Official Lil B Thread: Black Ken Is finally coming! TYBG

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ "I Got Aids"

i appreciate the message he's sayin on "i got aids"
pimp.gif

the basedgod velli cover is horrible though. pac looking like he got DS
laugh.gif

This is trash...I support the man and his efforts towards a better society but I just listened to I'm thraxx and it completely eclips his recent material.

how is this young dude spitting ancient bars???

there must be a catch to this.. i thought the catch was on his not so serious songs. i guess thats what you can call it then i keep listening and it gets weirder the things he says.

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

This is trash...I support the man and his efforts towards a better society but I just listened to I'm thraxx and it completely eclips his recent material.
Really? I've only heard the 1st two songs and it sounded better than a lot of his recent material that I haven't been feeling

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Really? I've only heard the 1st two songs and it sounded better than a lot of his recent material that I haven't been feeling

Trash is harsh but it came out of frustration...The mixtape isn't that but it does drag on as the mixtape comes to a close. Lil B stopped being personal and is trying to teach us now(Thats cool but it's ALL the time now). What about the fans that actually have a head on their shoulders? What about the anthems? Where's his heartbreak and pain? Even his wild out cookings songs are a shell of what they used to be(say someones name multiple times and the characteristics you both share). I can see that he's tired of making the "woo woo swag" music or maybe is chilling on them (because its probably destroying any chances of him gaining the respect he desires). Is this what the Basedgod raps about when he's living well? If he's so bent on teaching/helping then explain why, where did it come from? Also, he's going so hard with the stream of conscious flow...
remember when he had quotables and dudes on here actually posted his lyrics...

The song that comes to mind when I write this is "Last Summer"...Thats how he really felt...those were his stuggles.

I feel you bruh. I'm just now listening to it and the crazy thing is I like it. A lot. Like I don't remember the last tape I really vibed with. Plus son sampled DJ Shadow and I can't think off top what he sampled on Clouds but the OG song goes "Where are we going....We should be slowing.....down" Damn this is pissing me off. But I admit it's not touching The 1st 3 red flames, Blue Flame, Thraxx, Angels Exodus or 6 Kiss but it's very VERY solid

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I feel you bruh. I'm just now listening to it and the crazy thing is I like it. A lot. Like I don't remember the last tape I really vibed with. Plus son sampled DJ Shadow and I can't think off top what he sampled on Clouds but the OG song goes "Where are we going....We should be slowing.....down" Damn this is pissing me off. But I admit it's not touching The 1st 3 red flames, Blue Flame, Thraxx, Angels Exodus or 6 Kiss but it's very VERY solid

Yeah, at the end of the day its a decent tape...waaaay better than +!@*! mob. Knowing B he will eventually do a mixtape that touches all grounds "I forgive you" & "Illusions of Grandeur" but until I get that...I'll stick to the tapes you mentioned.

King Cotton
pimp.gif

as far as the content on this mixtape goes...its follows along the line of the rest of his material...as far as being 'positive'

Dude just needs to go back to writing it down, I Forgive You is the only mixtape I think had him freestyling well. Sometimes I can deal with him not rhyming but sometimes these pauses just mess up the flow. Production wise this was pretty good.

I dunno what you folks are babbling about, but I like this... A LOT. I didn't really like "I Forgive You" or "The Silent President" too much but this one jams.

I'm just waiting on him to release a project where he puts it all together a la 6Kiss. His flow has been sucking lately. Terribly... Doing that stream on consciousness flow TOO much. Why can't he spit the same messages while using say DOR, Walk The World flow or somethin. And some dope cooking songs

I feel like he does have some dope %%#% stashed away waiting for the right time... but still. Better to put out good material less frequently than saturate the scene with OK mixtapes.

Back
Top Bottom