Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

[h1]How the San Antonio Spurs Can Get LeBron James[/h1]
Then you bring in the Mexico factor for LeBron James. San Antonio is very close to Mexico.
LeBron could globalize himself in Mexico. That could make LeBron James a bigger sports figure in Central America than most NBA players.

roll.gif
roll.gif
lulwut?

Then you bring in the Mexico factor for LeBron James. San Antonio is very close to Mexico.
LeBron could globalize himself in Mexico. That could make LeBron James a bigger sports figure in Central America than most NBA players.
hand_reaching.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
it sounds like a 7th grader wrote this article
roll.gif

Seems like there is a power-struggle between folks in Lebron's camp....I had a feeling that this would happen when WWW put himself into the fold.  Who exactly is looking out for Lebron's best interest?  I wonder if Lebron would ever cut ties w. his boys because of his ties to WWW....

Link
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports continues to bring new information to light about the power moves unfolding within the inner circle of LeBron James.

With James' free agency imminent, members of his crew are jockeying for position wherever the superstar plays next.

None more so than William Wesley who, writes Wojnarowski, wants James out of Cleveland and to a new city where his own control would expand.

"If LeBron leaves, Wes is going to get carte blanche wherever he signs," one source said. "He’s going to have the run of the place, and he doesn’t have that in Cleveland. He has access there, but Maverick Carter is the guy with the keys there. …[Carter’s] much more influential, and would always be in Cleveland."

Maverick Carter and the other high school friends of James would seem to prefer him to remain in Cleveland where their spheres of influence are well established.

"No one cares about those guys walking around in Chicago or Miami or New York," one league executive told Wojnarowski.

Carter controls certain people in the media and plants the stories he wants reported. Last week Chris Broussard quoted Carter in a story breaking news about how James was cancelling plans to visit the cities of the teams interested in signing him this summer.

[h1]LeBron James source says Cleveland Cavaliers still have the edge[/h1][h5]Published: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 12:02 PM     Updated: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 12:19 PM[/h5]
userpic-4952-100x100.png
Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

lebron-jamesjpg-728e0f37ca506ec3_large.jpg
APA source close to LeBron James says the Cavaliers still have the edge in signing him to a free agent contract.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- With rumors popping up and then being shot down routinely, one thing remains clear though all of the chaos surrounding LeBron James' free agency: the Cavaliers are still the frontrunner.

A source close to James told The Plain Dealer Tuesday morning that James still considers the Cavs to have the edge in re-signing the two-time Most Valuable Player. This is based not only on the fact that the Cavs can pay him $30 million more than another team over the next six years, but also that it is James' home.

James will host a series of meetings in the Akron area starting Thursday at 10 a.m. when the New Jersey Nets are scheduled to make the first presentation, a source said. Nets new Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov is flying to the U.S. just for the meeting before immediately flying back out. Then the New York Knicks are expected to present their case followed by a series of other suitors that could last much of Thursday and Friday.

The Cavs and likely a new head coach, which the team hopes to hire in the next two days, might also meet with James. While there have been reports that the Cavs are close to hiring Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, a team source said Tuesday morning that the Cavs have not made an offer to Shaw or other leading candidate Byron Scott.

After all the meetings, according to sources, James is expected to make his decision over a period of several days. Until then, James does not plan on committing to anything.

Over the last several days there have been a series of stories from newspaper and websites that have linked James to the Knicks, Bulls and Heat. Various denials then followed. Late Monday, ESPN reported that James met with fellow free agents Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade over the weekend in Miami.

But sources close to James have told The Plain Dealer that James was in New York over the weekend and did not travel to Miami. It is possible that Wade, James and Bosh all spoke on the telephone about their options and plans as they hit free agency. All three are represented by the same agency.

Wade and Bosh's agent, Henry Thomas, told the Miami Herald that the three did not meet in Miami.

All of this suspense is a joke. Making the NBA look like a damn circus league. All these analyst need to %@!% already with all this speculation.

/rant lol

[h1]Adviser to James Will Not Meet With N.B.A. Suitors[/h1][h6]By JONATHAN ABRAMS[/h6][h6]Published: June 29, 2010[/h6]

When LeBron James starts listening to pitches on Thursday from the teams trying to lure him away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, one person who is not expected to be present is William Wesley, a prominent, behind-the-scenes adviser to various athletes and a longtime acquaintance of James.

Wesley, who straddles the worlds of college basketball and the N.B.A., is widely known by his nickname “Worldwide Wes.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

[h1]LeBron James source says Cleveland Cavaliers still have the edge[/h1]

[h5]Published: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 12:02 PM     Updated: Tuesday,
June 29, 2010, 12:19 PM[/h5]

userpic-4952-100x100.png

Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

lebron-jamesjpg-728e0f37ca506ec3_large.jpg
APA
source close to LeBron James says the Cavaliers still have the edge in
signing him to a free agent contract.

CLEVELAND,
Ohio -- With rumors popping up and then being shot down routinely, one
thing remains clear though all of the chaos surrounding LeBron James'
free agency: the Cavaliers are still the frontrunner.

A source close to James told The Plain Dealer Tuesday morning that
James still considers the Cavs to have the edge in re-signing the
two-time Most Valuable Player. This is based not only on the fact that
the Cavs can pay him $30 million more than another team over the next
six years, but also that it is James' home.

James will host a series of meetings in the Akron area starting
Thursday at 10 a.m. when the New Jersey Nets are scheduled to make the
first presentation, a source said. Nets new Russian owner Mikhail
Prokhorov is flying to the U.S. just for the meeting before immediately
flying back out. Then the New York Knicks are expected to present their
case followed by a series of other suitors that could last much of
Thursday and Friday.

The Cavs and likely a new head coach, which the team hopes to hire in
the next two days, might also meet with James. While there have been
reports that the Cavs are close to hiring Lakers assistant coach Brian
Shaw, a team source said Tuesday morning that the Cavs have not made an
offer to Shaw or other leading candidate Byron Scott.

After all the meetings, according to sources, James is expected to
make his decision over a period of several days. Until then, James does
not plan on committing to anything.

Over the last several days there have been a series of stories from
newspaper and websites that have linked James to the Knicks, Bulls and
Heat. Various denials then followed. Late Monday, ESPN reported that
James met with fellow free agents Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade over the
weekend in Miami.

But sources close to James have told The Plain Dealer that James was
in New York over the weekend and did not travel to Miami. It is possible
that Wade, James and Bosh all spoke on the telephone about their
options and plans as they hit free agency. All three are represented by
the same agency.

Wade and Bosh's agent, Henry Thomas, told the Miami Herald that the
three did not meet in Miami.

10gzo9l.gif

Since we're getting close to the start of Free Agency, I think we should post in detail in this thread the LeBron staying or leaving Bet that was made early in the NBA season.

I believe it was between my boy AT and the spelling bee champion, Big Mike, but I'm not 100% sure .

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I don't want our front office to sit down with Wade at all, there's no purpose.

you know d wade is hating on the bulls mgmt to lebron and bosh.....he's probably telling them "i'm from chicago and i'm on jordan brand and i dont want to play there"

If i was LeBron I would do all of my interview dressed as Wise LeBron from here on out... Every now and then I would dress up as Business LeBron just to spice it up. #%*+ would be LEGENDARY!!!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom