OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

LA Clippers ‏@LAClippers · 10m10 minutes ago
The team's end of season exit interviews are going on now.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 24m24 minutes ago
Doc Rivers wants to keep the Clippers' core together next season, seemingly hoping that the sixth time's the charm.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 4m4 minutes ago
Doc Rivers: "I like our core. I like our bench. I think we're close."

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch · 2m2 minutes ago
Doc Rivers pointed to team's offensive, defensive analytics and said he wanted to keep it together as much as possible.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch · 46s46 seconds ago
Doc Rivers expects players with options to opt out.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 30s31 seconds ago
Doc Rivers believes Paul Pierce has another season in him but the decision is up to him. Pierce said on Friday he's "50-50" on returning.

Was coming in here to post the exit interview quotes. Props law.

I agree with Doc man. Clips are there man. Finally have a deep competent bench, one of the best offenses and defenses in the NBA, relatively young, it'll be tough to keep all of the pieces together, but I surely hope they do. 

Pierce needs to go to Inglewood and be a family man. Hit up the GS lounge with all the other old heads.

roll.gif
Taco Tuesdays at the Savoy are lit from what I've heard.
Man so many thick as women....

I agree with Doc man. Clips are there man. Finally have a deep competent bench, one of the best offenses and defenses in the NBA, relatively young, it'll be tough to keep all of the pieces together, but I surely hope they do. 

I agree. The more I think about it, I just don't see a major offseason move that's going to get us anywhere closer than we have been. And if we're that close, why take a step back when our best players are still under contract? I mean, if OKC calls about a Blake for KD deal or something like that, you have to consider it. But something like that, stand pat.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch · 18m18 minutes ago
Doc Rivers said he expects Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to opt out of final year on their contracts after next season.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi · 5m5 minutes ago
Doc Rivers: "The window is always closing. The window is never always opening. I don't think our window is closed though."

I agree. The more I think about it, I just don't see a major offseason move that's going to get us anywhere closer than we have been. And if we're that close, why take a step back when our best players are still under contract? I mean, if OKC calls about a Blake for KD deal or something like that, you have to consider it. But something like that, stand pat.

What incentive would OKC have to trade for Blake Griffin?

I hear people mention this scenario often, but I don't see how it makes sense for them... Especially considering how loaded their frontcourt is

I hear people mention this scenario often, but I don't see how it makes sense for them... Especially considering how loaded their frontcourt is

The incentive would be to get something for KD, if he is intent on leaving, and not let him walk for nothing. There are probably other deals that would make sense for OKC, but Blake comes up because he's from Oklahoma. Also, OKC's frontcourt is a little overrated. Ibaka has fallen off quite a bit, Adams is a decent, physical center, but nothing real special and Kanter is a great offensive player, but a total defensive liability. Blake would be an upgrade over any of them and, because of his all around game, could play effectively with Adams and Ibaka.

The incentive would be to get something for KD, if he is intent on leaving, and not let him walk for nothing. There are probably other deals that would make sense for OKC, but Blake comes up because he's from Oklahoma. Also, OKC's frontcourt is a little overrated. Ibaka has fallen off quite a bit, Adams is a decent, physical center, but nothing real special and Kanter is a great offensive player, but a total defensive liability. Blake would be an upgrade over any of them and, because of his all around game, could play effectively with Adams and Ibaka.

I hear you.

To me it makes little to no sense for OKC though... Especially how their roster is currently constructed.

I hear you.

To me it makes little to no sense for OKC though... Especially how their roster is currently constructed.
It's not idea from OKC's perspective, but if you're going to lose KD, getting Blake Griffin in return is awesome, and that's where the trade comes from. 

In this respect, the fit doesn't necessarily matter. 

I hear you.

It's not idea from OKC's perspective, but if you're going to lose KD, getting Blake Griffin in return is awesome, and that's where the trade comes from. 

In this respect, the fit doesn't necessarily matter. 

They could get Klay and Barnes from GSW which actually makes sense for both teams

Trust me I'd be ecstatic if that were to happen... But this sounds like a New York Knicks ______ is coming

nobody is saying that it will happen. We're saying thatms the only move that we'd be okay with in regards to Blake. If it doesn't happen, fine.

Also, the rumors started up when Blake was balling and KD was hurt last season. It was more of an OKC fan creation than a Clipper fan creation.

Furthermore, why would GSW trade Klay when they cna just wait and sign KD as a free agent?

Last edited:
TBH, I doubt that the Blake for KD idea would even be out there if players "going home" hadn't become a thing.

Good article. They need to make Dawsen and Wilcox a part of the rotation, especially if they lose a number of their free agents

Not really sure what to make of everything. Apparently they will be stuck in the same position as last summer, that is having limited flexibility. Still amazed at how much movement Doc was able to maneuver last season

At this point, you may have to just overpay for all these guys who don't deserve it because you won't get much to replace. Green, Johnson, Austin and Aldridge, I'd keep them honestly

Good article. They need to make Dawsen and Wilcox a part of the rotation, especially if they lose a number of their free agents

Not really sure what to make of everything. Apparently they will be stuck in the same position as last summer, that is having limited flexibility. Still amazed at how much movement Doc was able to maneuver last season

At this point, you may have to just overpay for all these guys who don't deserve it because you won't get much to replace. Green, Johnson, Austin and Aldridge, I'd keep them honestly

Last season was doc's finest job as a gm. Found some really good value on minimum deals.

Everything you said I agree with. Not finding a better backup big for dj than cole. Green is probably the best 3 we will ever get. In fact, he would be out of our price range if we didnt have his bird rights so we have to keep him.

Once rivers declines his player option it'll get interesting because i dont know what he's going to command in the open market. Regardless, I think we have to overpay for his services as well. We dont have many young prospects so a 2 way player in rivers at 23 years old is worth who is getting better is worth it.

Everything you said I agree with. Not finding a better backup big for dj than cole. Green is probably the best 3 we will ever get. In fact, he would be out of our price range if we didnt have his bird rights so we have to keep him.

This is where I'm at too. If we're not going to break up the core -- and I don't think we should -- just keep the whole group together as much as possible. There's something to be said for improvement just through continuity and player development. And we just have to hope for luck to finally break our way.

Back
Top Bottom