***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread*** 8 to go. On to the NLCS!!!!!

VOLPE has one hit all Playoffs.
Dude is an auto out
Confused Little Girl GIF

Leaving in Flaherty seemed like waving the white flag after 3 innings but personally I don’t mind it, get everything set up on your terms for 6 at home.

Maybe...but going to our high leverage arms too many times could lead to what the guardians are going through. Clase getting dinged up because the Yankees have seen him every game just about.

Maybe...but going to our high leverage arms too many times could lead to what the guardians are going through. Clase getting dinged up because the Yankees have seen him every game just about.

Oh definitely. As long as we’re punting let them tee off on Flaherty or Honeywell or Knack.

That post about the Dodgers only having 2.5 healthy starting pitchers is so accurate.

All things considered they had some best case scenarios for a loss when you factor in the circumstances. Honeywell going deep into the game was huge. Kinda similar to Buehler giving them 3 more innings in game 3 of the San Diego series after that 6 run 2nd inning knowing game 4 was going to a bullpen game when facing elimination.

They have a depleted pitching rotation which they have to navigate around. If they didn’t have the starting pitching injuries they have. Maybe they approach this game more aggressively. Same if they scored more runs in the early innings.

Using extensive bullpen guys in game 5 would’ve been foolish and the quickest potential way for things to spiral out of control beyond game 5 knowing that game 6 is going to be a bullpen game. Giving their guys more looks at the bullpen would’ve had the potential to cause problems beyond game 5.

The way they handled game 5 sets up them with the best chance to get that 4th win on Sunday or Monday. Going all in to win game 5 would’ve been a major roll of the dice which would’ve had potential to put them at a disadvantage games 6 and a potential game 7.

Forgot to add. But if you’re going to lose game 5. Much better to get blown out while using minimal bullpen guys as opposed to losing a close game which would’ve justified going deep into your bullpen and having to deal with the problems from that on Sunday.

Last edited:
Idk guys, maybe it’s the competitive nature in me. But I think this game should’ve been the, “ Finished him” game.

What if Dave took out Flaherty in the 3rd 🤔.

What’s done is done, off to the next one. I guess we still gotta pay these big bats, why not have one more home game. Cha-Ching :lol:

I can see both. I agree with resting the BP tho.
It was just Mets night. Everything was going for them.
There’s basically always things to second-guess with baseball losses in the playoffs. But the Mets have been hot and I think we all expected a long series.

I’m definitely satisfied to be coming home 3-2, especially after dropping one of the 1st two games at home.

Not to say I’m not nervous about closing the Mets out, but I’m not mad/disappointed about where the series stands.

Back
Top Bottom