**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

flk8d1.jpg

:nerd: :pimp:

Last edited:
Lupe talking on twitter about him not signing the actual CD of F&L2. He is signing a black card or any other Lupe CD. But signing the actual CD of F&L2 takes away from the message of the all black.

This is basically the symbolism behind the all black. Props to Lupe for this I think this is genius.

[table][tr][td]--[/td][td]5[/td][td]LUPE FIASCO[/td][td]ATLANTIC[/td][td]89,778[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td]FOOD & LIQUOR II[/td][/tr][/table]
i really though he would sell more..

Although it was the highest-performing hip-hop album of the week, the sales do not compare to his past releases. Lasers shifted 204,000 copies, while 2007’s The Cool moved 143,000 units. Food & Liquor II sold slightly more than Lupe’s 2006 debut, Food & Liquor, which did 81,000 in its opening week.

So apparently, Lasers was lupe's most successful release :x :smh:

Album is solid. Need to give it a few more listens.
I just want him to continue the story. More The Cool, The Streets, The Game, Michael Young History, all that.
Thats how I got my girl and a lot of my friends to listen to Lupe. They were all like "that kick push guy? You listen to him?" Then when I put them on with the ongoing story and the symbolism they were hooked. And when i broke down "Gotta Eat" for them.

Last edited:
89 is solid, pretty much what was expected today.
Lasers did over 200 first week because The Show Goes On was a HUGE hit
The Cool is still his best selling album. Lasers is like 20K-30K behind it.

Great album, he really delivered the lyrics. But he still hasn't managed to get the beats and hooks together as he did on his first album. Although it is very progressive.

How come American terrorists 2 isn't on this?

Tough to name one favorite track but

Strange Fruition
Around My Way
Audubon Ballroom
Lamborghini Angels
Cold War
Form Follows Function

all get the most plays :smokin

says a lot about a lot.

Not surprised.

Dude's buzz was highest prior to Lasers' release. Plus "The Show Goes On" got a ton of spins.

After that he started calling everyone terrorists, opposing voting, tweeting inane stuff, etc. Most of the people that bought Lasers weren't checking for this album IMO.

A lot of good songs on this, handful of great ones. Dope lyrics as expected. To me this album suffered from some of the same problems as The Cool. A bit too many songs. For me the albums falls off after Lamborghini Angels and doesn't pick up again until Form Follows Function.

All in all very good album.

Lupe is my favorite artists. Although his latest album isn't the greatest for bumping out loud, his lyricism is beyond what I expected. He pulled through and now can't wait for part two. BTW, my favorite song is Strange Fruition. 
pimp.gif

Lupe is truely a troll for making this album, he even said in an interview he used the F&L 2 title only to "market" the album, dude is a million times lamer than how he use to be,,,

Back
Top Bottom