Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I would add that the zoom is little more low profile than on the reg. X's, making for better feel and better responsiveness. One of my all time fav shoe models.
low profile and max zoom 
pimp.gif
 need to try the x elites. I have the crimson but never balled in them. Will wait to scoop a vnds pair on ebay

Last edited:
What's up fellas. Been heavily in the XI and XII thread last 2 years (not necessarily posting a ton) but totally skipped out on the Xs.

Getting straight to the point, I really want to try the X elites out for hoop. I'm really interested in playing in a max zoom setup. Joints just aren't holding up like they used to and I think my body could really use the cushioning.

Few questions:

Anybody still hooping in these? Feedback given that there are a ton of new basketball sneakers on the market since then?

Good price for the total crimson elites ds?

Sizing? For reference, my tts is 9. However, needed a 10 in the lebron IX (toe box was crazy short), size 9 in the XIs (pretty narrow but length was good) and a size 9 in the XIIs (very comfortably once the lateral posite broke in).

Thanks guys any info is appreciated!
many pages back in this thread i shared pretty much the same journey. was in a hyperdunk, that was fine for a while. got a KD5 that was cool too then too much patella paint on footstrike and i'm balling 2-3 times a week but you know, a lil bit heavier now, less strong, rehabbing injuries etc. I happened to not like the X so went for a hyperposite first but they didnt fit well (wide footer) so I got the most basic X i could find, the regular grey and white prism. 

I loved em. Fantastic setup. Looked at what nike was planning on making in the future with removable insoles and more lunar and decided to stock up. Quick recap so you have additional info.

regular X sits a bit higher, fits true to size, easy to lace tighter if you have a narrow foot (but under size 13 shouldnt matter as much)

elite X sit a bit lower to the ground and are MUCH narrower at the ankle and in some cases shorter. like comparing insoles the elite is actually shorter than the regular. So most of us half sized up on the elites. I went full size up on my superheroes those were extra short.

i love both. will be wearing em till im 40. 

Appreciate you sharing that with me elrolio elrolio

Should be delivered Wednesday so hopefully I can put in a few hours that night.

Age and injuries man, 2 things you can't avoid! In my prime hooping years I sat around 130-135 lbs (5'6"). Was extremely lean and quick to the rack. Add about 10 years, injuries, and 30 more lbs and my game was forced to the 3 point line.

Lightweight, low, with tons of responsiveness was what I wanted, just doesn't agree with my game now. It's whatever though. I have no hoop dreams other than being able to continue to play and be active lol. If these can extend my years on the court then I'm all for it!

^ curious to see how you like em as a smaller dude. I'm 6'4 220 and these are my GOATs. Elites at least, I haven't hooped in regular x's. I will say I wasn't sure at first because they felt too high off the ground. I got used to it soon and they're my favorite shoe for ball now.

^ curious to see how you like em as a smaller dude. I'm 6'4 220 and these are my GOATs. Elites at least, I haven't hooped in regular x's. I will say I wasn't sure at first because they felt too high off the ground. I got used to it soon and they're my favorite shoe for ball now.
Is the court feel that much of a difference? Multiple people are saying this now so I'm about to pull them out for a side by side
laugh.gif
 I do know for a fact that the regular X are pretty high off the ground. Wore the Jades and Xmas a lot.. Did not know the elites were any different until now maybe cuz I only own the crimsons and rarely wear them

Did you guys check out the hyperposite 2? Seen em in store and the copper pair actually looks good. Hard to see them being better than the X or X elites though cuz these were Lebron's sig

Last edited:

I'll find out soon enough. Kobe 5s were my go-to for several years. Before that it was the huarache 2k4s. And before that were Answers 1-4 lol. Been rockin the XIs and XIIs the last 2 years. Went to Kyrie 1s and those tore me up in just 2 sessions smh.

What's up fellas. Been heavily in the XI and XII thread last 2 years (not necessarily posting a ton) but totally skipped out on the Xs.

Getting straight to the point, I really want to try the X elites out for hoop. I'm really interested in playing in a max zoom setup. Joints just aren't holding up like they used to and I think my body could really use the cushioning.

Few questions:

Anybody still hooping in these? Feedback given that there are a ton of new basketball sneakers on the market since then?

Good price for the total crimson elites ds?

Sizing? For reference, my tts is 9. However, needed a 10 in the lebron IX (toe box was crazy short), size 9 in the XIs (pretty narrow but length was good) and a size 9 in the XIIs (very comfortably once the lateral posite broke in).

Thanks guys any info is appreciated!

Still hooping in these, have several pair actually. This shoe and the Air Jordan 12 (2004 retro bred version) are the only shoes that I have ever been running down the court in an actual game and the thought, man I can really feel the cushion in these shoes.

The elites actually feel better as far as the cushion and impact protection goes. I've said this before, if I wear something outside of the Lebron 10 elites, my joints will let me know the next morning. I went with my normal size on the Dades, but every pair of Crimson's I tried on were too small. Never had the superhero's or the home version.

You might get lucky with a seller in a FB group. I've seen a couple pairs of the highs by themselves in VNDS/DS condition going for like 1.1-1.4K in different sizes. A 12's definitely gonna be on the pricier side though.

Last edited:
I'm in love :pimp:

View media item 1420241
You guys don't need a performance review. But these were everything I expected and more from a performance standpoint. I'm literally mad at myself for not giving these a chance a few years ago. My knees and back don't even feel like I just hooped for 2 hours. Thank you to everyone who gave me their opinion on these!

View media item 1420274

:pimp: nice bro

Crimsons are sick. At first I didn't know if I wanted such a bright shoe but they really grew on me. so glad I copped. You can find some steals on elites now, but I feel like the window is probably closing.

Good to see this thread still going strong!

I am possibly grabbing my first ever EXT model Bron, and my question is on sizing....I've heard the X EXT's have a little more room in them than the regular version.

I'm wondering if I should go down half a size on the EXT X from the regular X?

I have a super narrow foot, and just looking at them, it looks like they are pretty thin in comparison to the regular version.

Obviously, trying them on is probably out of the question!

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I am possibly grabbing my first ever EXT model Bron, and my question is on sizing....I've heard the X EXT's have a little more room in them than the regular version.

I have a super narrow foot, and just looking at them, it looks like they are pretty thin in comparison to the regular version.

I'm a 12.5 in X and can even do a 13 in the Elite.  Size 12 fits perfect in the Corks and Mints for my narrow foot.

I went down half a size because there is no padding in the ankle. Very thin. Either way you should be fine.

I'm a 12.5 in X and can even do a 13 in the Elite.  Size 12 fits perfect in the Corks and Mints for my narrow foot.
I went down half a size because there is no padding in the ankle. Very thin. Either way you should be fine.
Excellent guys, thanks very much.  

To be honest, I really want to go down half a size to make this work, and I think the way my feet are so narrow, it will, but thought I should ask first since I don't own any.

Really appreciate the feedback.  
nthat.gif

Excellent guys, thanks very much.  

To be honest, I really want to go down half a size to make this work, and I think the way my feet are so narrow, it will, but thought I should ask first since I don't own any.

Really appreciate the feedback.  :nthat:

No problem. The X had some nice EXT's. Good luck. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom