Official Mad Men Season 5 Thread - Episode - 13 - "The Phantom" 6/10 10pm - Season Finale

smokin.gif
  I got my pomade and comb ready.

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

I'll have to re-watch seasons 3 and 4 in the next few weeks; I just finished re-watching season 2 last month.

Good to see it back.
I can't remember anything prior to season 4
laugh.gif

.... Drinking at the job happens on various days at various ad agencies in this day. As long as you are doing the appropriate work

Does anyone know whether each episode will actually be shortened by two minutes? 

I remember reading that the network wanting to add more commercial time was apart of the delay.

Here's good news for "Mad Men" fans: Episodes for the show's upcoming season will run a full 47 minutes, not the 45 minutes that had been agreed on earlier this year.
"Mad Men" creator/exec producer Matthew Weiner announced the running time change Friday morning during Variety's Emmy Elite Showrunners breakfast at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The running time of episodes had been a major sticking point earlier this year when Weiner was in tough negotiations with "Mad Men" producer AMC and Lionsgate TV. Back in March, it was announced that the first and last episodes of "Mad Men's" fifth season would run 47 minutes, as has been the show's standard since its inception, but the remaining 11 segs would run about 45 minutes to allow for more commercial time. The plan was to make those episodes available at their full 47-minute running time online.

But in the intervening months, the sides came to terms on a 47.05 running time for all segs.

"I don't know how they managed to make that work out," Weiner said during the drama showrunners' panel at the Emmy Elite gathering. "It was a lot of worry. I'm so thrilled."

AMC insiders indicated that the push for a 45-minute running time on most segs was always more about giving the network flexibility. But clearly, Weiner's will has won out.

Link

2 hour season premier
eek.gif

Can't wait!
pimp.gif

Mad Men is definitely one of my favorite shows! So much style in this show

Wonder what's gonna happen with this whole cigarette industry thing. What's gonna save the agency when most of their money came from Lucky Strike??

Some new details.. Link

Actor Jon Hamm has revealed that the relationship between Mad Men characters Don Draper and Joan Harris will be explored in greater detail as the series progresses.

The actor, who plays womanising ad executive Draper in the drama, made his comments at the Curzon Mayfair last night as part of a Bafta interview with Jo Whiley.

When asked why Draper has never made a pass at office vixen Joan, played by Christina Hendricks, Hamm responded: “Who says he hasn’t?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Big J 33
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just read a little article on Complex via Radio Times about this upcoming season where they asked why Joan and Don haven't hooked up
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
[h1]Jon Hamm drops plot hints about Mad Men's next series[/h1][h2]Actor reveals that the relationship between Don Draper and Joan Harris will be explored[/h2]
Share this episode
Jon_Hamm_drops_plot_hints_about_Mad_Men_s_next_series.jpg
Written ByRadio Times staff12:44 PM, 16 February 2012
Actor Jon Hamm has revealed that the relationship between Mad Men characters Don Draper and Joan Harris will be explored in greater detail as the series progresses.

The actor, who plays womanising ad executive Draper in the drama, made his comments at the Curzon Mayfair last night as part of a Bafta interview with Jo Whiley.

When asked why Draper has never made a pass at office vixen Joan, played by Christina Hendricks, Hamm responded: “Who says he hasn’t?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Don Draper 
smokin.gif

There will come a day when people will be able to have a mini-bar in their office and drink scotch/whiskey during meetings.

Yeah, I'm happy!
You say that like this show set in the future... That day come and gone bruh
laugh.gif

I feel you though.. my ideal job would be Sterlings. Go in, drink, take clients to lunch, harrass females and son my employees
smokin.gif
Forgot to put the "once again" amigo, 
laugh.gif

Rented the first two seasons awhile back, but I'm catching up on the remaining two right now. Should be ready for the Season 5 premiere.
pimp.gif

My series re-watch is going well.. just started season 3.. I forgot how much I love this show.

Back
Top Bottom