OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

nah, its all pointless if kawhis never gon be available in the most important games

Right, but if they don’t blow it up, then get some shooters. I’m in favor of blowing it up but I doubt they do it.

Right, but if they don’t blow it up, then get some shooters. I’m in favor of blowing it up but I doubt they do it.
Just can’t see them going into Intuit Dome in rebuild mode - unless Kawhi decides to retire in the Summer.

i dont think its pre-mature to say because they can still win the series but i am kind of tired with the kawhi experience

this year was the worst yet because he was really getting going there and was elite again and played the most games in 5 years then he just goes down again and safe to say, cost the team two wins in the series

game 4 might have also guaranteed pg and harden being resigned so they are truly stuck with these guys but damn, all we ask is one year of the kawhi experience and it is also sad that they didnt take the bubble title seriously as that truly was just their best chance

weve discussed it here but a lot of luck comes down to winning a chip (like this year, a hobbled luka and okc might be able to cruise past them tot he wcf) and none of those luck fell in the clippers lap

i dont know but this team has been passed by the next gen and theres really no more upside unless they blow it up but we all know thats not happening

welp, good night fellow clip fans, just got to hope for the best becuase not much else we can do

I'm tired. Just blow it up.

Friday is our last game of the season. No biggie. I've personally known it since that late season slump we went on about a month or so ago.

Either enjoy it, or spend time doing something else more productive and less frustrating.

I choose the latter.

Last edited:
I'll add this and then leave it alone.

Like I said a few days ago, you go up 30+ on the road and end up in a dog fight? That says something about your team.

You grab the momentum in a series and have a game 5 at home, and this is what you come up with?

Game was over at the half.

Nope, not doing it anymore. I got wrinkles on my face I shouldn't have because of this team the last 4 years.

The clippers fan in me hopes for the reverse jinx in my statement... But hey... It is what it is.

When does Denver play again? *checks schedule*

the teams personality is just baffling even after all this years

they act and move like theyve won a chip and they’ll casually stroll to the next one

just this series alone, yah kawhi coming back messed things up but it also felt like everyone else chilled and sat back because kawhi was back to carry them to win the series

then last night, they knew they played great in game 4 and thought game 5 would be a cake walk and comes in with little to no energy, like pg after being so hot just became so tentative like “oh harden, you can do what you did in game 5 like that, here’s the ball and imma chill” - give credit to the dallas for the defense but pg was having his way with jones and washington and they didnt really do much to change their scheme last night, still one on one, pg was just more tentative

its just really weird and it even goes all the way back to the bubble

I've said before and I'll say it again, I'm done with the 213 Era and Ty Lue! As most of you already mentioned, I rather us rebuild and get younger. I know it's not ideal with the new arena but the last 4yrs has ended up the same w/ Kawhi injured when it mattered most. PG13 is not that dude and his focus seems to be more on his PodCast than playing elite basketball. If we can somehow get draft compensation for these 2, I would be ecstatic. Even if we somehow get past the Mavs, this group ain't beating the remaining West Teams, cuz the only way they can win is if they are shooting 60% the rest of the way which is not possible.

Ready to move on and start the re-build!

I think we’ll see some changes - Ballmer’s not going to be content to just run it back - but I don’t see a complete overhaul coming. (As I said before, subject it the caveat of Kawhi retiring, which would significantly change the analysis).

I won’t be surprised if PG’s not back. He still hasn’t gotten his extension and if puts up another stinker in Game 6, management may decide that’s enough to justify going in a new direction. Maybe we could pull off some kind of sign-and-trade involving PG and hopefully get younger.

I think we’ll see some changes - Ballmer’s not going to be content to just run it back - but I don’t see a complete overhaul coming. (As I said before, subject it the caveat of Kawhi retiring, which would significantly change the analysis).

I won’t be surprised if PG’s not back. He still hasn’t gotten his extension and if puts up another stinker in Game 6, management may decide that’s enough to justify going in a new direction. Maybe we could pull off some kind of sign-and-trade involving PG and hopefully get younger.

Having said all this, would jot be surprised if we still won this series. Then we can get swept by Shai and OKC :lol:

We definitely need some youth. Mann is probably our yiungest rotational player and he was an old rookie to begin with. He’s dman near 30 :lol:

IMO it’s no coincidence that we lack energy constantly. Always lose the 50/50 balls throughout a game. Vets (especially all stars) are not gonna dive for a loose ball, crash the boards, pick up full court, deny passes offball etc. You need guys like PJ washington, lively, jones (i know he’s the same age as Mann) to do the dirty work throughout the game. That’s what I’m looking forward in the offseason.

Last edited:
It would be kind of consistent with Clippers and PG history for us to somehow get past Dallas and then lose bad to OKC with SGA completely dominating. :lol: “Worst-Trade-Ever” memes galore.

im honestly fine with getting swept by okc, thats fine, i just dont want dallas to have that series win against the clips

and funny enough, kyrie is the only likable mavs to me, luka whines on offense

luka whines on defense, he whines with the ball, he whines off the ball, he whines when he gets the call, he whines when he doesnt get the call, he whines if his teammates get the call, he whines when his teammates do not get the call... i honestly have no idea how he has enough air in his lungs by the 4th quarter with all the how b*tch*n hot wind coming off of his mouth

pj is also super unlikable, good defense and would love to have him on your team like patbev but just despise him on the other side

It’s also pretty annoying when Luka’s doughy *** flexes and screams after he gets and and-1 call :smh:

Back
Top Bottom