Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

as far as the denims, i like 'em, but its retail or bust, i spent more on the corks than what i initially wanted, so the denims will have to be had for retail or close to retail, if not, it's not that serious...

not dissing anyone here but to you non pro hoopers out there who are saying that these X's arent good for hooping, why are there so many NBA players balling in these on a regular basis...i mean compared to us they probably play more ball than we do and for some reason they choose to ball in the X's...the only players i see hooping in Kobe's are other Lakers....so to all those non contracted shoe players who can ball in what they like they decide to lace up the X's...heck i mean even players on teams like OKC have worn brons in game and if it was me i wouldnt dare wear a pair of shoes made for the guy that beat me for the championship IMO that says alot about the shoe in general!

not dissing anyone here but to you non pro hoopers out there who are saying that these X's arent good for hooping, why are there so many NBA players balling in these on a regular basis...i mean compared to us they probably play more ball than we do and for some reason they choose to ball in the X's...the only players i see hooping in Kobe's are other Lakers....so to all those non contracted shoe players who can ball in what they like they decide to lace up the X's...heck i mean even players on teams like OKC have worn brons in game and if it was me i wouldnt dare wear a pair of shoes made for the guy that beat me for the championship IMO that says alot about the shoe in general!
This is really true come to think of it. I rarely ball in my LeBrons (hardly ball at all 
laugh.gif
), but the 10s exceeded my expectations when I used them. I feel vulnerable in a low-top such as the Kobes. Nonetheless it all comes down to personal preference.

My blue diamond popped.  I actually went through FL (where I purchased them) and they replaced them no questions asked.  Jades might be harder to find to replace.
Yeah I bought mine at foot locker too. I'll have to go this weekend and see if they can stock locate a pair.. Probably not, but worth a try..
I know they have a size 10 of the blue diamonds in footlocker at massapequa mall if your from NY. I'm hoping nothing happens to my prisms from ballin.
what about a sz 13?
Dont know but you could call and ask. I only know cuz tiger had a 10 on display.

And the worst execution for posting in a thread goes to clevelndBRONfan... :smh:

On his topic tho, judging by his name of course he's not buying Kobe's. From someone who owns both shoes and have hooped in both, I'll take Kobe's any day of the week. The Xs are comfy but they are too high off the ground and no forefoot flex points make this one bulky *** shoe. Cushioning is great, total package is disappointing. Add in the fact that Kobe's are cheaper and you can replace the cushioning when it gets worn out makes it a no brainer, also lower and lighter...

Just my unbiased opinion to counter a very biased one lol.

Replace the cousioning? You mean buy another insole from Nike for $50-60 instead of another pair of shoes of $140? That's a horrible idea, Nike is smoking crack at that price.

And the worst execution for posting in a thread goes to clevelndBRONfan...
mean.gif

On his topic tho, judging by his name of course he's not buying Kobe's. From someone who owns both shoes and have hooped in both, I'll take Kobe's any day of the week. The Xs are comfy but they are too high off the ground and no forefoot flex points make this one bulky *** shoe. Cushioning is great, total package is disappointing. Add in the fact that Kobe's are cheaper and you can replace the cushioning when it gets worn out makes it a no brainer, also lower and lighter...

ill admit now im bias cuz i dont like kobe, but we were comparin kobe low to a lebron high top, personally i dont see how ppl can say tht the X isnt a good bball shoe while every1 is sayn tht a ton of dudes in the NBA is usin the shoe yea thts a great point, but not my main reason, no1 talks about the ankle stability...this lebron X has the best ankle support of any shoe ive ever worn and has one of the biggest airbags making ur foot feel like ur havn sex wit the shoe, on the other hand the kobe is a low....ive been playn ball for YEARS and any1 who knows about rolling an ankle of twistn an ankle or havn toe problems knows they need support. I will never ball ina low cut bball shoe, no support i hope u guys overstand wut i sayn

The denims are garbage, the corks on the other hand are unbelievable, no shoe will ever be like it again
I rather have the denims over the corks..  No white bottom, and denim last a really long time, thats if they use actual denim...

I rather have the denims over the corks..  No white bottom, and denim last a really long time, thats if they use actual denim...
hey, think if they use actual denim i can throw my X's in the washer machine with my jeans to get the dirt off lol

And the worst execution for posting in a thread goes to clevelndBRONfan... :smh:

ill admit now im bias cuz i dont like kobe, but we were comparin kobe low to a lebron high top, personally i dont see how ppl can say tht the X isnt a good bball shoe while every1 is sayn tht a ton of dudes in the NBA is usin the shoe yea thts a great point, but not my main reason, no1 talks about the ankle stability...this lebron X has the best ankle support of any shoe ive ever worn and has one of the biggest airbags making ur foot feel like ur havn sex wit the shoe, on the other hand the kobe is a low....ive been playn ball for YEARS and any1 who knows about rolling an ankle of twistn an ankle or havn toe problems knows they need support. I will never ball ina low cut bball shoe, no support i hope u guys overstand wut i sayn

anyone that balls on a serious note uses ankle braces or ankle support instead of relying on the shoes. mids wont save your ankle for getting blown up.

anyone that balls on a serious note uses ankle braces or ankle support instead of relying on the shoes. mids wont save your ankle for getting blown up.
more support the better lol, but i think ina "low" u are more susceptible to rolln an ankle or twistn an ankle, jus me...i agree a mid or high top wont save urself from rollin it or twistn all the time but wen it does happen being ina "low" and twistn ur ankle is ALOT worse then rolln it or twistn it n shoe tht has more support around the ankles

This. I broke my ankle and had a grade three sprain I still ball in Kobe's but use ankle braces.

id only get the denims in hopes i could trade for the corks.

denims dont look that bad tho. my opinion has shifted some. :smh:

The denims are garbage, the corks on the other hand are unbelievable, no shoe will ever be like it again

So you officially became a 'sneakerhead' last month eh? The year before it was the 'China & Galaxy' IX, prior to that it was the 'South Beach' VIII, and so forth. You're delusional if you think Nike will not milk the limited\Cork\NSW hype. There will be many, many more sneakers like this.

id only get the denims in hopes i could trade for the corks.

denims dont look that bad tho. my opinion has shifted some. :smh:

I'd take the Denim joints over the Cork joints any day of the week. Apart from the 'Air Unit' popping, they look way more durable. Both the upper and the outsole will stand up to abuse.

I think that hot pink just kills the shoe. No idea why they chose that particular color for the sole/midsole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom