 shots.

Lakers want Melo to go for 35, but on 25+ shots. Not on only 16.

Melo scored 39 w/ 6 dimes and 4 reb. (Or was it 4 dimes and 6 rebounds). Either way, this is NOT the way they want him to score.

There is a HUGE difference between the way Kobe got his 40 and the way Melo got his 39.

If Melo scores the way that he did in the first game, it is the PERFECT storm for the Nuggets because he isn't chucking to the point where it is taking histeam-mates out of rhythm (i.e Takeing a lot of shots, taking multiple bad shots), he's actually converting most shots into points AND he isn't stoppingthe ball from getting to his teammates.

Dude was EFFICIENT last game.

Lakers want Melo to get buckets BUT be inefficient at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom