OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would be the case. I think there would be a HUGE decrease in PPV #'s.
A huge decrease from 4.5M to 2M is still the biggest event in Boxing nobody in boxing can even sell 1M PPV's these two will sell 2M at the least 

Even w/ those #'s, you're still losing over 1/2 of your viewers.

You'll get the diehards + Philippines to watch.

No amount of hype surrounding a rematch will come close to bringing in the numbers like they did last Saturday.

A huge decrease from 4.5M to 2M is still the biggest event in Boxing nobody in boxing can even sell 1M PPV's these two will sell 2M at the least 

You're buggin if you think they'd crack 2. Pac would have to come back and knock someone strong out for them to even crack a million on the rematch.

Floyd would clown amir khan. dude cant box. he just throws punches and his chin is wet paper. He gambles way too much. Floyd would take em out back.

Unless the PPV was 19.99 no way 2M would tune in to watch Floyd and Manny II, 1.5 to 2 years after Floyd completely dominated him. Not happening.

Manny would have to fight a legit contender in his comeback fight and COMPLETELY dominate him to even generate hype for Floyd Manny II and I still don't think it'd get 2M ppv buys.

possible Triple G catch's tyson consecutive knockout record? dudes power and strength is crazy. he's like rocky marciano. knockouts with either hand on everybody.

Unless the PPV was 19.99 no way 2M would tune in to watch Floyd and Manny II, 1.5 to 2 years after Floyd completely dominated him. Not happening.

Manny would have to fight a legit contender in his comeback fight and COMPLETELY dominate him to even generate hype for Floyd Manny II and I still don't think it'd get 2M ppv buys.

exactly. the first fight wasnt good enough to lead to a 2nd. Hella people were disappointed. Theres really no reason for a rematch, the fight was pretty clear cut. maybe thats why they're crying about an inury, to put the doubt out there that manny wasnt full strength and the next fight he will be. if he has a torn rotator cuff though, no way he'd be 100% by september.

Last edited:
Floyd isn't matching this past fight numbers no matter who he fights :lol: just an all around dumb convo to have

Folks who hate him thought pacq was the guy to knock him off. Floyd took their souls so idk who he could fight to get their hopes up again. You got people wanting him to move up in weight just so they can have that "hope" again. :lol:

Floyd gonna be like "eighty percent ***"
After Manny's performance, I think he deserves it. Manny should be happy Floyd if giving him something to eat.

Y'all really want to see that fight again?

I'd rather see Mayweather vs Thurman
Agree or GGG ... Hell, I even take Jacobs, for some reason I love watching him fight and he has a great story.

i really see this happening to even a 75-25 type deal 
Agree ...

Floyd $175million, Pacquiao $32million :rofl:
I don't think this fight would make that type of money, but regardless the purse should be that extreme split.

But are people gonna shell out 70 bucks or whatever to see him fight an Amir Khan or whoever?
I'll pay 100 to see him against GGG and I'll pay good money to see him against One Time or Jacobs. Garcia doesn't have a chance and he beat Kahn ... Just to inexperience IMHO.

Sounds about right. Just can't figure out who will be Pac's comeback fight.
Canelo ...

But what if PacMan comes back and gets KO'd?
that's why he fights Canelo, if Canelo wins that payday could potentially be bigger than this Pacman fight, especially if Canelo can KO him ... If Canelo looses, he still have PAC. Win win ...

In the meantime Mayweather takes on one of the three I mentioned or Cotton, because he has always praised him as the hardest hitter he ever foght. Although the outcome would still be the same.

exactly. the first fight wasnt good enough to lead to a 2nd. Hella people were disappointed. Theres really no reason for a rematch, the fight was pretty clear cut.
Its already in motion for a rematch don't yall see the signs....The scorecards, Manny's Injury, Floyd gunning for 50-0, He will be out his Showtime deal, etc...All the storylines are there for a 2016 rematch 

Floyd isn't matching this past fight numbers no matter who he fights :lol: just an all around dumb convo to have

Folks who hate him thought pacq was the guy to knock him off. Floyd took their souls so idk who he could fight to get their hopes up again. You got people wanting him to move up in weight just so they can have that "hope" again. :lol:
but Floyd has fought at 154, so the its not an extreme and I'm willing to bet that Floyd was probably that or higher fight night.

Its already in motion for a rematch don't yall see the signs....The scorecards, Manny's Injury, Floyd gunning for 50-0, He will be out his Showtime deal, etc...All the storylines are there for a 2016 rematch 

It was gonna play out that way no matter the outcome, you knew whatever happened both sides had plans to set up a rematch. That's the game in boxing. The problem is, the fight was sooo one sided only one group of people want to see that again...Manny fans.

It was gonna play out that way no matter the outcome, you knew whatever happened both sides had plans to set up a rematch. That's the game in boxing. The problem is, the fight was sooo one sided only one group of people want to see that again...Manny fans.
U dont think Floyd fans want to see him go 50-0 and break Boxing's biggest record?

Mayweather is sympathetic to Pac's injury since his hand being prone to it. From your god's mouth to my ears used that as an excuse multiple times, even acknowledging the fans dismay of exciting fights. Rematch will happen ends it easy.

After cotto roughed floyd up at 154 i doubt he fights in that weight class again especially on his last fight

U dont think Floyd fans want to see him go 50-0 and break Boxing's biggest record?

They do... Floyd fans will buy the fight regardless. That's easy money, but to make the most money possible you have appeal to those who hate Floyd. Mayweather has built a fortune being the "heel" and he knows it. I don't think Floyd is a good person by any means, but I think 95% of his bluster and **** talking is to promote the fight and that angle.

Therefore you gotta put somebody in there who people feel has a chance in hell of beating him so that faction of fans buys the fight also. Manny ain't that guy.

They do... Floyd fans will buy the fight regardless. That's easy money, but to make the most money possible you have appeal to those who hate Floyd. Mayweather has built a fortune being the "heel" and he knows it. I don't think Floyd is a good person by any means, but I think 95% of his bluster and **** talking is to promote the fight and that angle.

Therefore you gotta put somebody in there who people feel has a chance in hell of beating him so that faction of fans buys the fight also. Manny ain't that guy.
Well u said yourself that all Manny fans want to see the fight again and Floyd fans will buy the fight regardless....Sounds like everybody will but the fight again based off what u just said.

Not the mass casuals, but again I don't think there Is any matchup which will grab them again soon

Last edited:
He should fight either BRONER or JC CHAVEZ JR. but hell probably fight THURMAN... I DON'T LIKE THAT NAME

EITHER WAY HELL WIN

Manny would have to come back from the injury and legitimately KO someone to gain some hype for the rematch. Then the storyline can be, "he's healthy for this one yada yada yada"

I dont see a rematch happening though. This is SAS and Floyd just gassin themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom