Official Marsha Ambrosius Thread(Late Nights and Early Mornings) 3/1/11

So Dr. Dre and Aftermath aren't behind this at all anymore?

Nice to see Sterling Simms did something on it

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

She left them and I was too glad to see it happen. Dre would have had her on the shelf forever
mad.gif

I believe she is on J Records now.

She left them and I was too glad to see it happen. Dre would have had her on the shelf forever
mad.gif

i thought she was only a writer or something like that for Dr. Dre...like she was never signed to them as an artist

i thought she was only a writer or something like that for Dr. Dre...like she was never signed to them as an artist

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

mad.gif

Yeah J. Records seemed to have given her a ton of freedom on this album which I am loving.  She really got to put out her style and the kind of music that she likes to make. 

mad.gif

Yeah J. Records seemed to have given her a ton of freedom on this album which I am loving.  She really got to put out her style and the kind of music that she likes to make. 

mad.gif

mad.gif

the OG was amaizing but this version of butterflies wasn't that bad...

i always liked her on the song more than MJ

the OG was amaizing but this version of butterflies wasn't that bad...

i always liked her on the song more than MJ

I have listened to this album twice and it is truly damn good. I will rate it a 4.5/5. The weakest song is easily "I hope she cheats on you"....I never really liked it when it was released but I admit it is going on me and the only song I skip. Lose Myself is a beautiful song written by the great Ms. Lauryn Hill....other standout tracks are With You, Your Hands, Sour Times, and Chasing Clouds and of course Far Away which is a great track.

Really amazing album lyrically, production and vocally....truly refreshing to hear this sound within R&B.

I have listened to this album twice and it is truly damn good. I will rate it a 4.5/5. The weakest song is easily "I hope she cheats on you"....I never really liked it when it was released but I admit it is going on me and the only song I skip. Lose Myself is a beautiful song written by the great Ms. Lauryn Hill....other standout tracks are With You, Your Hands, Sour Times, and Chasing Clouds and of course Far Away which is a great track.

Really amazing album lyrically, production and vocally....truly refreshing to hear this sound within R&B.

Album is VERRRY good. She'll be purchased. 2/2 for 2011 R&B. Now it's up to Lloyd and Bobby V to make it 4/4.

Album is VERRRY good. She'll be purchased. 2/2 for 2011 R&B. Now it's up to Lloyd and Bobby V to make it 4/4.

i'm not feelin any kind of way about lloyd but i'm definitely hoping Bobby comes through for me...i think he will...

i'm not feelin any kind of way about lloyd but i'm definitely hoping Bobby comes through for me...i think he will...

This album is great. I have not been able to stop playing it and seriously can listen to it all the way through. It is one of the best and refreshing R&B albums I have heard in a long time....maybe since Ne-Yo's In My Own Words.

Back
Top Bottom