**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

if top tier is based off lyricism, then papoose is top tier

rap is more than being a lyricist, thats like saying lebron isnt top tier because he cant shoot like korver

You can't compare Drake and Cudi.

Each of Drake's albums has had the same sound as a current hot artist. SFSG (808s and Trey Songz Mixtape) Debut album (Wayne) Second album (The Weeknd) Third album (2 Chainz/Big Sean) recent trash (Future) He's been great at making hits and what's popular. He's also very marketable, let's not act like that doesn't help. The guy is Jewish, doesn't look like a grimy rapper or anything. He's definitely one of the biggest rappers out today, nothing is clouding my judgment. He has both sides working for him.

Cudi had found a formula, MOTM1 and 2 and then aborted it completely. Not sure why or what was wrong with him but his music changed drastically.

rap is more than being a lyricist, thats like saying lebron isnt top tier because he cant shoot like korver

Depends, we talking about top tier in popularity/sales or top tier skilled rappers. If you're saying A, Drake is in the conversation without a doubt and Meek isn't. If you're saying B, Drake and Meek aren't in the conversation.

You can't compare Drake and Cudi.

Each of Drake's albums has had the same sound as a current hot artist. SFSG (808s and Trey Songz Mixtape) Debut album (Wayne) Second album (The Weeknd) Third album (2 Chainz/Big Sean) recent trash (Future) He's been great at making hits and what's popular. He's also very marketable, let's not act like that doesn't help. The guy is Jewish, doesn't look like a grimy rapper or anything. He's definitely one of the biggest rappers out today, nothing is clouding my judgment. He has both sides working for him.

Cudi had found a formula, MOTM1 and 2 and then aborted it completely. Not sure why or what was wrong with him but his music changed drastically.

No, just no.

it's the reason a lot of lyricists can't get on the radio or spins anywhere ---- they suck at making SONGS

Horseshoe Gang raps circles around people, but their songs suck... it's nothing you want to listen to while you work, drive, workout, drink at the bar, etc....

Fred the Godson is one of my favorite rappers but his songs are so underwhelming ...same with Slaughterhouse ... Crooked I, in particular, makes the worst songs ever but that boy got flow

Last edited:
 being a lyricist is only one skillset

but making great songs with respectable lyrical ability is an all around rapper which drake is

Again, he's one of the biggest rappers in the game but I doubt many people outside of his fans will say he's lyrically gifted or one of the most skilled rappers. That was even before he got caught having someone else write for him. He makes great radio music and club music. Catchy and women vibe to it. Let's not act like his music is deep or complex. Very simplistic, his flow and delivery is more impressive than his lyrics.

Last edited:
That's why the most elite rappers are able to remain true to the lyricism and still make great songs. That's what makes an artist top tier. It's pretty much understood that Drake is not a lyrical heavyweight. So because of that he can never be at the upper echelons.

Last edited:
The Real Story Behind Meek Mill & Drake’s Beef 1 hour ago

in News Last week, we penned a very extensive editorial on the beef between Meek Mill and Drake. We supported the thesis the MMG signee made a huge mistake when he dissed Drizzy and later our point was proven by the 6 God himself, who liberated “Back to Back Freestyle” and basically put an end to the discussion. Now, we stumbled upon information allegedly provided by someone close to DJ Drama’s girlfriend. Here’s the entire story behind Meek Mill and Drake’s beef. It all began when Meek found out from DJ Drama that Drake used a ghostwriter, Quentin Miller, for some of his tracks, including his guest verse on “R.I.C.O.” For some reason, he thought it would be great idea to confront Drake about it and both got into an argument. Drizzy felt disrespected as he was trying to do Meek a favor anyway.

Later the same week, the Philly native hosted his homecoming concert, but the OVO Sound leader didn’t show up and Meek got salty, because he was supposed to be the biggest surprise. Meek supposedly lied when he said he didn’t know the guest verse was ghostwritten by Quentin until he put Dreams Worth More Than Money out. Even though the track was already recorded upon learning the truth, Mill could have removed it from the LP, but still included it. Fast forward, the album dropped and it was all good and well until Milly noticed Drake hadn’t tweeted the iTunes link to DWMTM, which made him feel some type of way. Around the same time, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift had their own Twitter exchange. Meek saw that even though the Country songstress was a bigger star, social media users sided with Onika and thought that if he exposed Drake, everybody would take his side and label Drizzy a fraud. Well, we all know what happened next.

In the meantime, word in the industry got around that many DJs and radio personalities, including Funkmaster Flex and Charlamagne Tha God, had the reference track for “10 Bands.” Charla recently confirmed he was emailed the demo before Flex premiered it, but decided not to take advantage. Other disc jockeys also turned down the offer, because no one was brave or stupid enough to go against the most popular artist in the genre. Flex, on the other hand, begged DJ Drama for the first reference song, knowing that there are even more. Eventually, Flex premiered the track, acting like he has more coming, while Drama initially refused to provide him the other three. Then Drake dropped “Charged Up” and shocked Meek, who thought he would never receive a response, based on Drizzy’s tendency to avoid confrontation. At this point, Mill recorded “Wanna Know,” but didn’t premiere it because he and Flex wanted to put it out along with the other reference tracks and attempt to ether Drizzy all at once. Since Drama didn’t cooperate with them, they took the last minute decision not to play Meek’s diss on July 27th. Again, we all know how that turned out. The next day Drake shocked them once again with “Back to Back Freestyle” after Meek did nothing during “The Pinkprint” tour stop in Toronto. Drama realized this could very much damage his townsman and threw Meek a lifeline by providing Flex with the three reference tracks for “R.I.C.O.”, “Blessings” and “Know Yourself” free of charge. They though the reference tracks would at least even the odds.

However, what he didn’t know was that the Philly rapper name dropped T.I. in “Wanna Know,” revealing the hilarious incident when Drake got pissed on by Tip’s affiliate Cap. The Hustle Gang leader got upset at Drama for getting his name involved, which led the DJ to express disappointment with Meek on twitter. Many speculate their relationship has also come to end. SEE ALSO: THESE BRANDS CAN’T STOP MOCKING MEEK MILL ON TWITTER Also, the source confirmed DJ Drama was supposed to host If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late, but that didn’t happen when OVO decided to go the retail way, which costed Drama some serious coin. Allegedly, many people in the industry can’t stand the cocky Drizzy, but continue to fawn on him because of his status. Furthermore, the same source shed light on an important figure in the beef. In the intro for “Wanna Know,” Meek says, “I just wanna know how n****s going to jail / Telling on n****s, coming back home and it still being cool.” He is referring to Philly rapper Abdul “AR-AB” West, who allegedly went to jail, then snitched on some people, got out and signed with Drake’s OVO Sound, where he is supposedly leaking information on Meek. AR-AB was strategically mentioned in “Back to Back Freestyle” to let everybody know the Canadian knows most of Meek’s dirty secrets. Current rumor has it Drake is ready to drop a third diss, allegedly titled “3Peat,” and put an end to the whole beef and pretty much Meek’s career, at least for the foreseeable future.

Although 50 Cent and many other believe Nicki is behind the whole altercation, our sources imply that’s not the case at all. She supposedly loves Meek and has promised to support him, even though she is cool with Drake. Minaj was shocked when Meek got at Drake and both had a little argument. That’s why he apologized to her on stage in Virginia.

Read more at: http://www.24urban.com/news/the-real-story-behind-meek-mill-drakes-beef
damn

Again, he's one of the biggest rappers in the game but I doubt many people outside of his fans will say he's lyrically gifted or one of the most skilled rappers. That was even before he got caught having someone else write for him. He makes great radio music and club music. Catchy and women vibe to it. Let's not act like his music is deep or complex. Very simplistic, his flow and delivery is more impressive than his lyrics.
That's why the most elite rappers are able to remain true to the lyricism and still make great songs. That's what makes an artist top tier. It's pretty much understood that Drake is not a lyrical heavyweight. So because of that he can never be at the upper echelons.
so because hes not elite in one skillset he cant be top tier? 
mean.gif

YES!! It's a package deal.

If you get an 800 on the English portion of the SATs and bomb the math do you deserve to go to the Ivy Leagues? Hell no.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: time for me to leave this thread.

Bo Jackson was an all star at both levels. Drake CAN NOT sing, he can harmonize and get away with it. He's doing the same **** Future and Fetty do. If you had to compare him, he would be Russell Wilson. Not great at either sport. Set up in the right situation and excelling at it (football). People think he's good enough to professionally participate in singing (baseball) but he seriously couldn't if he tried.

YES!! It's a package deal.

If you get an 800 on the English portion of the SATs and bomb the math do you deserve to go to the Ivy Leagues? Hell no.
jordan wasnt an elite passer, lebron isnt an elite shooter, steph curry isnt an elite defender

all the greats arent elite at everything, stop acting like nas and jay was great hook dudes

Take a guy like crooked I who is a straight lyricist. Can't make good songs, can't make good hooks or melodies, gets people on payroll to do that for him. Cleans up his look and becomes marketable, do we really respect that and put him up there? I mean let's not act like this is the 1st accusation or 2nd of dude getting people to pen songs. He might be penning 90% of his verse but as stated before that's not what gets u radio play. Popularity wise he's as top tier as it gets but from a skill set POV I wouldn't say so. But either way there aren't a lot of dudes in any top tier so I guess its an accomplishment.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
time for me to leave this thread.

Bo Jackson was an all star at both levels. Drake CAN NOT sing, he can harmonize and get away with it. He's doing the same **** Future and Fetty do. If you had to compare him, he would be Russell Wilson. Not great at either sport. Set up in the right situation and excelling at it (football). People think he's good enough to professionally participate in singing (baseball) but he seriously couldn't if he tried.
point was that he's good at multiple aspects of music ....

Russel Wilson doesn't come to mind because he never played in multiple pro leagues...

so it's basically Bo Jackson, Primetime, and........................................................................................................ Brian Jordan.

you over analyzed this one a little too much.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] and its a difference between singing and harmonizing. Coming from a future fan, that **** future, drake, fetty etc do is not singing. Sounds great in cdq format but listen to those songs as their being recorded. I watched a video of future laying a verse down on the booth and ewwww **** sounded horrible before the engineer got his hands on it.

Last edited:
Bo was still elite at both tho.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] and its a difference between singing and harmonizing. Coming from a future fan, that **** future, drake, fetty etc do is not singing. Sounds great in cdq format but listen to those songs as their being recorded. I watched a video of future laying a verse down on the booth and ewwww **** sounded horrible before the engineer got his hands on it.

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOLLLLL @ comparing Future and Fetty Wops "harmonizing" to Drake...

that is complete nonsense

Fetty sounds like a wounded animal .... and who even knows what Future sounds like... that dude got mechanical vocal chords

jordan wasnt an elite passer, lebron isnt an elite shooter, steph curry isnt an elite defender

all the greats arent elite at everything, stop acting like nas and jay was great hook dudes

Stop it 5. Jordan was elite in every aspect of the game. See now you moving goal posts. We talking about lyricism and marketability. Two aspects that'd make a rapper elite. Jay and Nas have both. Drake has one. Breaking it down to hooks, and production, and whatnot doesn't take away from their lyricism and marketability.

I think I heard fetty sing once, dude actually has somewhat of a strange singing voice. I guess the wounded animal comparison is valid.

Future though. :lol: that's preposterous

I'll give you fetty, but future no, **** no

Back
Top Bottom