yessir
pimp.gif

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/hip-hop/
[h1]Lil B Signs Tour Deal With Live Nation, Holds Major-Label Hopes[/h1]
By Ian S. Port, Tue., Mar. 29 2011 @ 11:26AM

Categories: Hip-Hop, Local Frequency

Share11

0diggsdigg
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]So Based.[/td][/tr][/table]​Hope you're not sick of hearing about Lil B yet, but if you are, you might want to just fast-forward through 2k11. It's shaping up to be a pretty Based year, what with the Berkeley's rapper's MTV appearance, XXL Freshman class cover, SXSW appearances (juiced up by Diddy and Odd Future), and even a new single that sounds basically like, well, a good rap song.

And now this: Long an irregular presence on the live stage -- over the last year, the Internet star played two sold-out shows to ministers of the blogosphere in New York, but no headlining hometown sets -- Lil B recently inked a deal with tour giant Live Nation for a string of shows around the East Coast and the Midwest. He also lined up a headlining show at Mezzanine here in San Francisco, set for April 21.

"It's for sure the first [Bay Area] show of this new era of people being aware of Lil B," his manager, Sebastian Demian, tells SF Weekly. It might also be a sign of what's in the future for Brandon McCartney, a 21-year-old member of East Bay rap collective the Pack. The Live Nation deal is only four shows and two festival appearances, but Demian says he's hoping to expand that to a larger tour. And the fact that Live Nation made a deal with Lil B -- an independent artist who isn't signed to any label -- is surprising on its own. Demian says the people he worked with Live Nation couldn't remember making such an agreement before.

http://McCartney's unsigned status could also change soon. Though the rapper cherishes his independence -- and has risen to notoriety solely by crafting a ubiquitous presence online -- Demian says he's heard from multiple major labels interested in signing Lil B. We're in talks with some labels," Demian says. "We're very much excited about bossing up."

The next step, though, is taking Lil B's live shows -- which have received mixed-to-negative reviews -- to a bigger audience. Many of his fans are young, and finding an all-ages venue for the rapper (who is barely of drinking age himself) has been a challenge. But Lil B is approaching live shows the same way he approached social networking sites: the more, and the more frequently, the better: "We hope to take it all over the country and spread the message of based thinking," Demian says. "[He made] over 100 Myspace pages. Over 100 videos on YouTube last year. Now we'll do over 100 shows."

Even without touring, Li B has penetrated curiously far into the national culture -- and not just in the world of hip-hop. A UC Berkeley professor used B's video "Age of Information" in a class. Demian says the web-savvy rapper recently did an interview for Wired magazine. And he's even got a documentary -- called,. of course, Basedworld -- coming out this summer. So, Lil B skeptics and haters, better cover your ears (and eyes!) now.

Linky

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/hip-hop/
[h1]Lil B Signs Tour Deal With Live Nation, Holds Major-Label Hopes[/h1]
By Ian S. Port, Tue., Mar. 29 2011 @ 11:26AM

Categories: Hip-Hop, Local Frequency

Share11

0diggsdigg
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]So Based.[/td][/tr][/table]​Hope you're not sick of hearing about Lil B yet, but if you are, you might want to just fast-forward through 2k11. It's shaping up to be a pretty Based year, what with the Berkeley's rapper's MTV appearance, XXL Freshman class cover, SXSW appearances (juiced up by Diddy and Odd Future), and even a new single that sounds basically like, well, a good rap song.

And now this: Long an irregular presence on the live stage -- over the last year, the Internet star played two sold-out shows to ministers of the blogosphere in New York, but no headlining hometown sets -- Lil B recently inked a deal with tour giant Live Nation for a string of shows around the East Coast and the Midwest. He also lined up a headlining show at Mezzanine here in San Francisco, set for April 21.

"It's for sure the first [Bay Area] show of this new era of people being aware of Lil B," his manager, Sebastian Demian, tells SF Weekly. It might also be a sign of what's in the future for Brandon McCartney, a 21-year-old member of East Bay rap collective the Pack. The Live Nation deal is only four shows and two festival appearances, but Demian says he's hoping to expand that to a larger tour. And the fact that Live Nation made a deal with Lil B -- an independent artist who isn't signed to any label -- is surprising on its own. Demian says the people he worked with Live Nation couldn't remember making such an agreement before.

http://McCartney's unsigned status could also change soon. Though the rapper cherishes his independence -- and has risen to notoriety solely by crafting a ubiquitous presence online -- Demian says he's heard from multiple major labels interested in signing Lil B. We're in talks with some labels," Demian says. "We're very much excited about bossing up."

The next step, though, is taking Lil B's live shows -- which have received mixed-to-negative reviews -- to a bigger audience. Many of his fans are young, and finding an all-ages venue for the rapper (who is barely of drinking age himself) has been a challenge. But Lil B is approaching live shows the same way he approached social networking sites: the more, and the more frequently, the better: "We hope to take it all over the country and spread the message of based thinking," Demian says. "[He made] over 100 Myspace pages. Over 100 videos on YouTube last year. Now we'll do over 100 shows."

Even without touring, Li B has penetrated curiously far into the national culture -- and not just in the world of hip-hop. A UC Berkeley professor used B's video "Age of Information" in a class. Demian says the web-savvy rapper recently did an interview for Wired magazine. And he's even got a documentary -- called,. of course, Basedworld -- coming out this summer. So, Lil B skeptics and haters, better cover your ears (and eyes!) now.

Linky

pimp.gif

Excellent 
pimp.gif

I like what he's doing.

Gettin that cake and still blowing up to a bigger fan base w/o the majors.

justblazebased.png

nerd.gif

Is Lil B Still Your God? VIBE Decodes The Based Misfit's Odd Scripture
VIBE.COM By: Tray Hova Posted 3-29-2011 3:37 pm

Tags:

lil b

http://www.vibe.com/content/power-god

lil%20b.png

His madcap raps and pretty boy swag have confounded and captivated hip-hop. But is Lil B gimmick or godsend? Tracy Garraud takes a leap of faith with hip-hop's most interesting oddity. 

Lil B’s nuttiness must have a source. Somewhere in the confines of his head lies the reason the 21-year-old rapper has become hip-hop’s beloved prince of absurdity with a penchant for alarmingly low-cut V-necks. Maybe it started with Lester, his Slim Shady-esque personality who visited for a week in 2005 (his childhood bestie claims it’s too grim to get into). It could stem from a middle-school love for natural disasters (“I liked science

i still get a
indifferent.gif
 from my peoples everytime i bump lil b

when in reality, he's doing alot better that these new rappers with major deals. they will soon believe...

and big ups to based god for making history!! livenation with no major deal
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 #swag

^ man, I remember when one my boys laughed at me for bumping BG and used to say he was weak. Then one day I changed his mind when I played one of his songs in my car. He now stays bumping BG. I have literally converted like 2 of my boys to Basedism

[h1][/h1]
[h1]For VCU, A New Meaning for ‘Swag’[/h1][h3]By Ben Cohen[/h3]
Virginia Commonwealth’s basketball team, for all it has accomplished on the court in March, can brag yet another achievement. The Rams have taken a new term from slang to meme. The 11th-seeded Rams have adopted a one-word motto as something of a mantra throughout their improbable postseason run: swag. Sneaking into the NCAA tournament, first of all, was swag. So was beating teams from the Pac-10, Big East, Big Ten and the ACC. Before the Elite Eight, VCU coach Shaka Smart told his players they were going to knock off the Big 12′s best (swag). Then they did just that, toppling Kansas to make the Final Four (swag swag). All of this raises an important question for basketball junkies unfamiliar in the ways of swag. What exactly does it mean?

“It’s you being you—doing what you want to do and not worrying about what anyone says,†said Brandon McCartney, the rapper known as Lil B, who popularized the term. “Swag is being you. This is me, talking how it is. This is my swag.â€

And swag swag?

“Swag swag, that’s that trademark,†he said. “Everybody says swag once. I say swag swag, twice. That’s how you know it’s me. Swag swag. It’s that ultimate bam-bam. You know what I mean? That double dosage.â€

(Neither is to be confused with the other slang definition of swag: freebies handed out at parties or conventions, or “stuff we all get.â€)

The 21-year-old McCartney hails from the West Coast, though he has performed with the Southern rapper Soulja Boy, responsible for the popular single “Turn My Swag On,†and his manager has roots in Richmond. Yet this upstart VCU team has taken to his colloquialism as if he were a proud alumnus decked in black and gold. After the Rams upset Purdue in the round of 32—swag, but not quite swag swag—they rejoiced in the locker room with something called the Cooking Dance, also credited to Lil B, who was immediately alerted on Twitter. On Tuesday, Lil B required just three characters to express his loyalty: “VCU,†he tweeted.

In a way, of course, Smart’s team epitomizes McCartney’s notion of swag. Earlier this month, college-basketball experts lambasted the NCAA tournament’s selection committee for including VCU, a 9,999-1 longshot to win the national championship at one point this season. (“That’s the biggest number we can put in the computer,†said Jay Kornegay, the Las Vegas Hilton’s sports book director.) Because VCU was relegated to a play-in game, the school wasn’t even entitled to its own line in many brackets. Yet Smart, VCU’s 33-year-old head coach, turned this rhetoric into motivation for his team, which won five straight games in one of the most remarkable streaks the NCAA tournament has ever seen. Lil B, who doesn’t consider himself a basketball fanatic, wasn’t all that familiar with the details of its Cinderella run, but he admitted that he sympathizes with VCU because of it. He’s even considered hopping on a plane and showing up unannounced on campus.

“I’m rooting for everybody, but VCU is who I’m rocking with right now,†he said. “They’re the underdog. I’ve got faith in the underdog. Swag out, everybody.â€

Link

Swag
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom