Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SHUGES

Can we start a petition to close this thread and have WITNESSkb24 start a new one? No offense to OP, but I like the way the IX thread was always updated on the 1st page.
laugh.gif

shoot........ im down with that.

DItto....

I thought it was understood.. Start a thread like this and you accepted full responsibility for its upkeep.

Dont buy a house if you dont plan on cutting the grass... Home Owners gonna get testy.

Originally Posted by nmilner

Originally Posted by Big Nasty

I feel like the 9's took a step back from the 8's and 7's.

10's are going to right the ship!

The IX's were a huge step forward if anything. The VIII's were the step back if anything ha. 
9s had better color ways, but 8s were a better model of a shoe

The IX's were a huge step forward if anything. The VIII's were the step back if anything ha. 
Basketball-wise, yes. Design-wise, no.

I cant agree with this.  If the 8's got the same treatment as the 9's cw's wise....... the 8's would have blown the 9's out the water.  Shoot the 9's ID.... how can you compete with that?  If the 8's had ID, my girl would probably have broken up with me.....lol

i disagree

but the lebron line hasn't stopped taking steps backwards since the IVs, (VIIs weren't bad tho)

I've been waiting for Nike to do a 360 Zoom Max cushioning unit for 2 years and it's finally coming!!!
The 360 air max unit is pretty thin for an air max
I wonder if they are going to keep that same thickness?
Because if you go thinner along with removing the thermoplastic pillars and putting in tensile fabric then the thermoformed unit will compress under less weight so they might have to make it as thick if not thicker to keep it from popping so does it defeat the purpose?
Because zoom is all about being low profile and I'm sure Nike wants it to be lower to the ground. Although they can put more air in without having the pillars, the Thermoformed midsole has to be able to withstand compression. I wonder if the TPU lateral wing on the tech specs covers the lateral side of the air bag too prevent bottoming out and keeping the base of the shoe stable
OK enough rambling
As for the sample pic. It looks good. But I'm not getting too excited until I see some clear photos and good angles.

The hell you talking about fam?  The 8s are amazing.  Great leather or suede, super comfy, great looking.  The 9's are meh.  The elite's look better, but not 250 bucks nice.  They just were stingy on releasing lots of colors for the 8s.  The changed their minds with the 9s because theyre not good looking.

Originally Posted by Heshua

The hell you talking about fam?  The 8s are amazing.  Great leather or suede, super comfy, great looking.  The 9's are meh.  The elite's look better, but not 250 bucks nice.  They just were stingy on releasing lots of colors for the 8s.  The changed their minds with the 9s because theyre not good looking.
this man knows.

the 7 & 8 we
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
shoes but the colors released were meh

they had to release all those colors for the 9s or they wouldve sat.

Ever since Ken Link left, LeBron's line has gone straight downhill. What Nike has done is to raise the prices, just to make fans of his line think that they are getting something special. For some strange reason, some people think that the more some things cost, the better they must be. Also, factor in that some dudes think that their kicks will get them laid due to their exclusivity and price, a precedent has been set by those who are thirsty enough to spend.

I'm glad I didn't grow up during the internet age.....
laugh.gif

a lot of people buy lebron shoes for casual use, that's why the VIII and IX were so popular (along with the CW's, limited stuff)...i think more people are more concerned about whether they would look good with jeans rather than how they'd do on the court....just my thoughts

Originally Posted by AKALONGSTROKE

Ever since Ken Link left, LeBron's line has gone straight downhill. What Nike has done is to raise the prices, just to make fans of his line think that they are getting something special. For some strange reason, some people think that the more some things cost, the better they must be. Also, factor in that some dudes think that their kicks will get them laid due to their exclusivity and price, a precedent has been set by those who are thirsty enough to spend.

laugh.gif
I disagree on the first statement - each 'Bron shoe has been unique in it's own right. Some have stronger designs and following while others are weaker.

I will agree with everything else you said and add that the Internet age killed more than sneakers.

Originally Posted by vood99

laugh.gif
I disagree on the first statement - each 'Bron shoe has been unique in it's own right. Some have stronger designs and following while others are weaker.

I will agree with everything else you said and add that the Internet age killed more than sneakers.

I agree with you, each shoe in his line has been unique, no doubt about that. But I guess from my perspective, I am looking for a complete BASKETBALL shoe, not something to simply wear with cargo's and jeans. For me, the LBJ III was a complete basketball shoe, finished from top to bottom. It was durable, so durable that the laces wore out before the shoe did. As soon as Petrie got involved, it became a celebrity shoe, with Clark Kent leading the way. Nice guy, but Clark is no ball player. 

OK:
When you cut something with SCISSORS the line is a fine line (that means straight and perfect BTW)

If you rip the flywire, the wire is ragged. 

Simple enough?

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

OK:
When you cut something with SCISSORS the line is a fine line (that means straight and perfect BTW)

Simple enough?
no

Originally Posted by vood99

laugh.gif

I agree with you, each shoe in his line has been unique, no doubt about that. But I guess from my perspective, I am looking for a complete BASKETBALL shoe, not something to simply wear with cargo's and jeans. For me, the LBJ III was a complete basketball shoe, finished from top to bottom. It was durable, so durable that the laces wore out before the shoe did. As soon as Petrie got involved, it became a celebrity shoe, with Clark Kent leading the way. Nice guy, but Clark is no ball player. 

Yes, you're 100% on the money about the shoes being more fashion oriented these days. You can thank 'marketing and hype' for taking precedent over 'form and engineering'. I was reminiscing about older sigs having 4-5 colourways tops. Home, Away, ASG, Playoff and one Navy colourway - all of which could be rocked on court. If you wore some of these new colours on the court without bringing your A game you'd be clowned and/or frowned upon!

Originally Posted by ToroTrigger

OK:

Simple enough?
no
ummmmmm. yes...................I understood what he was saying before he even corrected himself, but i will try to explain. 
There are signs that show when something has been intentionally broken or if it broke due to a flaw. Insurance companies rely on such signs to tell if someone is trying to commit insurance fraud. . 

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by ToroTrigger

OK:

Simple enough?
no
ummmmmm. yes...................I understood what he was saying before he even corrected himself, but i will try to explain. 
There are signs that show when something has been intentionally broken or if it broke due to a flaw. Insurance companies rely on such signs to tell if someone is trying to commit insurance fraud. . 

gotcha

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

a lot of people buy lebron shoes for casual use, that's why the VIII and IX were so popular (along with the CW's, limited stuff)...i think more people are more concerned about whether they would look good with jeans rather than how they'd do on the court....just my thoughts

word. I've never balled on my lebrons.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

thats real though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom