Official Lil B Thread: Black Ken Is finally coming! TYBG

The homie Meka's Lil B writeup on XXL.
[h1][/h1]
[h1]
columnist-meka.jpg

[/h1]
[h2]Lil B… Good For Hip Hop[/h2]
NEW Monday May 17 4:29 PM CDT posted by Meka

I’ve been called many things, but lately I’ve been referred to as a surly individual. However there’s one thing not many people know about me: I’m a fan of all things silly/light-hearted/quasi-******ed. Take Ray J, for instance. He may come across as some venereal disease-ridden, so-called smooth operator who inexplicably tagged Kim Kardashian, but when I see him I think of little Willie Norwood a/k/a the kid who used to get chased around the locker room after PE class to avoid catching fades from the bullies back when we were short-lived classmates in junior high.

And that’s the thing with hip hop; most of the public personas we all see are nothing more than that. Unfortunately, we’ve spend so much time on those representatives that most of us never know of the other sides of that proverbial coin. Think about it: most of youse by now think I’m some reclusive hermit teetering on the edge of destitution who relies on half-assed posts as my primary source of income.

If this was 2007 and I was still writing for the good ship Amistad, you may have been right.

A few years ago I was one of those elitist type of rapster fans that felt that anything minutely unintelligent was blasphemous to the culture of hip hop. But as I got older and more cynical I realized that most of the nignorance abound in rap should be taken with a grain of salt. So I find it rather humorous that a person like Lil B from The Pack could be taken serious in rap’s hipster/half-$+@ hardcore humdinger. When some friends introduced me to his stuff a few months – particularly his magnum opus “Like A Martian

i agree with the dude meka a bit, cuz i think now adays its not so much about the music but the characters cause we have the choice to either buy or free download and dudes like bangs and gucci and lil b are the ones that provide the joyess entertainment of laughter or w.e that makes us wanna invest in the genre.

Is it good for music or the youth? well first the youth needs to grow up and and realize that the songs are funny cause they are wrong way of thinking and in no way to be taken seriously, a character like lil b lives in a world that combines his true life with a fictionalized world thats carefree.

i think that his concept of BASED is probably the Biggest Cultural Contribution to Hip Hop since the 90's because it dismisses one of the biggest taboos.. Homosexuality

His carefree rhymes mock the lyrics of dudes like Plies and fake stories of even skilled lyricists.. i think ppl that once u listen to lil b you'll never take a rapper serious again

and i dont feel rappers should be taken serious until they put the garbage talk behind them and say something uplifting. Until then ALL RAP is mindless music to me.

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

i agree with the dude meka a bit, cuz i think now adays its not so much about the music but the characters cause we have the choice to either buy or free download and dudes like bangs and gucci and lil b are the ones that provide the joyess entertainment of laughter or w.e that makes us wanna invest in the genre.

Is it good for music or the youth? well first the youth needs to grow up and and realize that the songs are funny cause they are wrong way of thinking and in no way to be taken seriously, a character like lil b lives in a world that combines his true life with a fictionalized world thats carefree.

i think that his concept of BASED is probably the Biggest Cultural Contribution to Hip Hop since the 90's because it dismisses one of the biggest taboos.. Homosexuality

His carefree rhymes mock the lyrics of dudes like Plies and fake stories of even skilled lyricists.. i think ppl that once u listen to lil b you'll never take a rapper serious again

and i dont feel rappers should be taken serious until they put the garbage talk behind them and say something uplifting. Until then ALL RAP is mindless music to me.

Clearly you aren't really a fan of Rap.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I used to be.. but now i favor r&b alot more.. Rap is just not in style anymore.. played out

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah this is a prime example of "You made some points and mixed it in with some dumb +##@"

Back
Top Bottom