OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

Amazing.What another great series.

I don't think I can handle another game 7 tho :lol:  

I came up ona  few rally towels that people left behind in their seats. :lol:

Let me get one of those rally towels B :smokin

Man what a game. I was visiting the girl when she was at work so I missed the majority of the first but when I checked the score I was glad i did :smh:

It seemed really bleak TBH. I wasn't throwing in the towel but I had little hopes. We really had no answers and we were playing desperation ball when we still had a lot of game to play. Although the rim was not nice to us on a lot of 3s we took too many instead of going for easy 2s. Plus too many players passing when they could have gotten an easy 2 or a foul.

4th Q was wild. My friend I was chatting with gave up with like 6 minutes left after KD hit one of those ridiculous shots. I said to myself oh god this is last year all over again. And then the rally started. CP on KD was awkward but it worked. And how is this 7 foot 14 lanky foo never getting called for fouls :smh:

Great finish by DC and when Jamal hit that 3 i lost my mind. Then the wind caused my HD signal to freeze in the last 40 seconds of the game!! I had to scramble to find my remote to switch to SD just in time to see OKC was within 2 and the watch the heaven sent miss by Westbrook. I had yelled that loud since Game 7 of RD1!!!

Tomorrow's game is gonna be intense. I'm not expecting a W but I'm hoping for better defense and less 3 point attempts

Maybe it was because I wasn't watching the game and was just checking the score on my phone, but I maintained some level of hope because we were never completely out of striking range. But we have to play better. The gimmicky way we ended up winning yesterday was great, but probably won't work again. We need to shoot, defend and board better.

Let me get one of those rally towels B :smokin

Man what a game. I was visiting the girl when she was at work so I missed the majority of the first but when I checked the score I was glad i did :smh:

It seemed really bleak TBH. I wasn't throwing in the towel but I had little hopes. We really had no answers and we were playing desperation ball when we still had a lot of game to play. Although the rim was not nice to us on a lot of 3s we took too many instead of going for easy 2s. Plus too many players passing when they could have gotten an easy 2 or a foul.

4th Q was wild. My friend I was chatting with gave up with like 6 minutes left after KD hit one of those ridiculous shots. I said to myself oh god this is last year all over again. And then the rally started. CP on KD was awkward but it worked. And how is this 7 foot 14 lanky foo never getting called for fouls :smh:

Great finish by DC and when Jamal hit that 3 i lost my mind. Then the wind caused my HD signal to freeze in the last 40 seconds of the game!! I had to scramble to find my remote to switch to SD just in time to see OKC was within 2 and the watch the heaven sent miss by Westbrook. I had yelled that loud since Game 7 of RD1!!!

Tomorrow's game is gonna be intense. I'm not expecting a W but I'm hoping for better defense and less 3 point attempts

lol the HD signal froze up when westbrook started his drive, by the time we figured out what was going on everyone looked up the score on their phones. The non hd channel was working fine.

Even when we were up double digits in the 4th I thought we would lose. And I would have been fine with that cuz I know we had no business stealing Game 4. But to lose on what was clearly a bad call by the refs is what really angered me. When CP3 hit that jumper to give us a 7 pt lead I thought we had it. All we had to do was hit FT's. It didn't even get to that 
laugh.gif

I'm thinking about selling my tix to the next game. I don't see us recovering from this and I'm not tryna spend money to see us get eliminated 
mean.gif

Officiating aside, I'm a big proponent of not worrying about things you can't control and CP's strecth in the final 50 secs was just flat out inexcusable and is what really cause us the series and a chance at a chip IMO.

Why try that stupid *** cheap attempt to get 3 FTs with 17 seconds left UP 2? Like why? You always try it and the refs NEVER give you 3 FTs, and in at least one instance as a Clipper, he threw it at the rim anticipating a foul and the refs didn't blow the whistle and it resulted in a TO. Just the stupidest **** I have ever seen.

Don't do that and we aren't talking about the fefs circumventing the rulebook on the out of bounds (dont want to win on a ref missing a foul on Barnes anyway) or the 3 Fts (which we cant tell if he touched his wrist or not).

And the offense in the last 3 mins was a complete joke, 35 ft jumpers possession after possession. The one time they actually ran a pick and ROLL with BG and not a bailout pick and pop, they get FTs out of it. That prevent offense was all too reminiscent of the VDN days. Just an awful display by both the Clippers and the refs today at the end of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Officiating aside, I'm a big proponent of not worrying about things you can't control and CP's strecth in the final 50 secs was just flat out inexcusable and is what really cause us the series and a chance at a chip IMO.

Why try that stupid *** cheap attempt to get 3 FTs with 17 seconds left UP 2? Like why? You always try it and the refs NEVER give you 3 FTs, and in at least one instance as a Clipper, he threw it at the rim anticipating a foul and the refs didn't blow the whistle and it resulted in a TO. Just the stupidest **** I have ever seen.

Don't do that and we aren't talking about the fefs circumventing the rulebook on the out of bounds (dont want to win on a ref missing a foul on Barnes anyway) or the 3 Fts (which we cant tell if he touched his wrist or not).

And the offense in the last 3 mins was a complete joke, 35 ft jumpers possession after possession. The one time they actually ran a pick and ROLL with BG and not a bailout pick and pop, they get FTs out of it. That prevent offense was all too reminiscent of the VDN days. Just an awful display by both the Clippers and the refs today at the end of the game.
100% with you. CP3 HAS NEVER GOTTEN THAT CALL. EVER. NOT ONCE. I bet he learned today. 

I literally told myself we were running VDN plays towards the end. Jamal 35 ft threes. We choked.

All that being said the refs still ****** is in the ***. Like I said, if we would have blown the game without that call i have no problems with the result. We Choked. They Choked Game 4. It Happens. But the refs ****** up. Even if they call it a foul Jackson can only tie the game. There is much less pressure shooting a game-winner when the game is tied than when you are down one. CP3 tried to be too perfect on that last shot where as he prolbably would have taken the jumper form the FT line which is usually cash. 

So either we go to OT or the refs give us the ball and we get to shoot 2 FTs up 2 with 11 seconds left.

Unreal. Hard to watch at the end. Refs could be blamed, but i agree with you guys... Clippers choked that game away.

Gotta win 2 straight now. Was REALLY hoping not to have to go back to OKC for Game 7.

i couldnt believe what i saw ,, 49 seconds left up by 7.That was one of the biggest meltdowns, refs did blow that call and i dont even think cp3 fouled westbroook to be honest. Props to kd thou he stepped up big time when it counted

Look, the Clippers won game 4 which gave them a chance to have game 6 on their home floor. As bad as the ending of game 5 was, it's over. And they still have a chance to win game 6, and this series. OKC blew game 4, and came back and won game 5. It's the clippers turn to rebound in the same manner.

I think the Clippers take games 6 & 7 honestly due to the simple fact that the more this series plays out, the more it's evident that the Clippers flat out have the better team. Far superior players. Hopefully, they can continue to take advantage of that in game 6.

What I hope is that the Clips don't go into game 6 with a hangover from game 5 and have a defeatus attitude towards the series. The series still can be won. Just take it one game at a time. Game 6 at the crib. Just come out and win.

I'm still sick I don't even have words.

And it wasn't that last bad call it was the fix throughout the game. How are our bigs gonna be in super fould trouble going in to the 3rd? How is DJ gonna foul out with 0 points? Whenever is that possible?

We fell apart in that last minute I'm not gonna lie. Everyone did what I said needed to happen to win this game. Barnes, Redick, Blake and CP all performed on the points side of things. Jamal had a rough game but his and 1s saved it.

I haven't lost hope. Aside from us playing our best KD was shut down or just unmotivated.

Bottom line OKC refs screwed us in that game. And although towards the end they sort of made up for it by letting them play at certain times, the one sided officiating did us in.

Let's hope we come out with the same motivation that we did yesterday after stealing game 4.

I'd much rather possibly lose in game 7 then pack it up at home in game 6.

Look, the Clippers won game 4 which gave them a chance to have game 6 on their home floor. As bad as the ending of game 5 was, it's over. And they still have a chance to win game 6, and this series. OKC blew game 4, and came back and won game 5. It's the clippers turn to rebound in the same manner.

I think the Clippers take games 6 & 7 honestly due to the simple fact that the more this series plays out, the more it's evident that the Clippers flat out have the better team. Far superior players. Hopefully, they can continue to take advantage of that in game 6.

What I hope is that the Clips don't go into game 6 with a hangover from game 5 and have a defeatus attitude towards the series. The series still can be won. Just take it one game at a time. Game 6 at the crib. Just come out and win.

KD doesn't want it man. Westbrook out there playing how a hungry player should be playing. Just like CP3. Jordan, Kobe, Lebron they all play angry to get that fire going for the game.

I'm hoping hes lethargy sticks in game 6.

I'm still struggling to convince myself last night really happened. Its surreal man. We did everything we needed to for 47 minutes and 20 seconds and then all hell broke lose. Hopefully, Doc and the players just remember how they mostly dominated that game and do the same things Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom