***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 62-42. Get well Mookie, Yoshi, and Dustin. Thanks Paxton. 60 wins!

Dave over managing.

Should have let the kid stay until he gave up a run.
On that Fox broadcast last weekend Wainwright said he wasn't sure Doc gets re-signed because the GMs basically dictate every in-game move now based on analytics and they don't need to pay big $ to a guy who just executes their moves. I'm feeling he's right.

Yeah...

I always blame Dave but I know the guys upstairs make the decisions.

No matter what the kid should have been left in until he actually gave up a run...
Definitely not just Dave. It’s a change in the game itself. Starting pitchers just don’t have the same role they used to.

I was listening to a radio show they other day and they were saying they’re going to have to rework the traditional criteria that have been used for pitchers to quality for the HOF, which have been heavily focused on total wins, because starters just done have the same opportunities to get Ws as they used to.

Kind of like how the running back position in the NFL is different now.

Definitely not just Dave. It’s a change in the game itself. Starting pitchers just don’t have the same role they used to.

I was listening to a radio show they other day and they were saying they’re going to have to rework the traditional criteria that have been used for pitchers to quality for the HOF, which have been heavily focused on total wins, because starters just done have the same opportunities to get Ws as they used to.

Kind of like how the running back position in the NFL is different now.
Yep, and I hate both of those changes :smh:

On that Fox broadcast last weekend Wainwright said he wasn't sure Doc gets re-signed because the GMs basically dictate every in-game move now based on analytics and they don't need to pay big $ to a guy who just executes their moves. I'm feeling he's right.
I’ve always throught that Dave is there because he is great at being a “players coach” and keeps the vibes good. You need that with all these big egos/contracts. Reminds me of Phil Jackson, minus the coaching

I wonder if it was all analytics or there was some thought that, with a 4 run lead, it was a good opportunity to get Phillips some confidence if he got quickly out of the inning.

But he sucks right now, so…

Back
Top Bottom