Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Crazy thing is I only balled in them twice
sick.gif
I played in my Jades no more than 10 times. Probably less.

Sorry been a long day and I dont get to hop on NT like I used to....

While I can agree on some points I cant agree on them all.....Yes you correct..The HoH experiment...although NOT what it was intended to be (we've both agreed on this before) does produce a steady stream of income for PARTICULAR FootLocker locations....Which will eventually go away as FTL corp now has an annual percentage increase of mainline stores being upgraded to HoH by year end.....the dollars...always about the dollars... I believe the count is in the teens and should be in the 20's by year end with the expectation to be in the 30's to 40's by 2015...The "GIMMICK" so to say will have jumped the shark (dating myself with that term)

With that being said...the FNL of the world now are trying to figure out how to better brand there stores or separate them to also increase revenues....Lebron Lines are now evident..so is Kobe...and I hear Foams are on the way....

But again...I say that to say this....the QS or Limited colorways...while yes even with a double size run...are just that LIMITED...Ask your favorite Mom and Pops...it aint the Yeezys that keep the lights on...its the dudes that come in day in and day out copping the inline items....thats were the margins are...

To SneakerMane who I do respect because if anyone...you and KnicksSoFresh (who I havent seen in a min) have really been Lebron fans since what feels like day one....You have to understand...NT dudes get emotional....Nike dont care about you...this is a business....When I say kid in Topeka Kansas..its about the LOOOOOOOOONG money...I travel pretty extensive..and outside of the major cities..while yes there are malls...and yes there are sneaker stores...by NT standards...they pretty much SUCK....So what you telling me that all these stores lose money cause they dont carry CORKS???? Please half these people that live in ButtBack where ever never even seen a QS let alone have stock of them...Cause in ButtBack..you look ridiculous with sneakers made of Cork or Kicks that glow in the dark.......

NT Dudes go in and go out....Example....how many dudes are unloading there SB's on ebay these days (straight crackhead prices) cause they have moved on....And yes I realize that Nike is Nike...so with that..even if you buy from the left or right...its all the same pocket so either way Nike is good....But the truth is...the Sneakerhead Demographic is very FICKLE....Todays Cork will be yesterdays Tiffany which could be tomorrows Skytop (memba when Supra had some steam behind them???? What the hell happened there)

BUT...them damn Cortez keep getting cop'd....Running shoes continue to do well....

And to the homie who starting talking about AF1 then went into comparing them to Jordans....I stopped reading once he said Jordans....AF1 been around FOREVER...Gonna be around forever.....Only sneaker in Nike Arsonal that has zero dollars allocated to its advertising budget (with the exception of Clark's free sneaker budget...ohhhh sorry I meant the "influencer account budget"...lol.....bastards) From a business stand point...AF1 reigns supreme...Cortez aint far behind...Then I think its some off the whole joints like the Blazers....

Again...there is business...and then there is NT....sometimes they co-exist in the same space...but generally they are worlds apart...
+1

about to start getting the Xs i missed since i got most of the reent releases minus the ASG and Corks. first up Jades then the Olympics if i can find any

guys does anyone know how the Lebron Xs compare with the fit of the Hyperposites? i've heard both are somewhat narrow in the toe box. Does anyone have both?

cheers

MP

where im at not many wear kobes. i guess its a regional thing? if you are in cali, then everyone for the most part wears kobes. In Ga, i've probably seen 2 people with kobes on and im one, but you will see some lebrons all day. A lot of people i know say the kobe just looks like a running shoe so they dont give em a chance for bball or casual wear. 

It's not about looks dude. It's about how the shoes actually perform.

These shoes are not good compare to cheaper alternative like hyperdunk, kobes, kd or hyperfuses, roses etc.

I thought the full length zoom and 360 air at heel would be great but the shoes actually made me feel disconnected from the ground and forefoot flex is no good. They look nice with jean or short in the summer but that's about it.

Cali have the best ballers. There are a lot of good adult leagues over here. Pros come out and play all the time.

GA? Nah. There's like 1 basketball gym every 60 miles lol. I don't think basketball down there is as big and as competitive as compare to Cali

Generally I dont call people out cause I hate what NT has been come with all this nonsense...But Homie...what are you talking about....The minute you start comparing AF1 to Jordan...its like comparing US Steel to FaceBook Inc...

Stop it.

More or less I was just responding to a couple of previous post one who said they didn't know if the Nike Cortez or the AF1 was Nike's top selling shoe. The other who was saying Niketalk and sneakerheads didn't have any major influence on Nike sells for the most part and was just using Jordan and AF1 back in the day for an example not 2013

What I was talking about was simple, not a comparison Nike Air Force One when they where more popular brought in more money then Jordan which isn't really mind blowing considering that the AF1 was at a lower price point, popular, and came out with way more coloways. This was back when Jordan's didn't almost come out every week. This is when Jordan's came in basically just 4 to 5 colorways for the year with one Retro Jordan, while AF1's were being cranked out in the massives So do a little research before you say "stop it". If you know about sneakers and Nike that shouldn't have been a shocker for you.

More or less I was just responding to a couple of previous post one who said they didn't know if the Nike Cortez or the AF1 was Nike's top selling shoe. The other who was saying Niketalk and sneakerheads didn't have any major influence on Nike sells for the most part and was just using Jordan and AF1 back in the day for an example not 2013

What I was talking about was simple, not a comparison Nike Air Force One when they where more popular brought in more money then Jordan which isn't really mind blowing considering that the AF1 was at a lower price point, popular, and came out with way more coloways. This was back when Jordan's didn't almost come out every week. This is when Jordan's came in basically just 4 to 5 colorways for the year with one Retro Jordan, while AF1's were being cranked out in the massives So do a little research before you say "stop it". If you know about sneakers and Nike that shouldn't have been a shocker for you.
Again what you are failing to understand is the AF1 has been around since 82......While Jordan Brand as a Business did not start until (And please someone correct me if Im wrong) around 1993 or 1994....

So while yes I can agree...in the 2000's when the retro era pop'd off and Dudes started going crazy for everything that is Jordan...The AF1 did crank up production as did a lot of "Streetbrand" merchandise...and REALLY cranked up production when it become the "unofficial" flagship of the NSW line... but.they still MOVED crazy units.....

To put the money you mention into perspective cause it sounds like you are trying to make the point that AF1 are profitable dude to lower cost and higher production....Jordan produces a TON of team crap that is at an extremely good price point but bricks out year over year....When you go into your local FTL...you do what we all do...look at the Jordan section...scan for the retros....if there are non...you keep moving....Now im sure this a good business decision for the amount of product non Retro related...and im sure if buyers want the White SpaceJams (what is happening out there..lol) they have to buy the Jumpman Pros and all this other non sense...but to me it dilutes the brand....AF1 know who there customers are...

Again...to put in prospective the AF1 low white/white retro EVERY YEAR...and sells out EVERY YEAR...with NO ADVERTISING....No Spike Lee...No special cork material..no collectors box....just a clean pair of kicks.....The comparison just doesnt make sense...

My comparison to US Steel and Facebook is simple....US Steel has been around for almost 4 to 5 generations now....Facebook is barely 10 years old....and while yes Facebook is more of a valuable company now (US Steel I believe is worth $15b and Facebook is something stupid like $75b)....how can you discount almost 100 years of gettin money???? Its a flawed argument...

My apologies to all for somewhat derailing the thread....I miss the days of good debate on sneakers (which is what I always thought this forum was about)
But with the Denims now having a release date..Im sure we can get back to the normal post...

ISTA COPPED...

DE JOINTZ IS FIRA!!!!

And all the rest......

Again..my apologizes.

Which of these 3 do you all prefer?

Xmas

Prism

or Floridian?

Keen on getting 1 of these and they all fine but which 1 in person do you like best.

xmas forsure, and in response to the guy saying his X has popped in the air bag, and another dude sayin his midsole is separated, im jus guna say ive been ballin in my x's for months at least twice a week since at least november and have no problems with any of mine, have used three and continue to use them and will get more to ball in. sorry tht has happened to u fellas but thing is the particular shoe u had tht popped or ripped prolly jus had a deffect or wasnt made as well as it should have been, it happens, im pretty positive since the shoe is still available they can send u a new pair if u explain what happened, at the very least, as stated by sum1 earlier, u will b able to get a voucher.

P.s. mayb u got fat feet lol  

Which of these 3 do you all prefer?

Xmas
Prism
or Floridian?

Keen on getting 1 of these and they all fine but which 1 in person do you like best.
I just had a homie pick me up the

I just had a homie pick me up the floridians. They are great colorway. Thats my personal opinon but they have been one of my favorite to release. I would take the Xmas second though. another good c/w

Don't agree with what you're implying here...

Sure, Corks were a huge, hyped up release and people clamored for them...

But they weren't anything we as sneaker fans should be "thankful" for.
I wasnt implying anyone should be thankful for any sneakers.. lol

I was crediting Gentry for their release...

In all honestly, I know you have to be politically correct especially since you are friendly and doing an interview with him. With that said, I think you gave him too much credit with your statement and I feel as tho if you swing enough, you'll make contact eventually is his strategy. There is a reason for the disdain towards him in the sneaker community. But hey, I don't know what he does daily and could be biased.

Trust me... Gentry knows how much stuff he's caught over the years from the Jordan side... and not everyone has home runs.. but when you look at the bottom line as far as revenue goes...  thats what counts up there.

He and Drew Greer created the Retro world at NSW and he took that concept to Jordan.  It flourished... people hate on hybrids and all that but they wouldnt do it if it didnt sell.

Again.. NSW was kicking Nike Basketballs *** for years... but lately took a hit...and since he's been there there bottom line has gone back up.

Too much credit... ehh.. I've been around many of them and in the scene... so Im not sure if Im being politically correct..but as we all know people are still buying retro's and some kids are still buying crazy colors... 

If he doesnt get that credit who does?  But on the flip side... again.. not everything can be a hit.. and he's had his share of things that didnt go right but many at the Swoosh can say that.

But these are the things we will be discussing as well.

i honestly just dont respect what hes done. my personal opinion.

its easy to generate revenue when your plan is to just retro and retro and retro shoes. doesnt take a rocket science to do that.

the credit, in my eyes, goes to the original designers/planners/managers that pushed the product years ago not to gentry. he didnt invent the wheel. he just recycled other people's work.

Last edited:
Again what you are failing to understand is the AF1 has been around since 82......While Jordan Brand as a Business did not start until (And please someone correct me if Im wrong) around 1993 or 1994....

So while yes I can agree...in the 2000's when the retro era pop'd off and Dudes started going crazy for everything that is Jordan...The AF1 did crank up production as did a lot of "Streetbrand" merchandise...and REALLY cranked up production when it become the "unofficial" flagship of the NSW line... but.they still MOVED crazy units.....

To put the money you mention into perspective cause it sounds like you are trying to make the point that AF1 are profitable dude to lower cost and higher production....Jordan produces a TON of team crap that is at an extremely good price point but bricks out year over year....When you go into your local FTL...you do what we all do...look at the Jordan section...scan for the retros....if there are non...you keep moving....Now im sure this a good business decision for the amount of product non Retro related...and im sure if buyers want the White SpaceJams (what is happening out there..lol) they have to buy the Jumpman Pros and all this other non sense...but to me it dilutes the brand....AF1 know who there customers are...

Again...to put in prospective the AF1 low white/white retro EVERY YEAR...and sells out EVERY YEAR...with NO ADVERTISING....No Spike Lee...No special cork material..no collectors box....just a clean pair of kicks.....The comparison just doesnt make sense...

My comparison to US Steel and Facebook is simple....US Steel has been around for almost 4 to 5 generations now....Facebook is barely 10 years old....and while yes Facebook is more of a valuable company now (US Steel I believe is worth $15b and Facebook is something stupid like $75b)....how can you discount almost 100 years of gettin money???? Its a flawed argument...

My apologies to all for somewhat derailing the thread....I miss the days of good debate on sneakers (which is what I always thought this forum was about)
But with the Denims now having a release date..Im sure we can get back to the normal post...

ISTA COPPED...

DE JOINTZ IS FIRA!!!!

And all the rest......

Again..my apologizes.

I wasn't talking about comparing the AF1 since they first debut against jordans I was merely talking about a paticular year around 2007 to 2008 that's all. The AF1 & Jordan example I gave was't even the highlight of my post ... But it's all good and I'm with you on those Denims! Those are hot and I can't wait for them to drop!

Back
Top Bottom