Official Life After College Thread - Grad School/Jobs/Internships/Fellowships/Etc

I'm applying to several fellowships, programs, internships and law school (taking the LSAT this month). I'm interested in either getting into theeducational field or professional sports world. Hopefully I can have some options that I can tell you guys about. I'm working as hard as I can so that Idon't end up at some desk job that I regret later; I've been in school for too many years to not find something meaningful/worthwhile.

What about everyone else?

Shoot just keep sending your resume to what you are interested you'll find something. I'm tryna get into sports broadcasting. I interned at this newsstation all summer,
now I'm a in-studio camera operator. It's not what I really want to do but you gotta start somewhere

I am working on my application to the peace corp, I just want a break from grad school.

i'm taking the lsat this month too. heard more people will be applying to law school this year than ever because of the economy, but what can you do

If you're interested in the educational field. I highly suggest teaching abroad or working at your local alumni university (if you have pride in it ofcourse).

But especially teaching abroad since there are programs looking for new graduates and those who are willing to be invested in the educational field. SomethingI'm looking into in the meantime before I work full-time in the corporate world.

hahaha how you gonna bump your own thread.

when you say professional sports, you mean as a professional athlete or front office kinda stuff?

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

I'm applying to several fellowships, programs, internships and law school (taking the LSAT this month). I'm interested in either getting into the educational field or professional sports world. Hopefully I can have some options that I can tell you guys about. I'm working as hard as I can so that I don't end up at some desk job that I regret later; I've been in school for too many years to not find something meaningful/worthwhile.

What about everyone else?
Do you go to SC?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am working on my application to the peace corp, I just want a break from grad school.
Im jw....not trying to thread jack.

Do you have to pay back your Students Loans while your working for the peace corp? Or will it be deferred while you are serving?

Just started the MSA program at my university. In the process of studying for my CPA exam, so much work but it will pay off soon.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Do you have to pay back your Students Loans while your working for the peace corp? Or will it be deferred while you are serving?

i believe you can defer it.. but i heard it's tough getting into the peace corps outside of the volunteer stuff. maybe i was misinformed.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Do you go to SC?
No I go to SDSU, you ?

Also, I'm trying to work in the front office
I was going to say you shouldn't have any issues in Southern California if you're connected to the "Trojan Family"
pimp.gif

but I have no idea about SDSU
grin.gif

It will be deferred after you've began your time at Peace Corp. One of my good friends is about to go through with it, lucky for him.

just landed a job after some months of searching. salary isnt great but hey im not complaining. moving to another city in a few weeks. first time ill be livingaway from family. but its only 2.5 hours away so im not stressing it. probably gonna start mba next fall.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i believe you can defer it.. but i heard it's tough getting into the peace corps outside of the volunteer stuff. maybe i was misinformed.

It is damn near impossible, I have two family members who were in it though,so I am hoping it works out.

Back
Top Bottom