OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

when you grow up at the beach, it becomes second nature. You take it for granted. I've been in Santa Monica for 30+ years. I don't ever go to the beach here anymore. Too many tourists. I'll go up to malibu or hermosa/manhattan beach to get away. Water isn't too good in Santa Monica.

You forget where you live sometimes. Moved to Sacramento for 9 months and finally realized how much i missed it here and came right back.

No better place in the world, for me, living here.

Always like Brandon Bass. Good signing.

Essentially Bass for Wilcox? Not bad

Not bad at all,

However the trend of drafting 22, 23 year olds, then signing guys to take all their minutes, and then giving them away for nothing kind of sucks.

But I get it. With a core in win now mode, you cant wait. But still.

I'll allow it. To come up with Felton, Titty head, and Bass with the spare change between the cushions is extremely impressive

I'll allow it. To come up with Felton, Titty head, and Bass with the spare change between the cushions is extremely impressive

Agree. Doc has done the damn thing this season. I thought he did a good job filling out the roster last year, but he's surpassed that this offseason, at least on paper. The bench guys are more complimentary and none of them bring any real baggage like Lance and Josh did.

We're legit deep.

However the trend of drafting 22, 23 year olds, then signing guys to take all their minutes, and then giving them away for nothing kind of sucks.

But I get it. With a core in win now mode, you cant wait. But still.

I hear you, but we're talking about very late first round picks or second round picks, for the most part. The percentage of guys picked in that range who become stars or even solid rotational players is pretty low. Would be nice to see some of our draft picks hit, but the way the team is structured right now, its just not really in the cards. I can live with it for now.

The strategy may bite us in the *** a bit when we finally have to go into rebuild mode (which could be as soon as the Summer of 2017, LOL), but we're not there yet.

I hear you, but we're talking about very late first round picks or second round picks, for the most part. The percentage of guys picked in that range who become stars or even solid rotational players is pretty low. Would be nice to see some of our draft picks hit, but the way the team is structured right now, its just not really in the cards. I can live with it for now.

The strategy may bite us in the *** a bit when we finally have to go into rebuild mode (which could be as soon as the Summer of 2017, LOL), but we're not there yet.

Nah nah I hear you

One of the main reasons why I say doc isnt nearly as bad of gm as people make him out to be is because picks 25-60, almost 50% of those guys are out of the league within five years. In CJ Wilcox's draft, you can count on one hand the amount of players who are contributing to winners.

Young guys dont play on championship teams. Still sucks but I understand it completely.

And getting guys like speights cole aldrich bass wes johnson luc, felton, big baby, doc has really done his thing as far as getting real rotation players for the low. And when things didnt work out with a hawes or a josh smith or Lance, he was able to get out of those situations with the quickness. May have sacrficied some future picks in the process, but thats standard maintenance for consisently trying to maintain the exterior of a championship core

Great signing in bass. Battles inside, consistent 15 footer. Decent defender.

I could see Felton being the pseudo #2 pg, rivers slashing at the 2 and JC getting more of his minutes at the 3.

Those 3 with chocolate chip head and, bass or play with dj. Great second lineup.

Last edited:
Brandon bass is washed, and he doesn't fit the high intensity offensive play style of LAC

And who do you think would have been a better back-up 4/5 to sign for the veteran minimum?

Bass averaged 7 and 4 last year in only 20 minutes per game for a god-awful team. Not bad, really. Not an indication that he's" washed." He's not being brought in here to be a starter or play big minutes.

Plus, he's played for Doc before. So, if Doc thinks he fits the system, I'm going to defer to him.

Last edited:
Brandon bass is washed, and he doesn't fit the high intensity offensive play style of LAC

And who do you think would have been a better back-up 4/5 to sign for the veteran minimum?

Bass averaged 7 and 4 last year in only 20 minutes per game for a god-awful team. Not bad, really. Not an indication that he's" washed." He's not being brought in here to be a starter or play big minutes.

Plus, he's played for Doc before. So, if Doc thinks he fits the system, I'm going to defer to him.
doc also let's Jamal "can't shoot for **** but chucks in people's face" Crawford hold onto the ball as much as he wants.

^^^ I agree that is an issue and is a large part of why I didn't want Jamal back. But it doesn't negate my point that we have some fast-paced, high octane offense that Bass can't fit into.

Look at it this way - Cole Aldrich had a breakout year playing back-up C on the team and he's not exactly Mr. Uptempo. Bass fits in fine.

^^^ I agree that is an issue and is a large part of why I didn't want Jamal back. But it doesn't negate my point that we have some fast-paced, high octane offense that Bass can't fit into.

Look at it this way - Cole Aldrich had a breakout year playing back-up C on the team and he's not exactly Mr. Uptempo. Bass fits in fine.
Oh yea Im not denying bass, I like him and what he did on Celtics and magic. but Aldrich is straight booboo

Nvm, I'm not eem sure what the discussion is about.

Bass is a fine signing. Cole was a great signing last year. If Bass gives us that type of production off the bench, I'll be ecstatic.

Last edited:
Nvm, I'm not eem sure what the discussion is about.

Bass is a fine signing. Cole was a great signing last year. If Bass gives us that type of production off the bench, I'll be ecstatic.

Someone said Bass is washed and doesn't fit our "system." I then basically said that if Cole could thrive in our system, when he's not an up-tempo type player, Bass would be fine. That prompted the Cole is booboo comment. And that's where we are.

Dawson gone.

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 10m10 minutes ago

clipperholics​.com >> Clippers Rumors: L.A. will waive Branden Dawson http://buzztap.com/-2zQifH

In the end, its actually doing the guy a favor, since he wasn't going to play with us. But it is getting a little frustrating that draft picks and young players we draft are pretty completely expendable to Doc. Oh well though.

Damn. I like Dawson as a player. Feel like he can be an Anthony Roberson type player the way he rebounds, hustles and defends. Best of luck to him. I like his game.

I like the Bass signing. Lakers goofed. He was probably their most productive big last year....but the young guys understandably had to get some burn. Bass isn't valuable on a team like the lakers. Very valuable on a good team though.

Who's protecting the rim on the second unit though? Speights gave up playing defense :lol:.

The bench this year is more experienced....and realizable. Less erratic. Curious to see how Wes Johnsons fits into the lineups. Pierce too. I think it's clear he's coming back :smh:.

In an ideal world...Jamal and Paul Pierce would not be on the clippers. A Felton/Austin/Wes/Bass/Speights bench lineup could be very productive, and reliable. Could use some more shooting.

If Jamal dials it back a bit and learns how to be a catch and shoot guy...he'd work. Jamal is pretty good at that.

The Felton and Bass signings were pretty good. Feels like this is a far less erratic bench that won't blow leads.

Damn. I like Dawson as a player. Feel like he can be an Anthony Roberson type player the way he rebounds, hustles and defends. Best of luck to him. I like his game.

I like the Bass signing. Lakers goofed. He was probably their most productive big last year....but the young guys understandably had to get some burn. Bass isn't valuable on a team like the lakers. Very valuable on a good team though.

Who's protecting the rim on the second unit though? Speights gave up playing defense :lol:.

The bench this year is more experienced....and realizable. Less erratic. Curious to see how Wes Johnsons fits into the lineups. Pierce too. I think it's clear he's coming back :smh:.

In an ideal world...Jamal and Paul Pierce would not be on the clippers. A Felton/Austin/Wes/Bass/Speights bench lineup could be very productive, and reliable. Could use some more shooting.

If Jamal dials it back a bit and learns how to be a catch and shoot guy...he'd work. Jamal is pretty good at that.

The Felton and Bass signings were pretty good. Feels like this is a far less erratic bench that won't blow leads.

I recently watched a lot of dawson film in the d league and I really think he's far away from being a productive NBA player [emoji]128532[/emoji]

He's positionless and really doesnt do anything close to well enough to warrant an NBA spot. Worthy gamble by LAC with the 56th pick, but you cant expect much from the 56th to begin with.

Everything else you said was spot on. I do think Doc has moved on from the pp experiment whether he retires or not. The Brandon Bass signing kind of made me think this. When you look at the clips depth chart, there really is no minutes available for PP and I think thats intentional for sure.

Im assuming lac goes in the direction of a wing with their last spot, whether they sign him or bring him along for training camp like luc did last year. Feel like it'll be someone like Gerald Green, Alan Anderson, Chase Budinger, or someone like that. Regardless though, im stoked with the amount of playable rotation players we have thus far. Hoping Wes Johnson breaks through. He's the potential 3 lac needs man.

Last edited:
I recently watched a lot of dawson film in the d league and I really think he's far away from being a productive NBA player [emoji]128532[/emoji]

He's positionless and really doesnt do anything close to well enough to warrant an NBA spot. Worthy gamble by LAC with the 56th pick, but you cant expect much from the 56th to begin with.

This. He's particularly still very, very raw on offense. And in today's NBA, a team is really handicapped by playing someone who is no kind of offensive threat at all. And, he doesn't seem like he's at the point that his defense could come close to making up for that. Wish him the best, but I'm pretty convinced at this point that he's not the next Draymond, so not too broken up by seeing him go.

surprised he can't make the roster. I loved Dawson. Thought he could be an annoyance on the defense end. Couldn't shoot a lick but that was expected.

Thought his athleticism and body would give him a shot.

I love Spartans.

Back
Top Bottom