***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 95-64. ***NL WEST CHAMPS *** GM. 1 10/5

^^^ And it’s not like the front office isn’t doing anything. They just brought in the best player in the game.

But unfortunately adding big, splashy names every other season or so hasn’t been enough and there definitely are systemic/cultural issues with the team that need to be addressed.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos you bring up a lot of great points. But year in year out fans come and cheer (and spend a ton of $$$) and don’t hold them accountable when they choke. We’ve become accustom to it and it’s (sadly) like tradition to us :lol:

I’m on some Dodger Facebook pages and I’m already seeing the excuses rolling in. And anyone pointing out the obvious is just a negative hater. I hope they’re at least on the Dodgers payroll for their delusion.

But alot of fans just like seeing little Freddie Freeman dances after getting a double against the Rockies and taking their Dodger stadium selfies with $25 micheladas and couldn’t care less about October disappointment.

Like I was legitimately disgusted seeing Dave Roberts celebrating making the playoffs last week after they clinched. They’ve made the playoffs 12 seasons in a row. Seeing him and some of the veterans celebrating that. Just reeks of an organizational culture accepting the bare minimum.

Exactly, you can’t fault the front office with what they’re doing on the player side. Every year and trade deadline they’re bringing in talent.

I think what we can fault them for is their behind the scenes/coaching personnel. There’s obviously something there missing, but they continue with the same ideologies/process every year.

I’ll add to that. Their play in big games itself has been very alarming. But what bugs me is where is the leadership in that clubhouse? Like who is that alpha dog that’s the captain/leader in that clubhouse? I don’t see it from either of them. Great players but passive personalities. I felt this way about some of the teams in years past as well. Like who is the guy in that clubhouse who commands enough respect to call a players only meeting to address things going into another October where the signs are already starting to show.

Maybe it’s a different vibe behind closed doors. But I see plenty of top notch talent on that team. But there’s never been that vocal leader and hard nosed type of guy. Probably a big reason why it feels like they fold so fast every time they face any type of October adversity. Like as soon as the opposing team takes any type of lead, it almost feels like they give up.

I guarantee you this. None of their potential playoff opponents fear going into Dodger Stadium in October and they don’t fear facing the Dodgers in a big game playoff matchup. And they shouldn’t until these dudes perform in October.

I’ll add to that. Their play in big games itself has been very alarming. But what bugs me is where is the leadership in that clubhouse? Like who is that alpha dog that’s the captain/leader in that clubhouse? I don’t see it from either of them. Great players but passive personalities. I felt this way about some of the teams in years past as well. Like who is the guy in that clubhouse who commands enough respect to call a players only meeting to address things going into another October where the signs are already starting to show.

Maybe it’s a different vibe behind closed doors. But I see plenty of top notch talent on that team. But there’s never been that vocal leader and hard nosed type of guy. Probably a big reason why it feels like they fold so fast every time they face any type of October adversity. Like as soon as the opposing team takes any type of lead, it almost feels like they give up.

I guarantee you this. None of their potential playoff opponents fear going into Dodger Stadium in October and they don’t fear facing the Dodgers in a big game playoff matchup. And they shouldn’t until these dudes perform in October.

Maybe that guy was Jayson....who we DFA'd for CT3....

The guy that is producing for the Astros...while CT3....

save us

Enrique Hernandez Wore Banana Suit in Dugout on Dodgers President's Orders  | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Back
Top Bottom