Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas Fellas... No need to get all riled up....

See Nike has folks turning on each other with no pics released yet to the public...

Its comin... its comin...

Well better one's anyway.

Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

I don't like where the shoe game is going. Nike's training us to accept paying $300 retail for a pair of balling shoes that will get demolished anyway, as all balling shoes do.
Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315
I know there will be options and the standard one is priced reasonably. But I'm sure they'll release some hot colorways available in + only, e.g. big bangs, south beach etc.
What nike has done is have a look on ebay and saw lebrons going for $300+ and thought "why should resellers get 300 for a shoe when we can get that? When what they should have realized is that they created this situation but not producing enough units and they should be doing that instead of jacking up the price. At this rate by the 2014 season retail will be $500.

Good thing reebok has got some really good retros coming out

Nobody is training you to do anything. Unless you can't think for yourself and just buy whatever Nike throws at you. I for one will not be part of this. I love the Lebron Elites and I'm sure the X+ will bring on the heat as well but no way am I supporting those prices. Nike can keep on dropping $250+ shoes for all I care. I'll just keep it movin. And if ever that price range becomes the norm for a Nike sig then that's the day I'll quit this shoe game for good.
I'm not talking about myself in particular, consumers in general are being  trained to consider 250-300 basketball shoes as the norm. I wouldn't spend more than $200 for a basketball shoe.
 Where I'm at the elites sold out in about a week, and the hypedunk+ is heading in the same direction. What conclusions do you think nike will draw from this? That they can get away with pretty much any price they want as long as the shoe is desirable enough, even if it doesn't have a computer chip in it, as the south beach elites proved.

heres my 2 cents...

LeBron's playoff shoe prices:

2010: $150
2011: $250
2012: $315

A price increase of $165 in 3 years.. ***I know this is NOT the regular version price of his shoes*** .. and the worst part of all, is that there is no good reason for this much of a price increase.. I don't believe that Nike's latest and greatest "technology" costs that much..and anyways the YEEZY 2s have none of Nike's best technology yet those are $245..at the end of the day Nike is a business and I don't think everyone realizes that

and im with gentry on this, i love the 9 Elites but i'm not about to drop 250 for them.. the best thing people can do is to just not buy them, but not everyone is gonna do that unfortunately

Originally Posted by AKALONGSTROKE

The real reason to make a three hundred dollar purchase for ANY shoe, is that it is indeed high in quality, then also excelling in durability. Obviously we expect them to look good as well, but the insult here, at least for me it is, is that I can get an even higher quality shoe, one that is durable, good looking, then fitting well, from other companies. Outside of the swoosh, there is nothing on LeBron's shoe that tells me that they are better than the 1, 2, or 3, with those shoes being in a lower price range, then also being of higher quality, than what is being called Elite today.
I don't ever remember the swoosh chipping off of any of the aforementioned shoes, nor one ripping in half with someone stepping on them during in game situations, regardless of who stepped on them.
Agreed 100%. It is nothing more than marketing on Nike's part as they have been making 'Elite' product for years at affordable prices.

The difference then and now is that the thirst for Nike product is at an all time high and the same for the younger generation's disposable income.

Not sure if this has been shared or not.  Earlier I stated there was very exposed flywire, Nike might be having second thoughts on this and changing that because of the possiblity that folks may cut the flywire, then try to return them for a new pair.

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Not sure if this has been shared or not.  Earlier I stated there was very exposed flywire, Nike might be having second thoughts on this and changing that because of the possiblity that folks may cut the flywire, then try to return them for a new pair.

If workers had common sense, the cut line of one cut on a line cut by scissors would be straight. The cut line from breaking would be more ragged looking.

or is it that nike knows the exposed flywire has a good chance of breaking on its own, just like the "Kevlar" 
laugh.gif
 laces in the elite 9s

Originally Posted by vood99

The real reason to make a three hundred dollar purchase for ANY shoe, is that it is indeed high in quality, then also excelling in durability. Obviously we expect them to look good as well, but the insult here, at least for me it is, is that I can get an even higher quality shoe, one that is durable, good looking, then fitting well, from other companies. Outside of the swoosh, there is nothing on LeBron's shoe that tells me that they are better than the 1, 2, or 3, with those shoes being in a lower price range, then also being of higher quality, than what is being called Elite today.
I don't ever remember the swoosh chipping off of any of the aforementioned shoes, nor one ripping in half with someone stepping on them during in game situations, regardless of who stepped on them.
Agreed 100%. It is nothing more than marketing on Nike's part as they have been making 'Elite' product for years at affordable prices.

The difference then and now is that the thirst for Nike product is at an all time high and the same for the younger generation's disposable income.

Very good points here, Nike is taking advantage of the shoe epidemic and therefor they're increasing their prices. And why blame Nike, when price meets demand, I'd increase prices too and take advantage of all the idiots willing to put down their parents hard earned money. $315 for the + model is not worth it, especially for an average Joe.
laugh.gif
I mean seriously for a $135 more than the base model, how many times are you going to test how high you jump or how fast you run, its not going to get you into the NBA. If you're working at McDonalds, who cares about achieving those attributes
laugh.gif
. Nike is the only company increasing their prices to an all-time-high, other companies still make excellent products with great quality material at affordable prices. To the majority on this board, please have some dignity & stop buying shoes at ridiculous prices, Nike knows and their starting to take advantage of you.

Yeah, Nike is not doing anything any other business would not do. They gauge the culture of sneakerheads and then plan accordingly. When they see shoes flying off the shelves at ridiculous prices just because it's a "dope" colorway or because LeBron wore one type of color in a game, they think "well, they'll buy anything that has enough interest generated behind them" and thus, we have these upwards of $300 shoe prices.

When the economy is still relatively shaky, obviously the materials going into the products are not going to be of utmost superior quality, and they will try to increase profits no matter what. When a used car salesman tells you that this car has "absolutely nothing wrong it, drives like a beauty, no flaws" do you believe him? I say "SHOW ME THE CARFAX!" (I'm just playing).

Since we got no CarFax's for shoes, y'all just gotta use your head and realize that the only way Nike will stop doing +!%% like this is if we as a consumer base decide not to feed the beast and buy these ridiculously priced shoes. Then they'll mark them down and everyone can enjoy some reasonable prices. Till then though, I'm sure cats are lining up somewhere right now for the next damn release and Nike doesn't see consumers in line, they just see $$$ signs everywhere...

Originally Posted by Sk33terMcG33

Yeah, Nike is not doing anything any other business would not do. They gauge the HYPE and then plan accordingly.

Fixed.

People keep talking about the 350 price tag without talking about the 180 price point. The lebron 8 retailed for 160, and the 9 170. I don't care about the elite/playoff model but the regular retail is rising and folks are more worried about the 4-5 models of the elites coming out...

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

If workers had common sense, the cut line of one cut on a line cut by scissors would be straight. The cut line from breaking would be more ragged looking.
jackie-chan-

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

People keep talking about the 350 price tag without talking about the 180 price point. The lebron 8 retailed for 160, and the 9 170. I don't care about the elite/playoff model but the regular retail is rising and folks are more worried about the 4-5 models of the elites coming out...
You are absolutely right on this. They have the ridiculously high priced X+ for $315 to ease the pain of the X GR being $180.

My advice to everyone is unless you need NEW shoes for balling season, just be patient and grab your sneakers on sale. It is NOT hard to get GRs for 20%-30% off MSRP - don't buy into the hype machine on the internet, twitter, etc...

Originally Posted by RipC

jackie-chan-
laugh.gif
I once had a cut line of one cut on a line cut.
laugh.gif

haha my bad- if the cut on one line was completely straight, then you should know that it was cut by scissors etc..

Originally Posted by RipC

jackie-chan-

Been awhile since I laughed this hard on NT... Needed that

Originally Posted by Big Nasty

I feel like the 9's took a step back from the 8's and 7's.

10's are going to right the ship!

The IX's were a huge step forward if anything. The VIII's were the step back if anything ha. 

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

Originally Posted by vood99

Very good points here, Nike is taking advantage of the shoe epidemic and therefor they're increasing their prices. And why blame Nike, when price meets demand, I'd increase prices too and take advantage of all the idiots willing to put down their parents hard earned money. $315 for the + model is not worth it, especially for an average Joe.
laugh.gif
I mean seriously for a $135 more than the base model, how many times are you going to test how high you jump or how fast you run, its not going to get you into the NBA. If you're working at McDonalds, who cares about achieving those attributes
laugh.gif
. Nike is the only company increasing their prices to an all-time-high, other companies still make excellent products with great quality material at affordable prices. To the majority on this board, please have some dignity & stop buying shoes at ridiculous prices, Nike knows and their starting to take advantage of you.
Great post guys, great post.
smokin.gif

Can we start a petition to close this thread and have WITNESSkb24 start a new one? No offense to OP, but I like the way the IX thread was always updated on the 1st page.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom