Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Team Specific Overall Ratings

Every team rates players based on their individual philosophies. Gone are the days of every single team thinking that the same running back is a 90 overall rating across the board. The Saints now prefer smaller receiving backs while the 49ers lean toward backs that can handle the load. This brings a whole new layer of strategy to the Draft, Free Agency, Trades and Scouting. You might think a rookie quarterback is an 80 overall but the Bears may think he’s a 76.

New sub overall ratings

Connected Careers features new overall ratings that take into account physical skills, intangibles, injuries, production (stats) and size. Teams weight these differently, so a team that prefers smart players might not put a lot of emphasis into size.
I don't even play John Madden like that but 
pimp.gif

So you gon act like you've been THAT disconnected from the game to still call it "John Madden"
grin.gif

At first I was like this is some bull. Then I see that it effects the running game at the line.

I hope this end the running back getting stuck at the LOS and then blowing pass everyone for a big gain

More footage of the engine. 

Did you guys see the virtual Twitter feed on the Connected Careers mode though?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Virtual Skip Bayless will be hilarious.

Man I'm trying to temper my excitement, but Michael Turner trucking Jabari Greer @ 3:08 mark in that tension video looked amazing.
eek.gif

pimp.gif

See what happens when you add a black guy to the Madden development team.
laugh.gif

Good videos Toine. I really hate how they're releasing this game at the end of August instead of the beginning though, the wait is going to be killer
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Gut feeling tells me this year's Madden will be worth buying.  Also I would say that if ANYTHING happens to Calvin or maybe even Matt then the curse is real.  Hopefully the curse has nothing to do with Fairley's unfortunate run ins with the law.

Wow, this new engine looks really good so far. Got me hyped for the game now. Damn you, EA Sports...this happens every year. lol.

Haven't bought a madden since 2009.  This still isn't looking that good to me.  Will wait to hear reviews.  I used to be a madden fanatic back in the ps2 days. But never enjoyed them on the PS3.

This engine looks promising but honestly every year they say the same thing.  Animations are better the physics are better.  And every year I play the game the biggest flaw is just it simply doesn't play well.  Nothing is fluid.  And its really sad that it took them this long to have a decent physics engine.  They show the video and say, look in 2012 players legs go through each other and arms go through faces.....why did it take you this long to try to fix that.

EA has always been so concerned with presentation for some unknown reason to me.  What makes a game is the game play.  Not the realistic endzone celebration and half time show.

Retiring from NCAA, and going back to Madden...last one I bought was with VY on the cover.
laugh.gif

*Off subject, but will 2K get back into college hoops?

Yeahh this is def bringing me back to Madden. But if this one sucks, I am done for good with the franchise.

New footage has me interested...I wonder how well the challenge system works this year though (was chit every other year prior)

Back
Top Bottom