OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Really hope we breakthrough and make a WCF this year and be competitive in that conference final (Which I think is totally possible)

Mainly because it'll prove why you don't break up a relatively young core just because you lose in the playoffs. Since CP/Blake/DJ the western conference has changed dramatically. Just some of the things that have happened since CP came to LA to form the big 3.

Duncan has retired. Manu, and Tony Parker are old. Pau Gasol is with the Spurs now, but he's old and can't really defend anymore.

Memphis is coming into the year with Conley coming off of a blown achillies and Marc coming off a major injury and both are on the wrong side of 30. One of their key additions is coming off multiple years in which he had some serious knee issues in parsons.

OKC with the loss of Durant, Harden, Ibaka, now don't appear to be a top 3 seed anymore.

Portland is talented, but the loss of Lamarcus, Batum, Wesley Matthews, all have kind of put them down a bit in terms of hierarchy. 

These things happen over the course of years, and you can't take advantage of them if you blow your team up after every playoff failure. I don't think they win it this year but they are in a great spot to at least get to a WCF and with the competition kind of dwindling itself out, the Clips are in primed position to take advantage of that, which they wouldn't have been able to had they pulled the plug on this core. 

^^^ West is going to be very interesting next season. Right now, the only teams I'd say (assuming health) are locks for the playoffs are GSW, SAS, us and probably Portland - though I haven't loved the moves Portland has made this offseason. Dallas, Houston, Utah, the KD-less Thunder and maybe Sacramento are in the next tier. Then there's the talented, but young teams like Minny, Phoenix and Denver. Don't think any of them are ready to make the playoffs yet. Though it wouldn't shock me if the T-Wolves got in with Thibs the coach there now.

Anyway, I agree that -- again assuming health -- this season may be the best chance we've ever head to be better than a 3 or 4 seed.

Really hope we breakthrough and make a WCF this year and be competitive in that conference final (Which I think is totally possible)

Mainly because it'll prove why you don't break up a relatively young core just because you lose in the playoffs. Since CP/Blake/DJ the western conference has changed dramatically. Just some of the things that have happened since CP came to LA to form the big 3.

Duncan has retired. Manu, and Tony Parker are old. Pau Gasol is with the Spurs now, but he's old and can't really defend anymore.

Memphis is coming into the year with Conley coming off of a blown achillies and Marc coming off a major injury and both are on the wrong side of 30. One of their key additions is coming off multiple years in which he had some serious knee issues in parsons.

OKC with the loss of Durant, Harden, Ibaka, now don't appear to be a top 3 seed anymore.

Portland is talented, but the loss of Lamarcus, Batum, Wesley Matthews, all have kind of put them down a bit in terms of hierarchy. 

These things happen over the course of years, and you can't take advantage of them if you blow your team up after every playoff failure. I don't think they win it this year but they are in a great spot to at least get to a WCF and with the competition kind of dwindling itself out, the Clips are in primed position to take advantage of that, which they wouldn't have been able to had they pulled the plug on this core. 

Hate to aound like a spoiled Laker fan but would a WCF berth eem matter? If we lose to GSW, they'll likely still be better than us the following season. I would much rather get a head start if possible. I agree on giving it a shot this season though. Anyrhing can happen. Injuries always seem to kill us. Maybe GSW finally has bad luck in that regard.

spurs could had beat blazers without Lennard and and Parker. we need more people and getting rid of Blake could help. (him not playing helped our win record too)

I was a student teacher for Oscar when he was in sixth grade in Cypress. I saw him practicing at NLSC in Garden Grove during his seventh grade. I guess he moved to Lynwood and is starting for the team. Pretty cool.

Potentially good news for those of you in the anti-Blake contingent:

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 8h8 hours ago

clipperholics​.com >> Clippers Rumors: Celtics still interested in Blake Griffin trade http://buzztap.com/-0IRmkY

BUT, the rumor has us receiving only Rudy Gay (from Sacramento, as part of a 3 way trade) as part of the deal, so :lol:

Pretty sure Doc would hang up on Ainge if that's the proposed Blake trade he came with.

Just found an Authographed Marco Jaric Clipper shirt in my attic from back in the day 
laugh.gif

We signed our 3rd string PG -

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 2m2 minutes ago

clipsnation​.com >> Clippers Free Agency 2016: Raymond Felton Agrees to Deal With Clippers http://buzztap.com/-0GJAcv

I can live with Felton as a 3rd PG. He played decently for Dallas last year. I maybe would have preferred to have Pablo back, but its not a big difference.

We signed our 3rd string PG -

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 2m2 minutes ago

clipsnation​.com >> Clippers Free Agency 2016: Raymond Felton Agrees to Deal With Clippers http://buzztap.com/-0GJAcv

I can live with Felton as a 3rd PG. He played decently for Dallas last year. I maybe would have preferred to have Pablo back, but its not a big difference.

Good pickup.

Now just sign Miles Plumlee. Do it!

Good pickup.

Now just sign Miles Plumlee. Do it!

I'm definitely in favor of the Plumlee signing, but unless PP officially retires, I don't think we have any roster spots left. We formally signed Brice and Stone this week. So now we're looking at

PG: CP, Austin, Felton
SG: JJ, Jamal, Wilcox
SF: Luc, PP, Wes
PF: Blake, Brice, Dawson
C: DJ, Stone, Mo

I think we only get 15 spots and they're all filed now unless Pierce hangs it up.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in favor of the Plumlee signing, but unless PP officially retires, I don't think we have any roster spots left. We formally signed Brice and Stone this week. So now we're looking at

PG: CP, Austin, Felton
SG: JJ, Jamal, Wilcox
SF: Luc, PP, Wes
PF: Blake, Brice, Dawson
C: DJ, Stone, Mo

I think we only get 15 spots and they're all filed now unless Pierce hangs it up.

Smh. I feel like he's giving it another year.

Pierce was the worst player in the entire league last year. Please Paul...hang it up. It's been a good run. Let it go :lol:

We can pool our money together and buy him out or something :lol:

Last edited:
Again...it's VERY IMPORTANT that the Clips get off to a fast start and secure a top 2 seed.

I can't stress that enough

#1 seed, cuz. **** GS.

I'm not mad at the Felton signing at all. Gives us some nice depth at the PG position.

I live a block away from Inglewood. I'mma go tell Pierce's fam to talk to that man.

Which Plumlee is Miles? Portland? I like that Plumlee.

-edit-

It's the lesser Plumlee. I'm indifferent. He'd be a nice addition I suppose.

Last edited:
Felton actually knows how to run a team. I'd prefer him be the backup PG...move Austin off the ball as a slasher....

But Doc loves Jamal...so we know how that's going to go. This should be the year Jamal's minutes get cut. He should be around 22mpg.

Which Plumlee is Miles? Portland? I like that Plumlee.

This one. He replaced Greg Monroe in the starting lineup down the stretch. Clips really goofed letting Dedmon go to SA..but Plums is the real deal.

Athletic, good defender, low usage, hustles, rolls to the rim hard...rebounds well. 13ppg & 10rpg per 36.

Welp NVM. He signed with the Knicks :lol: :smh:

Felton actually knows how to run a team. I'd prefer him be the backup PG...move Austin off the ball as a slasher....

I'm with you. I think the second unit needs a pass 1st PG to function best. With Austin, Jamal and Mo there's going to be a lot of guys in that group who like to shoot. Need a facilitator in there for balance. Just like the second unit ran more smoothly with Pablo a lot of times last season.

Love the felton signing. Surprised that after the year he had with dallas, that he would take a lesser role minutes wise with LAC for the minimum. Win for the Clips. Same with Speights.

Looks like we're trading away CJ Wilcox to Orlando. One of my favorites. Damn.

Big CJ fan from college all the way to his time with us. wish him well in Orlando. Hopefully he gets a chance to prove he's an NBA player.

Doc lowkey is finding his way with these minimums and signings last two years,

Speights, Felton, Wes Johnson, Luc, Cole, Josh and Lance didn't work out but they were worthy gambles, Big Baby contributed while he was with us,

he hasn't been nearly as bad as he's been labeled as as a GM> The Jared Dudley situation was bad though and the constant giving away of picks sucks but I get it.

Love the felton signing. Surprised that after the year he had with dallas, that he would take a lesser role minutes wise with LAC for the minimum. Win for the Clips. Same with Speights.

Looks like we're trading away CJ Wilcox to Orlando. One of my favorites. Damn.

Yeah, I read that. For some dude who I never heard of, who I suspect we will waive to create a roster spot.

Yeah, I read that. For some dude who I never heard of, who I suspect we will waive to create a roster spot.

Devyn Marble can hoop though. Very athletic, bouncy long and wiry with a streaky jumper. His pops played in the league. I'd keep him.

But we know Doc won't play him. Just watch CJ blow up somewhere else. Doc never gave him a shot :smh:

Back
Top Bottom