OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

kinda crazy the next game is at home but its at wednesday already

crazy schedules with little to no rest then fine load managements and penalize you by disqualification from awards if you get hurt

i appreciate the new load management rules but damn, they got to meet the teams/players in the middle, before the road trip the team had a 4 day rest, why not make that a 2 day rest and have a game in between?

crazy schedules with little to no rest then fine load managements and penalize you by disqualification from awards if you get hurt

i appreciate the new load management rules but damn, they got to meet the teams/players in the middle, before the road trip the team had a 4 day rest, why not make that a 2 day rest and have a game in between?

Lue was pissed about this too.

Lue was pissed about this too.
And for good measure we get a team in the Pelicans that we’ve historically often had a hard time with. LOL.

What an impressive road trip! There were many times during this road trip that they could've checked out and blame the scheduling for a loss or 2, but the group found ways to win. Even in the Cavs game, they were competitive! This group is special and by far the best Clipper squad we ever had IMO. Kawhi is a monster and pray we continue to see him play at this level for the remainder of the season. His latest run is a reminder of why we gave up so much to ensure he plays for the Clippers. Dude is unreal! 6-1!!!

The Defense has been somewhat concerning but I'll caulk it up to them being on the road for the last 13 days. Some home cooking should help, at least I hope it would. But no rest for the weary, NOP tomorrow which is gonna be tough. LFG!!

And for good measure we get a team in the Pelicans that we’ve historically often had a hard time with. LOL.

i really think kawhi should be in the mvp conversation but im also not delusional in thinking he should probably win it but he does need to be up there despite harden and pg being on the same team

i mean kawhi did kind of have to carry the team this whole road trip, pg hasnt been himself and missed games and harden has been a good pg with his passes but he hasnt really scored like the usual harden, he had games where he scored 4, 9 and 11 pts and pg only averaged 17pts int he road trip, tell people that and you'd think they lost more than they won

especially on the back end of this road trip, kawhi had to take over in the first half to get them back in the game after being behind

kawhi doesnt have to win it but people definitely got to talk about it

but you cant take harden for granted either, kawhi is just playing with a true pg now because before it was a lot of this (plus the boneheaded pg turnovers):

dudes just been happy and cant even count how many times ive seen this reaction from kawhi this season from harden

1707279612629.gif

IMG_0572.jpeg

With the trade deadline looming, do you guys see any moves our squad needs or would like to see?

Our rebounding suffered somewhat when we traded for Harden but with the emergence and contributing plays of Coffey and having a 3 headed center rotation with our team chemistry at an all-time high, a part of me does not want them to disrupt anything. We are jelling and currently sit at the #1 seed in the West! It's just really comes down to our health.

Coffey has been great but I think I'd rather have a bigger wing that help on the glass.
I don’t disagree in theory, but do you have anyone specific in mind? I’m having trouble thinking of anyone we have a realistic shot at getting who I’m confident would be an upgrade over Coffey.

they got to be able to defend too though, coffey has actually been decent one-on-one and has made timely 3s and lay-ups… i just dont know who to add to this team that can contribute but wont be a setback

i think zu might solve some rebounding issues and ty already said he doesnt plan to play 3 centers once Zu is back to full time and no 2 centers at the same time either so i feel bad for theis as i think he has been good in spots and earned some minutes

its tough because once you get into the playoffs, the rotation tightens up even more so at this point you may just be stashing someone in case of an injury?

kawhi
pg
harden
mann
zu

russ
norm
coffey
plumlee
theis

thats a 9 man rotation and 10 if you give their some run but i guess another rebounding wing?

in the end, its just up to ty who he plays anyways, he loves to play small at times and they gotten back to games that way too, kawhi, harden, pg, russ and coffey finished the atl game… yah at this point im not sure who to add

I don’t disagree in theory, but do you have anyone specific in mind? I’m having trouble thinking of anyone we have a realistic shot at getting who I’m confident would be an upgrade over Coffey.

i got nothing but praise for coffey this year, he hustles, he runs, makes threes, improved midrange, defends and keeps his mouth shut… he just goes out there and plays

a week or so ago, bill simmons was saying trading mann for jeremi grant or something because he can guard and also score but i disagree, the team doesnt need anymore scoring and mann has been making spot up 3s which is all they need him for along with the constant oops. plus grant is probably gon pout being the 5th scoring options, he enjoys being a scorer in a bad team, dudes just happy to take home a check and playing 40min a game averaging 20 or pts per game

i am honestly not even sure id take him over coffey, defensive rating isnt that far off either and consider that grant plays 40min while mann and coffey doesnt

grant - 120
mann - 118
coffey - 118

being honest, the only one they might need is a better back up center, i like plumlee and theis but i feel like there are just much better centers out there but i think theyre happy with those 3, ty just maybe needs to play 2 centers against the likes of twolves though

What about an Olynyk / Bogdanović type guys? Rebounds and hits spot up 3's? Not sure if PJ and/or Bones is enough to get it done.

• Love
Reactions: HIM
What about an Olynyk / Bogdanović type guys? Rebounds and hits spot up 3's? Not sure if PJ and/or Bones is enough to get it done.
I think Olynyk would be great on the Clippers, but knowing Danny Ainge’s style, he probably wants some draft picks for him that we can’t offer.

I’m good on Bogdonovic though. He really only provides scoring and that’s not an area of need for us.

bogdan or bojan? :lol:

pass on olynyk, plumlee and theis better defender me thinks and better rebounder too

either way, i think other teams can offer more for them, only contending teams really could use tucker at this point

wtf was that?

can they call it out of bounds due to replay when there was no challenge? initial call was a foul then the ref from far away talked to the announce table and reversed the call, that makes no sense

that sh*t better apply both ways

Back
Top Bottom