Official Lifestyle Advice and Development Thread

Let's make this a thread for life advice and even for what you're doing to make life better. Whether it's talking about a book or nutrition, anything that enhances life should be mentioned. That along with any advice you seek.

So past 2 years been pretty difficult, more than other year

Especially past 3 months. Dads sick in the hospital.

Overall I've been depressed and anxious for 11 years. Mainly anxiety though. Depression is there too.
I went to college for 4 years but didn't graduate. The anxiety and depression held my studies back and mainly I just wanted to chill with friends and drink and party. Not like I didn't want to do good in school but the focus wasn't there. It really does get difficult with depression and anxiety. Now with my dad in the hospital I want a change. I want to be more productive.

Also in addition, I'm no dummy. Haha. I got really good grades in high school when I had a tutor who ended up sort of being like a mentor. Unfortunately I went to college then and it's not like we were best friends. I was just his student. Now with no degree I'm not too sure what to do with my life. I have 2 years left for my major and going back to school is too expensive for me. Also I kind of regret not doing solething like studying medicine or business. Too many regrets. What should I do to end this cycle of anxiety and failure?

Thanks to whoever read that lol

Last edited:
Who said you were a failure? Are you in jail doing a double life sentence?

Having the picture perfect hallmark postcard life is the furthest thing from true happiness/reality.

Now for your school. If your gonna truly let a university add two more years of debt to your balance. Make sure that degree/ job is going to make you happy going to work everyday.

If possible find a job that offers tuition reimbursement. That could help with the financial load.

Depression is hard. Try to get to the root and make life adjustments to get those thoughts out of your head.

Surround yourself with positive people and things that you enjoy and make you happy. Try counseling maybe mentors and talking to someone will help

Lastly being happy is relative to how you perceive your position.

Add acts of self love into your mix. Like Yoga/Running/Longboarding/Surfing/Meditation/Yoga. Find positive fun hobbies. Become more well rounded individual

Thanks guys. I've been addicted to fat burners for a while now too so I'm gonna taper off those. Just been difficult trying to do that with my dad in the hospital.

Gonna get off these fat burners then turn to meditation and strict nutrition. Might not have too much time for other hobbies because of my dad but getting off of a stimulant, meditating, eating healthy, and reading books will be a positive change. Maybe throw in a little cardio or in home exercise if I get the time.

Make sure you are lifting bro.that can bring your spirits up. That feel when you feel a high from lifting.you just be cheering and chuckle at yourself.

Visit the stay in shape thread

Stop drinking and be sober for a while till you get a hold of things.

Start reading

And if you are looking for a book to pick up for this very subject check out ,te gorilla mindset by mike cernovich.cant tell you how many times I've seen this book recommend.

Organic apple cider vinegar to give you a lil pick up during the day.

Just found out about that.

Organic apple cider vinegar to give you a lil pick up during the day.

Just found out about that.
man I just read up on that, does it really work?!? How long have you been doing it?!?
Yep.grabbed a bottle today and noticed it about an hour or so later.

They say to drink a bit when you wake up ,the middle of the day and in the evening.

Heard it's good for your skin also.

Link
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-7518.html?highlight=Apple+cider+vinegar#top

Word, gonna swing by Whole Foods and grab some today! 

Another thing I'm gonna start doing, and something I recommend, is exercising willpower. The first one is getting off of my fat burners, but after that Im gonna throw in weekly exercises. So for a week I'm only going to use my left hand to use my phone and send texts, the week after I'll eat only vegetarian food, the week after that I'll take only cold showers...things like that

meditation also helps with willpower but it should be done everyday

@sckid20  not enough mang. Especially since I'm taking these fat burners I can actually feel legit energy and hydration when I drink water lol. Thanks for the reminder. 

and @Andretti  good stuff. I miss lifting. I used to do it a lot and thats when my mind was the most clear and I had the most energy. Lifting is definitely something I gotta get back to. I'll check out that book too bro thanks.

Last edited:
If you are a young entrepreneur, or you know working for 40 years and hoping to retire at 65 is not for you, I would suggest checking out Peter Voogd. He has a book called 6 Months to 6 Figures and a podcast on iTunes called "Young Entrepreneur Lifestyle".

Amazon product ASIN B00QJITFC6

Addicted to fat burners? are you seeing a doctor to make sure your vitals are good and your health is in check?

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I've always been a naturally fit and healthy individual. I drink a bit more than I should and a smoke cigs. I'm turning 27 next year so I've been thinking of making some lifestyle changes. My mother eats a ginger clove daily and suggests I do the same and I'm also reading about the apple vinegar. My question is: is it possible that introducing these foreign substances to my body could have adverse effects? Is possible that my body has found a level of homeostasis and something new, even considered good, might **** me up?

Honestly I would say no. I'd go ahead and try out. If anything, you might feel a whole lot better taking it since you never have.

I would try those along with taking essential supplements everyday like Vitamin C, D, Zinc Citrate, probiotics, and I've read that Reishi Mushroom is a good one to take.

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I've always been a naturally fit and healthy individual. I drink a bit more than I should and a smoke cigs. I'm turning 27 next year so I've been thinking of making some lifestyle changes. My mother eats a ginger clove daily and suggests I do the same and I'm also reading about the apple vinegar. My question is: is it possible that introducing these foreign substances to my body could have adverse effects? Is possible that my body has found a level of homeostasis and something new, even considered good, might **** me up?
They're both pretty harmless natural substances. You shouldn't experience any negative effects as far as I know.

I regularly use ginger to help with my digestion. Due to my high opiate dosage my bowels aren't exactly working as well as they should and I do notice some minor improvement with the ginger.

Last edited:
ACV detoxifies the liver. If you've been drinking and smoking you're obviously going to have more of a toxic load on your liver than normal. ACV is just acetic acid. There's not much to it and it won't harm you other than possibly your tooth enamel. Always dilute it.

OP

FYI Alcohol is a depressant and therefore, if you were/are currently suffering from Anxiety / Depression, it is best to stay away till you get yourself 100%. This is a fact. Instead of using Alcohol as a clutch, try to hit the gym or perhaps get into running - you must get yourself into an activity. The main thing is consistency ! It opens up doors, my friend.

_

Last edited:
ACV detoxifies the liver. If you've been drinking and smoking you're obviously going to have more of a toxic load on your liver than normal. ACV is just acetic acid. There's not much to it and it won't harm you other than possibly your tooth enamel. Always dilute it.

Yea, that's why it appealed to me. I know my liver definitely needs some detoxing. But what if my body already is accounting for the excess and has adjusted itself? Does this happen? And introducing this new acid in might cause bedlam.

Not really seeking advice cuz I know the solution.

Just checked my spending tracker...like 50% of what I spend is on food. Not groceries, but take out and snacks. That is disgusting. I know how to cook too I'm just lazy.. Imagine what my money would look like if I cut out that spending. Gotta get right going into the new year.

Last edited:
Not really seeking advice cuz I know the solution.

Just checked my spending tracker...like 50% of what I spend is on food. Not groceries, but take out and snacks. That is disgusting. I know how to cook too I'm just lazy.. Imagine what my money would look like if I cut out that spending. Gotta get right going into the new year.
The point of creating the tracker is to see what nonsense you spend money on and eliminate it. Mine has helped me a lot in this regard and food was also my biggest culprit.

Back
Top Bottom