Official Legit Tip Thread for the Nike Kobe 8 System

Welcome to the Official Legit Tip Thread for the Nike Kobe 8 System Thread!

Be sure to follow Niketalk's rules of conduct at all times.

NO BUYING/TRADING/SPLITTING IN THIS THREAD.

Also, please AVOID SPORTS TALK on this thread.

Step One: Check out the tongue!

- A fake pair of Kobe 8s will have a screen printed Kobe Logo with a Snake around it.

- A legit pair will have a sowed on Kobe Logo.

-A fake pair of Kobe 8s will have a tongue that is really flimsy

- A legit pair will have a sturdier tongue in general.

LEGIT Kobe 8 (you can see the sowed on tongue)

Pic from Sole Movement

Fake Kobes (Look, and see how shiny the screen print is)

Step Two: Look at the Box

- For Starters, the Label on the Box of a Legit Kobe 8 should read "Kobe 8 system"

- Fakes have a label that reads "ZOOM Kobe VIII " there should not be any zoom associated.

- Fake Kobe 8s have a simple color description. For example, the color description on the fake "nike zoom Kobe viii" purple gradient simply reads "Purple/Black"

-Legit Kobe 8 System Purple Gradients have something along the lines of this "court purple, fiberglass etc" (in otherwords, many colors ive never heard of lol)

-Fake Kobe 8s have a Chinese label on them. CHINESE LABEL= FAKES

- Legit Kobe 8s USUALLY have a store label from footlocker or champs if bought in store, so look for that as an indication. usually 10 digit numbers

- also legit boxes have a tag that can be torn off (so if there isn't one don't panic, look for torn edges) that has suggested retail on them, usually 140$

Legit Label*

View media item 343424

Fakes*

574-Nike%20Kobe%208%20System%20Easter%20Purple%20Gradien4.jpg

I ordered a pair of Easter Kobe's off eBay it came with a fake box (smaller than my other kobe 8 boxes and a different yellow) wasn't as sturdy as my other Kobe's and the tongue logo was screen printed :/

I don't know if there are any fake grade school shoes made.

Ill post more helpful tips tomorrow.

im busy right now.

I ordered a pair of Easter Kobe's off eBay it came with a fake box (smaller than my other kobe 8 boxes and a different yellow) wasn't as sturdy as my other Kobe's and the tongue logo was screen printed :/
try to return it. sorry to hear that bro.
frown.gif

Beginning to see a few Kobe 8 "What the Kobes" out there. Anyone please help with identifying featured of the replicas. Thank you!

Beginning to see a few Kobe 8 "What the Kobes" out there. Anyone please help with identifying featured of the replicas. Thank you!
I usually check for the Engineered Mesh (EM). You should be able to find the KB24 right below the laces and the 2 diamonds right below the KB24. Since online pictures do not usually capture this unless the design is minimal (like elites or superhumans), I just try to look for the EM texture, which is holes in various places.

I look at the logo on the heel. Some shoes are supposed to have only the 2 stripes while some has the full logo. Christmas, BHM, supernaturals, blue corals, sulfurs have only two stripes. "greater china" (GC) versions of the shoes mentioned have a full logo. purp grad, red camo, blitz, volts, graffiti, asgs, easters, etc. have full logos. A quick google search will allow you to find what logo belongs to what shoes.

There is this tape that runs along the shoe. width and symmetrical placement is very important. while most kobe 8s are symmetrical when it comes to this, some fakes, like the BHM, show very wide tape placement. Even if it may be legit, I would stray away from that just for aesthetic purposes.

I look at the ankle curve. The ankle curve should be very pronounced. A lot of fake Kobe 8s, like MCs, have very flat ankle curves. Again, a quick google search will allow you to compare the ankle curves.

The box is usually a dead giveaway. No matter what the circumstance, the style code should match the tag of the shoe. If the label says Nike zoom Kobe, it is a fake. It should say Kobe 8 System. If the top of the box says Kobe VIII System, it is a fake. It should say Kobe8System. A quick google search will allow you to see what the font should be. 

Sometimes, a certain pair of shoes will have different insoles. The fake MCs have a small flimsy insole that says nike elite instead of a green lunarlon insole. Check what the insole looks like. Of course, sellers may just swap it out so you may refer to the other features above to determine authenticity. 

lastly, i look at overall shoe shape. Though that sounds very vague, there are those replicas that just look either too bulky...or too narrow...or whatever. Just google search a legit pair and try your best to compare.

*This is for Kobe 8 Mambacurials: Because the swoosh is placed on the tip of the shoe, there should be a "ghost swoosh" on where the swoosh check is supposed to be. All it is is an outline of the swoosh check. MCs have translucent bottoms. You can always make out a clear part on the bottom of the shoe. The tape that is mentioned above does not fully cover the interior side of the shoe. It should stop right before the huge NIKE words. anything that overlaps that is fake.  

I hope this helps anyone who is suspicious of any online listings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom